Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum

LARA CROFT ONLINE HOME PAGE

Problems whit Level Editor

Luna94

Since the LE can have multiple purposes, I'm afraid you're going to have to be a bit more descriptive.

A)Are you having trouble launching it?

B)Downloading it?

C)Installing it?

D)Playing custom levels on it?

E)Or do you not understand how to work the Room Editor?

A)Try restarting your computer/re-installing or re-downloading it.

B)Look around for a different host; I've had to do that before.

C)Make sure your computer is up to snuff (i.e hard drive space, etc)

D)Go to a site like Lara's Level Base or TRLE.net to find a level to download. I recommend using TR Level Manager which does the majority of the "dirty work" for you.

E)The official manual, which should have come with it, should help you, although I prefer fan-written tutorials.

I hope I helped you at least a little bit. :)

Edited by VonCroyJr.

If you go to "All Programs > Core Design > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Documentation", there will be a manual that could help you. You need Adobe Acrobat Reader to run it, though (the manual). Although the manual only helps with level building and not the Room Editor crashing or whatever problem you might have technically. I remember having trouble with the "load last autosave" box that came up at the start of the program, which will freeze the entire Room Editor if you don't pick an option. The problem is, half the time the stupid box goes away before you can even click something. To get around this, I use Tab + Enter which automatically selects an option.

If that's not the problem you're having and I just rotted out my finger tendons for nothing, then please elaborate.

What exactly is your problem with working the RE?

We can't help you otherwise. :)

Well,i know how to run program but there is so many options!I mean,when i want to put door somewhere there is a note:not connected,or something like that.I mean,i want to build a new level and i dont know how.If you don't want to write thet to me just please tell me where i can find that information,help or something! :huh:

Well,i know how to run program but there is so many options!I mean,when i want to put door somewhere there is a note:not connected,or something like that.I mean,i want to build a new level and i dont know how.If you don't want to write thet to me just please tell me where i can find that information,help or something! :huh:

Simple, the manual should help explain all of that. Get to it like I explained before. The manual walks you through how to build a tutorial level, mirroring the "Playable Tutorial" in the TRLE exe. It can be vague or just plain not cover an aspect, so feel free to search around online or you can always ask here. :)

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

i never knew how to use the level editor either, i actually only loaded it up once and then my computer froze and i had to restart everything, after that i never tryed to use it again. it is kinda silly they just gave away classic TR game making to the fans i think, i have no intrest in all in making my own TR games. (yeah i know, what am i doing here? :lol: )