Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum

LARA CROFT ONLINE HOME PAGE

Everything about Movies and DVDs

Guested Account

So glad James Cameron is getting the rights back! T2 is my favourite of all the films! Rise of the Machines was decent...but Salvation and Genisys, they were down hill. I don't think anybody can play Sarah Connor quite like Linda Hamilton, haha.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Voice from the Stone (2017)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1544608/

e39e41546528148.jpg 

A nanny gets care of a young boy who hasn't spoken since his mother died of a mysterious illness.

There are other elements at work here in this supernatural ghost story but by the time you've finished watching this, you will be begging to ask:

Where's the ghost?

Where was the thrill and suspense?

What the heck did I just watch?

Don't waste your time with this.

2/5

Edited by j7wild

The Space Between Us (2017)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3922818/

bbc450546532121.jpg

A good premise wasted!

On the first manned mission to colonize Mars, 2 months into the journey, the mission commander discovers she is pregnant.

She gives birth and the baby grows up on Mars.

When he turns 16 years old, he wants to go to Earth to see where he came from.

If you can look past the plot holes and scientific goofs that were in the movie up to now, you can still enjoy this movie but no, because the screenwriters decided to turn it into a predictable cliched and stupid teenage love story, not even a good one at that.

This movie should be retitled to The Space Between The Ears of the idiots who wrote and produced this movie because that's all there is there and not one brain among them.

Want to know how bad this film is? To rate this movie Mediocre is being generous.

1/5

Edited by j7wild

Diabolique (1996)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0116095/

51cf8c546745072.jpg 

Predictable, dreadful, devoid of any life and soul, boring, totally unsuspenseful and unthrilling.

Appearance wise, Sharon Stone looks like a drug junkie. She also comes across the screen as she doesn't want to be in this film but hey, a paycheck is a paycheck, right? 

The other female lead, critically acclaimed French actress Isabelle Adjani looks like a fish out of the water trying to recite her English language speaking lines - maybe they should had gotten a French actress who have had more experience in English speaking roles prior to this film.

The pacing was so slow! Oh so so very slow, you'd think you aged 10 years by the time you've finish watching this very painful remake of the 1955 French psychological thriller masterpiece!!

Do yourself a favor and stick with the original:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0046911/

1/5

Edited by j7wild

The Secret Of My Succe$s (1987)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093936/

In my opinion, this movie is one of three films that quintessentially portrayed the 1980's and defined and created the big worldwide financial mess we are still in, 30 years later: greed, big corporation, over spending, the love of the excess, Reaganomics.

The other 2 films are Wall Street and Working Girl.

Helen Slater is incredibly beautiful in this film. It's too bad her attempt at creating a big screen celluloid Super Girl franchise failed.

65dd92547329450.jpg 250037547329456.jpg 7e1ada547329462.jpg dd168b547329469.jpg

3/5

Edited by j7wild

Wall Street and Working Girl were very good. At least they showed in the end you get caught lol. 

I agree Greed is not good and I think by creating jobs and educating people for jobs in demand is the

way to go. When everyone is working it's a good thing for everyone and the country.

• 2 weeks later...

Becoming Bond (2017)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6110504/

d48c31550055103.jpg 

I have always wondered where the Bond films will be today if Lazenby did his 7 films, including On Her Majesty's Secret Service (OHMSS), and Sir Roger Moore never did Bond.

Moore would had been too old by the time Lazenby finished his 7 pictures run around the early 80's.

Will Dalton had more than 2 films if he had taken over the role sooner than 1987 and not end up being compared to Moore?

OHMSS is still IMO one of the Best Bond films ever made and I know I am not the only one who think so.

At the end, the reason Mr. Lazenby gave for turning down a 7 Bond films deal was not any of the reasons we've heard over the years: he didn't get along with Broccoli and Saltzman or he was fired or his agent advised him wrong and told him to quit the role after only one film (that's written on WIKI) or that he was just a dumb ass or a fool.

The reason he gave was he wanted to live his life by his own expectations: not by someone else's and not by how people perceived him. He wanted to live his life as George Lazenby and not as a fictional character named James Bond.

Unfortunately the one Bond film was also the cause of him losing out on a life with his first and only one true love: Belinda Fingleton.

That part of the movie was bittersweet and sad at the same time.

Nevertheless, even if Lazenby did miss out on fame and fortune, he said he was happy with his decision and his life still turned out well: he got married twice, had kids and he didn't have to deal with his life being put under a microscope and the public scrutiny of Becoming Bond.

4/5

Edited by j7wild

On the topic of actors who have played Bond -- RIP Sir Roger Moore.

Apparently there has finally been an actor cast to play Nathan Drake in Sony's Uncharted film, and it's Tom Holland. I wasn't too sure about this choice at first, until I read that this film is going to be a prequel to Drake's Fortune. I can see Tom as a younger Drake, if you compare the in-game look of the character in the sequence from Drake's Deception where he is fifteen. I just hope that they keep it within the timeline of the actual game -- so I'm assuming this film will either be based on, or take place during, the sequence in Drake's Deception where Nate meets Sully for the first time in Columbia at the Francis Drake exhibit.

Crossplot (1969)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0064193/

b4cf12551650287.jpg 

An modeling agency talent scout (Roger Moore) unwittingly gets involved with a girl on the lam from a group of dangerous killers after she overhears an assassination plot.

e72b47551650552.jpg 

Made 4 years before Moore stars in his first James Bond film, Crossplot plays out like an over-long The Saint Episode mixed with a movie featuring a James Bond wannabe character.

3/5

Edited by j7wild

Free Fire (2016)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4158096/

977314551795166.jpg 6338fd551795173.jpg a6dd56551795175.jpg 

Boston, 1978. In an abandoned factory, several IRA members meet a group of Americans to buy machine guns that they plan to ship back to Ireland to use against the British.

Easy Peasy!! What could go wrong, right?

There is a disagreement and misunderstanding over something, everyone is carrying a gun, everyone is on macho adrenaline rush.

Someone pulls a gun first and shoots another.

Then the whole thing turns into a big shootout with everyone shooting at everyone else.

Oh, there is a woman too. She came in with the buyers.

So what's wrong with this movie?

Everything!!

It's a waste of talent: Cillian Murphy, Armie Hammer, Brie Larson, Noah Taylor, Michael Smiley, etc.

The producers could had saved some money and gotten a bunch of nameless actors because all that talent couldn't save this movie from it's paper thin plot, cardboard characters, and moronic dialogue.

There was a few instances where I wanted to shoot all the characters myself just to see the movie end:

at only 1 hour and 30 minutes running time, it was still 40 minutes too long. That is how tedious it was to watch this.

2/5

Edited by j7wild

Wonder Woman (2017)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0451279/

tx04i6g0kq85.jpg 25459w1p6aav.jpg
1z54qpqsen64.jpg ppfx7cul6duw.jpg

Now this is how a movie adaptation of a Superhero[ine] comic book series should be!

Not that repetitive junk we have been subjected to the past 10+ years: Dark Knight Trilogy, Captain America, Avengers, Iron Man, Non Fantastic Four, X-Men, etc etc

Gal Gadot is beautiful, intelligent, charismatic and she has a strong on screen presence and persona.

She TRULY IS Wonder Woman!!

I can't think of any other actresses working right now that could had been a better choice than Gal Gadot.

I wish her a long and prosperous movie career as both Wonder Woman and any other roles she chooses to take in the future and I hope she will never become a victim of typecasting.

5/5

Edited by j7wild

On 6/13/2017 at 5:04 AM, Tom@LCO said:

lol that's your job! :lol:

I can't give it two Tom's thumbs up! My name is not Tom!

;)

Joel & Ethan Coen's Fargo (1996)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0116282/

y8t6czkqmq0q.jpg

This is my 23rd viewing of this movie, IMO one of the top 5 movies ever made.

It was nominated for Best Picture, Best Director, Best Supporting Actor (William H. Macy), Best Cinematography, Best Editing.

It won Oscars for Best Actress in a Leading Role (Frances McDormand as the pregnant chief of police of Brainerd, Minnesota) and Best Screenplay directly written for the screen.

They gave the Best Picture and Best Director and Best Cinematography to the crappy The English Patient, Best Supporting Actor to Cuba Gooding Jr. (What has he done in the past 10 years? NOTHING! A bunch of B movies, direct to DVD movies and TV episodes appearances).

Fargo should had won Best Picture and Best Director. William H. Macy as Jerry Lundergaard, the man at the last of his wits end should had won Best Supporting Actor.

His final scene in the movie will always irk me. His lies and schemes have been uncovered. The police are knocking on his motel room door. It's freezing cold outside and yet he is trying to climb out of the bathroom window wearing just his underwears and no shoes. Where is he going to go?

This movie went on to spawn a very successful and critically acclaimed TV series by the same title. If you haven't seen this movie or the TV series, you are missing out!

5/5

Edited by j7wild