Raider Man

Bonus Level?!!!!!

8 posts in this topic

I heard that if you bring all the rewards, they will open you a bonus level! Is that true?!!!!!!

Yes, it is true.

The level is called Style Units (I think, can't remember perfectly), and it's basically a level the designers created to test the 4 main locations of Tomb Raider (Peru, Greece, Egypt, etc...). As you progress throughout the level, the surroundings change to suit the current location.

The level doesn't have an end, and it's cyclical (You end where you began).

Quite interesting with the commentary turned on!

MsC

:D LOL!! Thanks :woho: Edited by Raider Man

Yes, it is true.

The level is called Style Units (I think, can't remember perfectly), and it's basically a level the designers created to test the 4 main locations of Tomb Raider (Peru, Greece, Egypt, etc...). As you progress throughout the level, the surroundings change to suit the current location.

The level doesn't have an end, and it's cyclical (You end where you began).

Quite interesting with the commentary turned on!

MsC

thats not really considered a level IMO, but rather just like a bonus that we can see what they experimented with.

I thought the Egypt part of that "Level" looked pretty koo. Too bad they didn't but that area into the actual game

the peru bit had a lot more plant detail too, looks they cut some graphical designs maybe to make TRU look better

the peru bit had a lot more plant detail too, looks they cut some graphical designs maybe to make TRU look better

It was most likely due to the framerate. It was a last-gen game afterall and was designed to run on the PS2, and adding far too much plant clutter would slow the game down, which is why they created that level afterall, to test the environments out.

MsC

I will say that "playing" a level without any badies is a good level to practice moves and things in, instead of doing it in the manor. You had actual environments to practice in. Plus, it was kinda cool to see how they made the levels. And agin, nice to "play" a level without having someting jump out at you trying to kill you LOL.