Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum

LARA CROFT ONLINE HOME PAGE

New Tomb Raider movie without Angelina!!

I heard this week there is a new TR movie is in the works without Angelina.

It will feature a younger Lara Croft to keep in the same level as the new Tomb Raider game that's coming out which will also feature a younger (20 something) Lara Croft!!

So who should play Lara Croft now that Angelina is out of the picture?

I think an unknown or nearly unknown actress would be best. But my first choice otherwise would be Gemma Arteron cause I think she's a great actress and she's got the look or Summer Glau cause she can kick some serious butt.

I think an unknown or nearly unknown actress would be best. But my first choice otherwise would be Gemma Arteron cause I think she's a great actress and she's got the look or Summer Glau cause she can kick some serious butt.

IF you GOOGLE Tomb Raider Movie right now, you will find that there are many website saying Gemma Arterton would be the perfect choice to play the new Lara Croft and I agree.

She is Hot, she is British, she has the Lara Croft look:

.GEMMA-ARTERTON-LARA-CROFT-TOMB-RAIDER-V

I suggested Angelina Jolie to Eidos in the Eidos Tomb Raider forum in 1999, right before the Bone Collector was released, that Jolie should be Lara Croft.

At the time, the top choice for Lara Croft was Catherine Zeta Jones.

Of course, everyone in the forum including Eidos employees who were moderators of the forums laughed at me.

Well, who is laughing now?

Now people don't want to let go of Angelina Jolie as Lara Croft!!

I think I may send Crystal Dynamics/Eidos an email again!!

Edited by J7Dadda

IF you GOOGLE Tomb Raider Movie right now, you will find that there are many website saying Gemma Arterton would be the perfect choice to play the new Lara Croft and I agree.

She is Hot, she is British, she has the Lara Croft look:

.GEMMA-ARTERTON-LARA-CROFT-TOMB-RAIDER-V

I suggested Angelina Jolie to Eidos in the Eidos Tomb Raider forum in 1999, right before the Bone Collector was released, that Jolie should be Lara Croft.

At the time, the top choice for Lara Croft was Catherine Zeta Jones.

Of course, everyone in the forum including Eidos employees who were moderators of the forums laughed at me.

Well, who is laughing now?

Now people don't want to let go of Angelina Jolie as Lara Croft!!

I think I may send Crystal Dynamics/Eidos an email again!!

Do it! I believe in you!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

thanks to Hardkore for finding this story

http://www.slashfilm.com/iron-man-cowriters-hired-tomb-raider-reboot-origin-story/

The next puzzle has been solved on the long road to a 2013 Tomb Raider reboot. Graham King’s GK Films got the big one out of the way in March when they announced they’d acquired the rights to the franchise from Square Enix, which had previously been at Paramount. Next up, writers needed to be hired, and that’s just fallen into place. Mark Fergus and Hawk Ostby, both credited writers on Iron Man, Children of Men and the upcoming Cowboys & Aliens, and will attempt to craft an “origin story for Lara Croft that solidifies her place alongside Ellen Ripley and Sarah Connor in the pantheon of great female action heroes.”

Deadline broke the story of Fergus and Ostby’s hiring and The Hollywood Reporter ran that statement that the film will be an origin story.

There are two major issues with this. First, the initial success of Tomb Raider was never about how Lara Croft became such a bad ass. She just was a bad ass, much like Ellen Ripley and Sarah Connor. Though each of those characters grew into themselves over the course of Alien and The Terminator respectively, we never really saw what made them tick. The films just presented impossible circumstances that forced them to make violent and heroic choices. Would you ever want to see a movie about Sarah Connor that didn’t include Terminators? A movie about Ellen Ripley that didn’t include Aliens? Of course not. We like Lara Croft because she can shoot guns and solve puzzles, we don’t care how she gained those skills. An origin story sounds like it could be Wanted meets the first 20 minutes of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade for two hours straight. Don’t get me wrong, that stuff is fun, but it’s also a side note informing a larger story. Fergus and Ostby will have to figure out a way to tell an origin while also giving us the character we love.

The second issue, posed by Deadline, is Angelina Jolie. Jolie starred in two Tomb Raider‘s for Paramount and her casting was a master stroke. To us, there was no one else who could play that role. Not only was she perfect for it, she also happened to be one of the most bankable actresses of the time and an award winner. Rebooting a female action franchise that already starred someone of Jolie’s stature is a near impossible task. Is there really a star out there who can not only follow in those footsteps but make us forget Jolie?

Those are the issues facing not only Fergus and Ostby, but the producers as well.

• 2 weeks later...

I think Gemma Arterton, Olivia Wilde and Emma Watson are all pretty good choices for Lara. They all have that distinctive quality to their faces while also being very beautiful. I think they could all give their unique something to the role of Lara, given the chance.

• 4 months later...

The second issue, posed by Deadline, is Angelina Jolie. Jolie starred in two Tomb Raider‘s for Paramount and her casting was a master stroke. To us, there was no one else who could play that role. Not only was she perfect for it, she also happened to be one of the most bankable actresses of the time and an award winner. Rebooting a female action franchise that already starred someone of Jolie’s stature is a near impossible task. Is there really a star out there who can not only follow in those footsteps but make us forget Jolie?

Those are the issues facing not only Fergus and Ostby, but the producers as well.

I haven't heard of a TR 3 movie. This is the first time. I'm thrilled at the idea of it but doubted a little if Angelina would still star in it. I mean, she can still do it though she is older but she has much more important priorities right now. She's a mom of a bundle of kids and she's busy with being a goodwill ambassador (which I salute and admire her for. ;) )

It might be wise to find someone to replace her but 'replace' makes my heart ache.

I grew up watching Angelina as Lara.

It would be really hard to see someone else laying her role.

I think the best way to ease the sorrow of those who like me has labeled Angelina as Lara, is for the producers to either still cast her as Lara (which would be AWESOME!!!) or include her in the judges for the audition or role screening or include her in the movie as Lara and she chooses someone to pass on her legacy or she's still LAra and the movie will be a flashback of her younger years. Like she'll be doing a cameo or special participation. :) So that the viewers can clearly the transition from Angelina to the new girl. And that would show the greatest rsepect to Angelina and those who brought Lara to the big screen. ^_^

I hope they get one of these ideas. I'll be really happy. Not only me for that account. :rolleyes::lol:

8794072_gal.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I'm thinking at this stage they probably have a wait and see attitude. If the next game does really well then most likely they will do a film, otherwise they won't.

• 1 month later...

Tomb Raider Reboot

They are hard at work on the next film.

Apparently Lara will be searching for her parents. No casting news yet.

Edited by Jolie752

Tomb Raider Reboot

They are hard at work on the next film.

Apparently Lara will be searching for her parents. No casting news yet.

I emailed Graham King of GK Films about Lara looking for her parents again!!

Graham King, you are an IDIOT!!

You said you want to reboot the Tomb Raider movie Franchise and yet, you don't know anything about the Character and the Game series the movies are based on.

Lara is going to look for her parents?

WHY?

It's been done to death already!

It's called TOMB RAIDER for a reason!

Have Lara explore some Tombs, not look for her parents!!

How unoriginal and repetitive too!!

a comments from the net:

"In search of her parents"? How awful, unoriginal and stupid is that? I mean, it's been done in the first Tomb Raider movie, it's been done in Tomb Raider: Legend, Tomb Raider: Anniversary and Tomb Raider: Underworld and every time they included something about her parents it has been cringeworthily cheesy. It doesn't fit Lara Croft's character and it doesn't fit the Tomb Raider franchise. Lara should be an explorer because she's an adrenaline junky who's got an interest in history, maybe also because she has to pay her bills but certainly NOT (!) because she's searching for long-lost archaeologist parents. I thought you wanted to REBOOT the TR movie franchise, NOT REMAKE the first movie. This idea is not only overused and unoriginal, it is also terribly cheesy and it's going to ruin the whole movie!

ALSO , CASTING ADVICE:

DO NOT CAST an actress because she is popular but can't act

NO TO:

Megan Fox

Kristen Stewart

Make sure the actress is British like

Gemma Arterton

I first suggested Angelina Jolie to play Lara Croft in 1999 on the EIDOS Tomb Raider forum when Eidos was looking at Catherine Zeta Jones

you should take my advice

have you even played any of the Tomb Raider games?

^ So true!!! I miss the days when Lara just kicked butt and raided tombs for pretty much no reason lol... between this and the next game I think they are losing who Lara is.

Bloody hell! I won't even bother with it if they're turning it into another "Lara searching for her parents" episode.

It looks like these directors and script writers just have no idea about what fans want.

Like Uncharted was going to be ruined by a horrible story and horrible casting (he wanted his buddy "Marky Mark" to play Drake) thank goodness that silly director backed out.

• 8 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Oh NOW I Have hope that the new TR movie won't be crap! I hope they cast the right actress too!

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/12/buffy-writer-takes-on-tomb-raider-reboot

This doesn't mean I now do approve of the Tomb Raider movie property in the hands of Graham King and GK Films.

Edited by J7Dadda