Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum

LARA CROFT ONLINE HOME PAGE

Windows 7, 64-bit?

chinese_bomb

Hi everyone, cool to meet You :rolleyes: I've skimmed the thread and I don't think I've stumbled upon my question anywhere (apologies if I've missed it).

Okay, so. Has anyone of You tried to run TR:U on Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit? I managed to install it on my PC no problem, but it lags incredibly the moment I launch the actual game. The graphics are neat but Lara's moves are strangely delayed and the sound crackles just awfully. Needless to say, it drives me to the point of a mental breakdown. I tried the compatibility mode of course (along with the XP mode), and I've looked for a solution here and there but nothing really came out of it, although apparently quite a number of people have a similar problem. One thing I learned for sure is that 64-bit systems tend to collide with some older games, but Legend and Anniversary work both just fine :(

Anyway, do You think it's possible that Eidos will release a patch for it or something? Eh, guess I'm getting a tiny bit desperate, but oh well, it never hurts to ask again ;)

Thanks for any reply in advance!

EDIT Oh crap, looks like I haven't noticed the Help Zone section :blush: Ouch much...? Sorry for that, please feel free to delete this topic or move it to where it should belong. Sorry once again, thankyou.

Edited by Lacky

Welcome Lacky! Posting here is fine :)

I have Underworld running fine on Windows 7 Home Premium x64 without any tweaking. Have you installed the Patch? This patch is only compapatible with the disc versions of the game, not downloadable versions such as the Steam version.

Have you also checked your hardware to make sure that you meet the system requirements, and are your graphics drivers up-to-date?

Thankyou for the quick reply, Shrensh, it's much appreciated. Wow, so there actually is a patch! This is so great, I'm downloading it this second and hopefully it's going to fix my glitch once and for all ;) thanks again for Your help!

Have you also checked your hardware to make sure that you meet the system requirements, and are your graphics drivers up-to-date?

Truth be told, I haven't really. I bought my pc less than a year ago and I guess I took it for granted that it should all work fine. Anyway, now that you mentioned that, I think I'm going to check it now, just to make sure, thanks!