Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum

LARA CROFT ONLINE HOME PAGE

Assassin's Creed III

Assassin's Creed III has been announced and is due for a worldwide release this year on October 31st.

The new Assassin is of half-English and half-native American decent, born into the Mohawk tribe, his birth name Ratohnhakéton, which I've read has the meaning of "He hunts it" when roughly translated. Instead of using his tribal name, he prefers to call himself Connor.

The game takes place during the mid and late 18th century, the American Revolution. So expect to see the battle on Bunker Hill, the Great Fire of New York, meet George Washington and more.

The first trailer was released today.

• 4 months later...

Yeaahh Assassin's Creed! Have you preordered it? I preordered mine, the Freedom edition. It's going to be sweeet!

The newest trailer, "Rise" (released 4th of July)

Lots of more videos on the Youtube channel of AC, http://www.youtube.c...ssassinscreedUK

Including gameplay trailers and even Frontier walkthrough!

Some of the cool new features:

- new animations/new moves - only the iconic moves have been saved!

- snow that isn't just white ground, but slows you/enemies down

- climbing in the trees (check out the trailers, the movement is soooo flowing)

- assassinating animals

- the voice of Connor is a half Blackfoot himself

- the Native Americans speak their native language when talking to each other, subtitles in English

- name meanings: "Connor" is a Gaelic name meaning "lover of hounds."/"Kenway" is an Old English name meaning "brave royal fighter."/ "Ratonhnhaké:ton" (pronounced Ra-doon-ha-kay-doon) means "his spirit lives" or "life scratcher" in Mohawk.

- fighting on an uneven ground

- more lively background characters

- (unkillable) children characters

- about 80% of the characters are real historical figures

- and surprise, surprise, lots of surprises and twist coming ahead!

MORE information on Connor

MORE cool facts by Kotaku

Edits: Had hard time adding video to this post, so I chose the easy way out and only linked it... :blush:

Edited by Lotus

Hey Lotus, welcome to the forums!

I've had my Freedom Edition ordered for months now! Always order early, lol. :lol:

I'm looking forward to ACIII, a new engine with improved mechanics, and moving onto a new character and time period.

As much as I loved Ezio's stories, it was time Ubi moved on with the series.

Thanks :) Yeah I agree to, pure love per Ezio but it's nice to move on : )

Also really excited about the two-handed combat and multiple enemies attacking simultaneously (of course, specially the part where you can block their attacks too). And my oh my finally assassinations on move!! It has bugged me sometimes in the previous games that if I kill someone (accidentally or not) the whole movement just stops. REALLY looking forward to new more fluent movement!

And of course the fact that Ratonhnhakéton is an ancestor of Desmond is interesting too. Caaan't wait for this game!!

Yeah, it may be a form of masochism, but for some reason I try to teach myself the native name... results not so good (yet!), but gotta keep on trying!

Just checked out once more the Freedom edition... sweet. It's hard to decide which are better, the in-game bonus content or all the stuff included! The Mayan pyramid sounds so good, and then again that Connor statue will look good in my shelf. Oh October, how I wait thee...

I always love to get a figurine with Collector's Editions, they look cool and they're great references, lol. :lol:

Ubisoft have released a gameplay walkthrough set in Boston, one of the games primary locations. It shows off some new and returning features.

Looking good!

Edited by Morph