Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum
Cliffy

A little bit confused....

Hi all, been a while since I've posted, but I've been lurking nonetheless!

Maybe somebody can shed some light for me as I'm a tad on the rusty side, lol. I recently bought TR 2013 on the PC as it was heavily discounted on Steam (Not that I wouldn't have ever bought it if it wasn't, but you know how it is!). Now I was under the impression that this took Lara back to her roots, and she was a fresh-faced, never held a gun or grappled a mountain, Lara? That being the case, and given Lara's younger age (not in her 40's!) I was kind of expecting the game to be set in the early to mid-nineties? I was therefore surprised to find some memos whilst exploring that were dated 2011...

This is what confused me, lol. Is this a whole new game, and not a prequel? Are we expected to have Lara start a fresh in 2013 and take it from there so as to freshen things up for 2014, 2015, 2016 and so on? I was expecting a prequel to TR1 if I'm honest...Maybe it's just OCD and I shouldn't be over-analysing things and just enjoying the game? What I can say though is that regardless of what this game is supposed to be, it's been nailed and is stunning to look at and play!

Thanks guys 'n Gals!

Thanks Tom! Hope you're well mate!

I did think that was probably the idea, after finding the memos, rather than an oversight (her radio is far too modern too !). I just wasn't expecting it!

I couldn't get into it as much as I thought I would. I'm going to try again once this semester is over. I guess sometimes I just prefered pixelized Lara :D