Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum

LARA CROFT ONLINE HOME PAGE

During "Mountain Descent" -- help! keep crashing into trees on PC version, no matter how I steer on left-right keys!!

Are any other players using PC (Windows 8) via Steam having very great difficulty getting through the Mountain Descent phase when Lara's parachuting through a tangled puzzle of trees!?  No matter how I press left-right keys on keyboard, she just keeps getting stabbed by branches and has to go weaving at high speed through this! Anyone have a "code" or detailed steps (or better yet, a way to skip over this frustrating scene!?

I have two ideas: One is to try turning down your graphics settings, even if it's just for QTEs and sequences like this where you need fairly precise button presses. It may help the computer recognize what you're doing and respond more quickly. If that fails, there are save files for all levels on my site at http://tombraiders.net/stella/savegame/TR9saves.html. The Mountan Descent level has only two files--one at the start and one after landing just outside Shantytown. Instructions are linked there, but if you have any questions I'm sure we can help you here.

Hi, Stellalune -- I tried the first (graphics settings) approach, but that didn't change anything, so I clicked on that link you showed me for "save files" --- when I try to use that link, I'm taken to "Winzip" to extract the file (but where does this file go in order to affect this part of the game?) I assume this link will take me past this parachuting episode and relocate me to the next "safe" level?!  Thanks again for your patience and help!

Hi again. The instructions for how to install saves are linked from the page with the downloads. Here's the direct link: 

http://tombraiders.net/stella/walks/TR9walk/savefiles.html

It's a lot of info, but the first part is just general stuff--what are save files, how do they work, etc.--so the actual instructions are in the numbered list below. If you have any questions, just give a shout. :)

Well, it happens that, finally, after a few more parachuting attempts, I landed (from the "frying pan into the fire" actually!)  So, the lesson learned is that persistence, practice and focus does bring the player forward in this game!  Still, good to know there are "shortcuts" and other ways to unravel the knots..................Enjoy game-playing and good luck to all!

• 1 year later...