KimberleyHare

Cut Scene with Nikolai and Grenade Launcher

7 posts in this topic

Please help, as this is driving me crazy!  I have watched countless videos and read countless walkthroughs.  Basically, I'm at the Solarii fortress, and the cut scene with Nikolai as you drop over the ledge and find the grenade launcher.  When I pick it up, I have no ammo.  Should I have picked up grenade launcher ammo earlier?  Anyway, even with ammo at 0, I'm still able to fire and I think I get Nikolai every time.  But then Lara dies.  Over and over.  I have done it quickly, I've done it slowly.  Nothing works so far.  Any ideas?

I read on another forum that regardless of the ammo reading zero the middle mouse button will fire ammo.

Thanks for that.  My problem is different though... I can fire at Nikolai successfully - it's just that Lara dies immediately each time ;-(  Appreciate you taking the trouble to reply.  

I recall I had Lara run and hide behind something and then i fired and gradually got him. 

Hi again - and thanks for your help.  You cannot run, hide or move or ANYTHING during this sequence - it's still part of the cutscene.  You can only fire the grenade launcher with the R1 on the PS4.   Bullet comes out of the gun, hits Nikolai, and then Lara dies.  

Hi Kimberly. Sorry for leaving you hanging. Just noticed this post. What Tom said normally works fine, but apparently some PC players experience a glitch here. According to this post on the Steam forum, pausing a moment before hitting middle mouse (or whatever button you've assigned to alternate fire) should help. http://steamcommunity.com/app/203160/discussions/0/846947320633204659/

I don't understand exactly why the QTEs are so temperamental, but you're not alone.