Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum
edisme

Rise of Tomb Raider

Mountain Peak, Laura swinging back and forth trying to attach ice axe.  Hits ice, but ice simply shatters.  What to do?

5 minutes ago, edisme said:

Mountain Peak, Laura swinging back and forth trying to attach ice axe.  Hits ice, but ice simply shatters.  What to do?

If it's the section shown here, the first couple times she swings toward the ice, she won't latch on even if you press Interact (X/E/Square) but once you get a little momentum and swing closer to the wall then press Interact, she should latch on with her axes. If that's not the spot, let me know and I'll see if I can figure it out.

ModRaider....thanx for response.

This is the spot.  Have been trying for days.  swing back and forth following light guide, press X on my X-box controller, but axe simply shatters the ice...no attempt on laura's part to use both axes?

That's bizarre. Maybe try restarting the game, since you're at the beginning anyway. I assume it's a bug, so maybe restarting will fix whatever caused it in the first place. If that doesn't work, and you're playing on PC, let me know. I will play to that point and then send you my save.

Thanks  Stellalune

Will give your fix a try.

Right next door to you in Michigan...think we share a Falls together. 

Great Day