Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum
Sign in to follow this  
johnboy412000

Advice please

I have recently been playing Rise of the Tomb Raider albeit running rather slow and jerky game play. When I got to the base camp after climbing the snowy mountain and selected to upgrade weapons the game crashed and a message popped up saying Rise of the Tomb raider has stopped working. My PC specs are 4GB DDR3, Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 3050 1.6Ghz. 

I realise I may need more memory etc adding to my machine. Can someone please advise on this and as to what I would need to do my machine in order to run this game smoothly and without any glitches. 

Tom@LCO    0

If you have a tower and not a laptop I'd get a 4 gig graphics card pci. However the Celeron CPU isn't helping you any. 

You really need at least an i5 . A good graphics card will take the heat off the cpu and speed things up a bit especially if your current one

is shared. Also if you turned off some bells and whistles it would run more smoothly.

10 hours ago, Tom@LCO said:

If you have a tower and not a laptop I'd get a 4 gig graphics card pci. However the Celeron CPU isn't helping you any. 

You really need at least an i5 . A good graphics card will take the heat off the cpu and speed things up a bit especially if your current one

is shared. Also if you turned off some bells and whistles it would run more smoothly.

Thank you for that info. I do know there is space for 1 more memory card up to 4GB. Not sure if it would support a bigger graphics card or not. 

Tom@LCO    0

If your current graphics card is part of the motherboard and you have a spare pci slot

when you put in the new card and you plug your monitor into the new card the old one will be disabled.

More ram and the card will make a difference. How much I'm not sure but it will be a big improvement.

Its ok. Have thought about it all and to upgrade everything would more than likely cost more than it would to buy a new computer. This one is only 9 months old so I guess I'll make do and just cant play this and any other new Tomb Raider games. Besides that I can't afford a new computer any way. Thanks for your help on this matter all the same its much appreciated :) 

Tom@LCO    0

Try lowering the settings on everything and see what happens. When you can afford it get the card and ram

from what I've seen your video ram appears shared and drags the game because it's sucking your 4 gigs of ram.

If you get the card the ram for your cpu will be free from the graphic drag of the shared card. Here is a reasonable 2 gig card.