Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum

LARA CROFT ONLINE HOME PAGE

Shooting lanterns

I'm at the spot where Lara has dragged Roth to a shelter and then needs to shoot some lanterns. I've shot the darn things with gun and arrows, but nothing happens. Plus..how in the heck do you get into the cleft by the waterfall? I got the GPS but she can't gt into the cleft.

I'd love to help but I'm not sure exactly where you are. In the Mountain Village level, where you first meet up with Roth and he asks you to go find his pack with the first aid supplies, there are no lanterns to shoot. One of the challenges involves lighting the burners in the laps of various stone statues. Later on, in the Mountain Temple level, there are lanterns to shoot, but an arrow should do the job for these.

And is this the waterfall you're talking about: [link to page with screenshots]?

If so, you can't really get into that area. There's nothing there that I know of.

Still not sure what you're trying to do with arrows and gun. If this is the Mountain Village, you light the burners with your torch. That is, find a lit lantern, stand next to it and hold Interact to light Lara's torch. Then move close to the statue and hold Interact to use your torch to light the burner. It's the same kind of sequence that you used to set piles of debris on fire in the earlier levels.

Okay, hate to admit it, but was in the wrong spot. Thought I was in the Temple, but am really in the village. I had to use a save game to get past the Russian (who else could survivor a gut shot?). Had a heck of a time getting the save game loaded, but thought I was doing it right! But hadn't. Spent hours going over every screen shot I could and then read all the walkthroughs and finally found out how stupid I had been. Thanks to all who tried to help me. :blink::ohmy2:

No problem at all. Just a reminder: you can also open the in-game map screen (Tab/Select/Start) to see where you are and the current goal. That will help you quickly find your place in the waltkhrough (at least my walkthrough references the goals), so that might be useful in the future.