Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum

LARA CROFT ONLINE HOME PAGE

Parachuting through the evergreens.

So this can be tricky just getting past where Lara gets swept away in the river is bad enough dodging and weaving and shooting out the barricades.

But wait until you parachuting through the evergreens.

The best way I found to weave through the trees is you actually have to wait until you pass the tree before turning.

At the end of the parachute sequence you start the Shantytown so if you find it too much [and yes you must try it a gazillion times OK OK I exaggerate only try it a trillion times :laugh2: ]

then I might be persuaded to send a save file that is at the end of the parachute sequence at the start of Shantytown.

The pic below makes a nice desktop for a widescreen.

S.

parachute001_zpsace3e83b.jpg

Edited by Stian

Thanks for the offfer Stian...i will hold you to that if i can't make it through. Actually, i thought i wouldn't make it through the bit after she blows up the fuel tanks then tries to get to the pilot...but after 6 or 7 tries i did it. :tongue2:

Oh the joy of doing it right :biggrin2:

Ok, i made it through the spiky rapids , and now trying this parachute weaving through the forest. Each try i do get one tree further ...lol but it is difficult but i'll keep trying. I amazed myself by actually getting the spiky rapdis done.

Any further tips anyone? :ohmy2:

How do you place a game save and where? I could do all the previous TR games but this has a different setup.

Edited by Lauren

Hey lauren.....I cannot make any progress in that forest......even after a trillion trys...
Where can we get a savegame ?

:woho:

Well you have asked Stian for a game save...or you could go to Stella's site and get one. Go here

You can also go here for more individual saved games with instructions how to insert them. Edited by Lauren

Well you have asked Stian for a game save...or you could go to Stella's site and get one. Go here

You can also go here for more individual saved games with instructions how to insert them.

Buizerd,

I have emailed the save game after the parachute, you should see an email from stianelder.

I do encourage you to keep trying the parachute sequence just pass the tree each time before turning.

Ok, i made it through the spiky rapids , and now trying this parachute weaving through the forest. Each try i do get one tree further ...lol but it is difficult but i'll keep trying. I amazed myself by actually getting the spiky rapdis done.

Any further tips anyone? :ohmy2:

How do you place a game save and where? I could do all the previous TR games but this has a different setup.

I can only encourage you to keep trying Lauren, "turn after passing the tree"; I found myself always seeing the turn, and turning before I passed the obstacle.

To save where you are:

Press Esc

Click "Change Save Slot"

That should allow you to save in between "Checkpoints"

Stian

Edited by Stian

Het Stian ,

Hey lauren

Finaly I managed to pass the trees...!! After another trillion trys.

Did not need save game...!

Thanks for support and sugestions.

Awesome, and I tell you what it will have brought you more satisfaction having done it yourself rather than having installed a save game :)

With respect using a saved game file that you downloaded or someone sends to you;

there is a wonderful page that Stella (one of the members here) has on her website

that guides you through the process if your on a windows PC.

http://tombraiders.net/stella/walks/TR8walk/savefiles.html

Say hi to Stella while your there and thank her for all the hard work she puts into

helping us all with our Tomb Raider experiences.

Yah Stella :woho:

With respect using a saved game file that you downloaded or someone sends to you;

there is a wonderful page that Stella (one of the members here) has on her website

that guides you through the process if your on a windows PC.

http://tombraiders.net/stella/walks/TR8walk/savefiles.html

Say hi to Stella while your there and thank her for all the hard work she puts into

helping us all with our Tomb Raider experiences.

Yah Stella :woho:

That link is for TR Underworld Stian so i have put the link for Tomb Raider 2013 saved games instructions below .

http://www.tombraiderhq.com/tr9-savedgames.php

And yes, I have always used Stell'a site for walkthroughs...she is brilliant. :smiley:

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for helping to spread the word. :)

I've been adding more saves as I work my way through the game a second time. Just posted version two for after the Mountain Descent, which has more salvage and upgrades done than my first save. That first set wasn't really meant for public consumption, but people kept asking for them so I put them up. Here are the links again:

TR 2013 saves and instructions.

• 2 months later...

So this can be tricky just getting past where Lara gets swept away in the river is bad enough dodging and weaving and shooting out the barricades.

But wait until you parachuting through the evergreens.

The best way I found to weave through the trees is you actually have to wait until you pass the tree before turning.

I found these instructions inconsistent with the game.

The truth is this is the part of the game where the bugs start (or at least the worst bugs). The reason people are not able to pass it is that if the level does not load properly, the controls lag and Lara Croft can't be controlled. Eventually, it loads properly and you can actually guide her through the trees. For me this was one attempt ouf of ten. One thing I will tell you, I didn't use that right thumb stick a single time. Now, this might not be for every revision of the game. There might be away to avoid the bug manifesting, but at least in the 360 version, the bug (as well as many others), is definitely there.

I'll REPEAT TO BE CLEAR. IF THE LEVEL DOES NOT LOAD PROPERLY YOU CANNOT CONTROL LARA CROFT THROUGH THE TREES AND SHE WILL DIE NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO. Eventually, it loads properly and you CAN CONTROL her, but otherwise the controls respond incorrectly. I found that after this, the game starts to have bugs. ESPECIALLY SHANTYTOWN, where I ran into a glitch that stopped my progress in the game completely. In fact there are MANY glitches that you can run into after the parachute level that will stop you in the game.

See the videos below for some of the many glitches in this game.

I have to tell you, this takes a bit of fun out of the game. I should have known as earlier in the game I found a bug where I walked through a wall and floated off out into space and died due to a clipping error (the second hidden tomb).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZZlHziNVD0

There are dozens of these glitches.

Edited by Majestic_Lizard