Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum

LARA CROFT ONLINE HOME PAGE

How you doing? How Far are you along? How you like it?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've gotten a bit further in the game:

Lara acquires a grenade launcher, this being after she rescues the Endurance crew and Sam

I think i may go and explore a bit before going on further in the game, i just hope i don't encounter any bugs that ruin my game.

Welcome to Jim! :D

Just found an icky skeleton, and I'm about to head back to the beach where my crew-mates are under attack. I think I'll leave that bit for tomorrow though,

I'm only at 29%. This game must be a lot bigger than I thought it would be. (10-15 hours my aunt Fannie!)

I'm at 88% complete now, and according to my Steam stats I've been playing for 19 hours. Don't know how far it is to the end now, but I must be getting pretty close. I've been spending a lot of time searching for relics, GPS caches and other assorted loot, but I think I'm going to hold off on the quick travelling until I've finished the game. I've seen a few reports now of people who have quick travelled and then been unable to get back to their previous location to continue the story.

Congradulations Tom. I'm new here and only about 20% into the game. Like everything I've seen so far. Wasn't really ready for the quick time cuts from this game, takes a little getting used to. Love the new site Stella. I'm playing on PS3 and just taking my time and trying to explore everything while playing the game. So far no problems to report. Will keep checking from time to time to see if any issues might come up the might concern the PS3 version. Happy to meet you all.

Just finished the game, with 96% completed :D

The only complaints I have are with the very large amount of quick time / scripted events at the start of the game, and only having three save slots. Otherwise, it was an excellent experience, and I'm definitely going to play through it again :lol:

If you want to know why I hated the quick-time events, have a look at this video from 09:55 to 13:15. That was my experience, except more so :angry2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Tvbr4kdeVEc#t=595s

Next time I go through that area I'm going to turn the graphics all the way down and see if that makes any difference, especially since I have an Nvidia card and Nvidia owners got really shafted with this release <_<

Did the wolf QTE again a bit earlier. First tried it with my normal graphics settings; the game ignored my key presses and Lara died. Then I turned the graphics all the way down, and got through it first time even though I wasn't doing anything different. So yeah, it was definitely lag from my graphics settings during the QTE that was causing my problems. I wish this competition between ATI and Nvidia would stop. I believe that ATI users have similar issues with games using PhysX, which was developed by Nvidia - these sort of things just spoil games unnecessarily.

I play my games mostly on a console now it's just simpler that way.

There are so many possibilities on a pc whereas a console is specific.

I love the graphics when they work properly on pc it's amazing but I love

using a game pad controller and not a keyboard. I started out on a ps one

so I guess that's why... Now I favor the 360 it's just a solid machine.

No internet for 2 days in the thick of Tomb Raider season! :( First some poor sod hit a tree in the snowstorm and took out the cable. Then when it came back on, I find my router had crapped out. Don't know if it was a power surge or just a coincidence, but you should have heard me cursing. ;) Anyway, I'm back now and heading into the final area with all the previous hubs at 100%. I think I'll finish this afternoon provided the last bits aren't too hard.

I enjoy playing on the Xbox too, but when the PC version is cooperating, it's just so much better for screenshots, video and walkthrough writing, since you can easily reload a save from just the section you need to examine. I could never do that on the Xbox. Moving save files is just too time consuming, and I can't afford an HD screen-cap rig.

P.S. Thanks for the compliment, PapaD! Glad you like the redesign. :D

Hey Stella! I'm glad you got your power back and a new router isn't a bad thing sometimes ;) I agree with you on the pc for saves and screens but I'm a console guy from way back when!

I pre-ordered the pc version from Game.co.uk and haven't gotten it yet :( Perhaps tomorrow. I want to hear how you like the ending lol. I see you finally got the HTML5 thing going you

sure are ambitious. Look great too and I'm sure you had fun doing it. ;)

Hey Stella! I'm glad you got your power back and a new router isn't a bad thing sometimes ;) I agree with you on the pc for saves and screens but I'm a console guy from way back when!

I pre-ordered the pc version from Game.co.uk and haven't gotten it yet :( Perhaps tomorrow. I want to hear how you like the ending lol. I see you finally got the HTML5 thing going you

sure are ambitious. Look great too and I'm sure you had fun doing it. ;)

Thanks, Tom. It's been an ordeal but I'm pretty pleased with the results. I'm still tweaking a few things, but some of that is just going to have to wait until after this walkthrough. ;)

Yeah... I started the game and was playing it and said to myself damn I don't envy Stella writing a walkthrough for this one lol!

I'm sure it will be the complete and fully dressed as usual and I look forward to reading it! I know I told you I was messing

with html5 I'm taking my time trying things and playing with design and all. I'm in no hurry because I'm happy with the flash site

and I want to keep both if I make an html5 site. At least you are thinking ahead for all devices which is smart.

Ohhh thanks for the link to the forum you are the best!

Yeah... I started the game and was playing it and said to myself damn I don't envy Stella writing a walkthrough for this one lol!

I'm sure it will be the complete and fully dressed as usual and I look forward to reading it! I know I told you I was messing

with html5 I'm taking my time trying things and playing with design and all. I'm in no hurry because I'm happy with the flash site

and I want to keep both if I make an html5 site. At least you are thinking ahead for all devices which is smart.

Ohhh thanks for the link to the forum you are the best!

You're welcome, but it's totally selfish on my part. If I can send them here, I'll be able to concentrate on writing. ;)

If you want to know why I hated the quick-time events, have a look at this video from 09:55 to 13:15. That was my experience, except more so :angry2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Tvbr4kdeVEc#t=595s

Next time I go through that area I'm going to turn the graphics all the way down and see if that makes any difference, especially since I have an Nvidia card and Nvidia owners got really shafted with this release <_<

For now, my pet peeve with QTE in the game is where Lara is swept downstream followed by the parachute event --- very frustrating as I did this many times over....--- but still luvin' the game!

Yeah, that river/parachute bit was the second most infuriating bit of the game for me after the wolf thing. It was a lot better on my second run through the game because I was actually prepared for it and knew what to do. Actually, my second run through the game has been a lot less frustrating in general because I now know how to get the QTEs to co-operate with me. Still think the game would have been better if it weren't constantly trying to yank control away from the player at the beginning <_<

i'm curious to know just how much more i have to go to finish the story, i'm at this point:

Climbed up to the research center and have to deal with more mercenaries to get out

Yeah, that river/parachute bit was the second most infuriating bit of the game for me after the wolf thing. ..... Still think the game would have been better if it weren't constantly trying to yank control away from the player at the beginning <_<

For your former point, It's places first for me; as for your latter point: QFT

Just started and already stuck at boulder with scavenger! Apparently, I'm not "mashing" correctly. Besides this, I'm blown away by the graphics of this game so far and lucky enough to be enjoying them on my new laptop with 17.3 high def/3D screen with NVidia GeForce GT 650M Graphics card - Yeah baby!! It's nice to be playing Tomb Raider again as it's been awhile. My favorite is still TR II though - that game was scary!