Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum

LARA CROFT ONLINE HOME PAGE

Tombraider 3 Group Play

Hey guys! It's Lukatombraider12 from Youtube and I'm Eldin's best friend and we call each other Medo! :D Ok, so I started playing TR3 with Eldin as well and I have completed the first level and I'll post some screenshots I took along the way. ;) Oooops, wait, they are too big! :o Oh, well, anyway, I enjoyed playing and I'll continue! :D

Edited by Lukatombraider12

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am done with first level. This level was always my favorite level, I am big fan of Jungle levels in Tomb Raider and I prefer exploration more than action. :)

This level is non linear and that is the one of the many things I like about TR3, this level somehow reminds me of Thailand in TRU, runs and tigers as well.

I love this view

post-23501-0-43075300-1342967053_thumb.j

One more thing, I prefer to play TR3 on gamma level 3, game looks realistic on gamma level 3 don't you think?

post-23501-0-25415800-1342967143_thumb.j

Yes, my statistics for this level, I know very long, but I was searching for all secrets and I didn't play TR3 very long, so yeah. :D

post-23501-0-69071600-1342967270_thumb.j

Edited by Eldinchy

Hi, everybody. It's great to see so many people joining the replay. :)

I'm still in Croft Manor but almost done getting all the screenshots I need so I can move on to India. Nothing exciting to report except that I've finally taken the suggestion sent in by about 10 people for getting into the treasure room. You probably already know this (yeah, I'm a little slow) but if you pull the switch, wait for it to pop up again, and then pull it once more, you can run to the treasure room door while it's still opening. Much easier than the roll, jump, sprint technique.

I'm also doing a racetrack key screenshot series and video, even though I usually just bypass the whole key sequence by using the corner bug to get up on the roof, dropping down onto the wall near the swimming pool, and then jumping over to the racetrack from there. So much simpler than all the button pressing and running. I guess I should include a short video for that as well. ;)

One more thing, I prefer to play TR3 on gamma level 3, game looks realistic on gamma level 3 don't you think?

Eldin, I think your monitor must be brighter than mine. When I play on 3, I can't see anything. I have to turn it up to 7 or 8 and then I still end up brightening the screenshots and video a little so people can see the details that might be hard to make out with more "natural" looking lighting. Do my screenshots look much too bright to you? Maybe I need to fix my settings.

Yeah, maybe looks realistic. I can see on the gamma level 3, but I just don't like how it looks because I always play on 10. :) It does look realistic when you shoot at someone and blood is red instead of pink, but however, I like it more on 10 because it brighter and the nature is more beautiful.

Welcome, Luka, it's so nice to have a TR friend fan, I never had one. Actually, I don't know anyone who is the big fan of TR games as I am, except my uncle, but he doesn't play it anymore because he has children and he gave up totally of computer games. :)

tomb3-2012-07-20-17-20-4.jpg

Level 5: Nevada Desert

Oh, I am bounded emotional with this level. :D Well, this is my favourite level of all TR3 levels and it’s the best remembered from my childhood (Am I boring with the childhood? xD). I am really emotionally bounded with TR3 and I just can’t not to say how I played it 11 years ago. :D

tomb3-2012-07-21-13-49-4.jpg

I remember that on the PlayStation version of the game (which I had 11 years ago), if you let the main menu with the music, it begin the demo with some levels. I always adored the music and first time I was surprised when it began the demo. I remember it was a part of the Nevada level where apears the first airplane. When it apeared and made that noise, I jumped from the TV and ran all across the room screaming of fear. Luckily, no-one heard me, but I was really scared. It sounds so funny when I’m remember that moment and I think this level was the mos remarkable level of all game for me. I remember that I didn’t have PS for a long time and that TR3 disc was very damaged. Then my father and uncle managed to fix it and I wanted the Nevada level. My uncle played it for me in my bedroom and I remember my hapiness at that moment. I think that was the last time I saw TR3 in my childhood. :)

tomb3-2012-07-21-13-42-5.jpgtomb3-2012-07-21-13-45-0.jpg

However, nowadays I adore this level, too. I like the begining and, of course, I like it because it’s an outside level. I like Lara’s new outfit which is the second I prefer in TR3 after the London one which is really the best. :D It’s really a joy getting from the green-brown color of India to this bright color of Nevada. I always knew that there is the first secret in the path which led to the area above the begining of the level. :D I always got scared when I played it as a child because I always got dead on those strikes. :D

tomb3-2012-07-21-13-50-3.jpgtomb3-2012-07-21-13-50-4.jpgtomb3-2012-07-21-13-53-1.jpg

The next part of the level is with the first airplane.

:D I got scared 5 years ago of the snake in that bush because there’s a music when you aproach to it. I noticed that there are a lot of pick-ups in this level, I don’t understand why since all that you lose on the next level. I never was keen on picking those pick-ups because I know that I’ll lose all of them.

tomb3-2012-07-21-13-54-0.jpgtomb3-2012-07-21-13-57-1.jpgtomb3-2012-07-21-14-09-5.jpg

The upcoming part of the level, after swimming is also wonderful. Those clifs and the waterfall down is just awesome. I remember that I always get lost on all those clifs because there are really all messed up. I know the way, and I always go to the right side and follow the path to the end where is a whole in which you can’t jump. I then go to the left side and go along to the waterfall. This is the first time that I figured out there is a way across the cliff (the third picture above) and you can grab on thos platform and then jump. This was always the hardest part of the level because I always jumped from the platform to the right side of the waterfall.

tomb3-2012-07-21-14-12-5.jpg

Anyway, the next part is awesome, too. I don’t figure out what’s the point of those workmen because they don’t have weapon. xD Always were funny for me.

tomb3-2012-07-21-14-18-2.jpgtomb3-2012-07-21-14-22-3.jpg

I always have problems with the water switches and I always die at least once except this time. I was surprised that I do all good. :D After pulling the switch and let the water, I pick up the detonator from that... Elevator? xD Then I returned to the part of the level where you need to detonate the bomb.

tomb3-2012-07-21-14-24-0.jpg

And, of course, this part of the level is my favourite. Ah, I adore it. I remember that I never knew how to pass because I never found the way which led to the pool with the switch which opens the door near the end of the level. I even tried to jump without the bike across the fence. :D

tomb3-2012-07-21-14-32-0.jpgtomb3-2012-07-21-14-33-1.jpg

However, I finished this part quickly this time and I adore the part where you go on the roof with the bike to pick up the card. The music is just awesome, ah, I’m in love with TR3! :D

tomb3-2012-07-21-14-35-5.jpgtomb3-2012-07-21-14-35-5.jpg

I love the cinematic at the end of the level, it’s sad, but surprising. :D I never taught Lara would fell from the bike, and that awful music when she fell. And... The next level, ah, the worst for me. -.-

PROGRESS:

tomb3-2012-07-21-14-36-3.jpg

Is anyone going to read all those mine long posts? Tell me if you won't, so that I write less, but I really like this game and I always have more and more to say about it. :D

Edited by Stefy

Stefy, I love your posts. Definitely post as long and as many screenshots as you want. I didn't reply in detail last time mostly because I'm trying to catch up. ;)

P.S. If anybody has a video (or wants to make one) showing how to get the quad bike out of the racetrack, I'd love to borrow it. I've never been able to do it except by hacking the game files.

Stefy, I love your posts. Definitely post as long and as many screenshots as you want. I didn't reply in detail last time mostly because I'm trying to catch up. wink.png

P.S. If anybody has a video (or wants to make one) showing how to get the quad bike out of the racetrack, I'd love to borrow it. I've never been able to do it except by hacking the game files.

OK, I hope you will read them when you'll have time. :) It's not about the screenshots, for some levels are really long, but that's because I really like this game. :D

I think that I read on your site that's only possible to get the quad bike without hacking only on PS version of the game because there is a way to accelerate the bike. I would post videos, too, of boss fights and some strategies I use, but I am not home and I have a slow connection where I am. :/ When I return home, I'll post some videos, too. :)

OK, I hope you will read them when you'll have time. It's not about the screenshots, for some levels are really long, but that's because I really like this game.

I think that I read on your site that's only possible to get the quad bike without hacking only on PS version of the game because there is a way to accelerate the bike. I would post videos, too, of boss fights and some strategies I use, but I am not home and I have a slow connection where I am. :/ When I return home, I'll post some videos, too.

I do read your posts and enjoy them. I'm subscribed to the thread and read everyone's posts, but I'm sorry I haven't responded to each player individually.

And, yes, that's what I heard about the quad bike moving more slowly in the PC version. I don't know if it's true, but I've been able to get it out of the track by driving. I may just be a bad driver. ;) Here's a new technique I haven't tried yet, but some of the comments say it works on PS1 but not on PC. I'm determined to do it someday, but I just don't want to bother with it now.

I do read your posts and enjoy them. I'm subscribed to the thread and read everyone's posts, but I'm sorry I haven't responded to each player individually.

And, yes, that's what I heard about the quad bike moving more slowly in the PC version. I don't know if it's true, but I've been able to get it out of the track by driving. I may just be a bad driver. wink.png Here's a new technique I haven't tried yet, but some of the comments say it works on PS1 but not on PC. I'm determined to do it someday, but I just don't want to bother with it now.

Nice, I'm glad to hear. I thought no-one reads it. :)

Back to the topic, I am a really bad bike driver, especially because of the controls of PC. xD I did this with the information on your site just because I wanted to wander around the house, but I never really tried to get the bike out of the racetrack in-game. :) Hope you'll manage it.

Level 6: High Security Compound

tomb3-2012-07-22-12-28-5.jpgtomb3-2012-07-22-12-30-3.jpg

I just hate this level, I don’t know why, but I just don’t have any joy in playing it. First of all because the enviroment really sucks for me, the whole level is filled with paths, computers etc. The second thing I don’t like is not having weapon, I always hated those levels in TR games.

tomb3-2012-07-22-12-33-1.jpgtomb3-2012-07-22-12-36-3.jpg

However, this is one of those level I have known for 11 years. :) I hated it as a four-year-old child and I hate it now. I hate when I have to open all the doors with the prisoners because they have really some bugs, they hardly kill the policemen. -.- They just go around him and he shoots at them, sometimes they die.

tomb3-2012-07-22-12-36-5.jpgtomb3-2012-07-22-12-37-4.jpg

I can’t pass this level without using medi-packs, I just can’t. I always lose energy after picking up pistols and that automatic gun shoots at me. After the prison, I hate the part where you have to pull the box across all room to get and pull the switch to fill the room with water, it’s really annoying.

tomb3-2012-07-22-15-15-3.jpgtomb3-2012-07-22-15-16-1.jpgtomb3-2012-07-22-15-20-0.jpg

The next part whit that antenna also sucks, I hate when I have to jump on the gray room on those triangle platforms. I always found interesting those rooms with the green wall. :D It really pisses me off those „forces“ in the water which pull you to the wall.

tomb3-2012-07-22-12-41-0.jpgtomb3-2012-07-22-12-41-1.jpgtomb3-2012-07-22-18-01-5.jpg

Always when I get to that kitchen, I get hungry. xD It’s really nice those soups which are on the cookers. :) It reminds me of a submarine kitchen in TR: Chronicles, since that TR game was the second which I had on PlayStation. :)

tomb3-2012-07-22-18-04-2.jpgtomb3-2012-07-22-18-04-2.jpgtomb3-2012-07-22-18-04-4.jpgtomb3-2012-07-22-18-06-2.jpgtomb3-2012-07-22-18-06-5.jpgtomb3-2012-07-22-18-10-2.jpgtomb3-2012-07-22-18-14-0.jpgtomb3-2012-07-22-18-14-2.jpg

The only interesting part of this level for me is the one after getting the pistols (RAID ON AGAIN!). It’s really awesome when you have to kill al those policemen and then open the door which lead to the truck to the end of the level.The room with the pick-ups where pistols are seems interesting for me. It’s like a prison room. Also seems strange to see pistols as a pick-up. xD I was kinda disapointed when they switched the Automatic pistols with this one, I liked them very much back in TR2.

tomb3-2012-07-22-18-16-2.jpg

I adore the cinematic at the end of the level, it’s somehow cool. The part where Lara drinks the coke is really awesome. :D I have no idea where are secrets in this level because I never really cared about, my only goal is to pass it as fast as I can. :D

PROGRESS:

tomb3-2012-07-22-18-16-3.jpg

Level 6: High Security Compound

tomb3-2012-07-22-12-28-5.jpgtomb3-2012-07-22-12-30-3.jpg

I just hate this level, I don’t know why, but I just don’t have any joy in playing it. First of all because the enviroment really sucks for me, the whole level is filled with paths, computers etc. The second thing I don’t like is not having weapon, I always hated those levels in TR games.

tomb3-2012-07-22-12-33-1.jpgtomb3-2012-07-22-12-36-3.jpg

However, this is one of those level I have known for 11 years. :) I hated it as a four-year-old child and I hate it now. I hate when I have to open all the doors with the prisoners because they have really some bugs, they hardly kill the policemen. -.- They just go around him and he shoots at them, sometimes they die.

tomb3-2012-07-22-12-36-5.jpgtomb3-2012-07-22-12-37-4.jpg

I can’t pass this level without using medi-packs, I just can’t. I always lose energy after picking up pistols and that automatic gun shoots at me. After the prison, I hate the part where you have to pull the box across all room to get and pull the switch to fill the room with water, it’s really annoying.

tomb3-2012-07-22-15-15-3.jpgtomb3-2012-07-22-15-16-1.jpgtomb3-2012-07-22-15-20-0.jpg

The next part whit that antenna also sucks, I hate when I have to jump on the gray room on those triangle platforms. I always found interesting those rooms with the green wall. :D It really pisses me off those „forces“ in the water which pull you to the wall.

tomb3-2012-07-22-12-41-0.jpgtomb3-2012-07-22-12-41-1.jpgtomb3-2012-07-22-18-01-5.jpg

Always when I get to that kitchen, I get hungry. xD It’s really nice those soups which are on the cookers. :) It reminds me of a submarine kitchen in TR: Chronicles, since that TR game was the second which I had on PlayStation. :)

tomb3-2012-07-22-18-04-2.jpgtomb3-2012-07-22-18-04-2.jpgtomb3-2012-07-22-18-04-4.jpgtomb3-2012-07-22-18-06-2.jpgtomb3-2012-07-22-18-06-5.jpgtomb3-2012-07-22-18-10-2.jpgtomb3-2012-07-22-18-14-0.jpgtomb3-2012-07-22-18-14-2.jpg

The only interesting part of this level for me is the one after getting the pistols (RAID ON AGAIN!). It’s really awesome when you have to kill al those policemen and then open the door which lead to the truck to the end of the level.The room with the pick-ups where pistols are seems interesting for me. It’s like a prison room. Also seems strange to see pistols as a pick-up. xD I was kinda disapointed when they switched the Automatic pistols with this one, I liked them very much back in TR2.

tomb3-2012-07-22-18-16-2.jpg

I adore the cinematic at the end of the level, it’s somehow cool. The part where Lara drinks the coke is really awesome. :D I have no idea where are secrets in this level because I never really cared about, my only goal is to pass it as fast as I can. :D

PROGRESS:

tomb3-2012-07-22-18-16-3.jpg

Nice pictures Stefy. I love coke scene as well, I somehow feel happy for Lara, because Nevada is so hot but I don't think that coke is cold, it was in that trunk and I bet it is very hot in there as well.

Thanks, I made lots of pictures, but I can't post all of them because there would be too much. I choose the best ones. :) I'm looking forward to reading yours and Luka's reviews of levels. ;)

I am done with Temple Ruins. Now, I know this is rude but for me this level was a pain in the ass :/

I really enjoy non linear levels, but this one is not for my taste. I like fighting statues with the sword, but its not so realistic when Lara needs golden swords and somehow they can fit her backpack.. WHAT?..

Anyway, Lara didn't find anything in that ruin? Tony was faster, or artifact was on a different location? Can someone tell me that?

Here are some pictures of Lara fighting with the statues

post-23501-0-10957900-1343073527_thumb.j

post-23501-0-64323500-1343073573_thumb.j

post-23501-0-43285700-1343073603_thumb.j

My statistics for this level

post-23501-0-61038000-1343073648_thumb.j

Yeah, Temple Ruins can really suck, especially if you are playing it for the first time and you don't know the whole level. I remember that I eas stucked several days because I couldn't find the switch beyond those boxes. :/

I'm stucked on Area 51, I made a bad savegame and I lose a lot of medi-packs on stupid things. -.-

Guys, Quote and Edit buttons doesn't work for me, I don't know why. :/ Anyway, I'll have to leave you for a couple of days (until Sunday).

I made again a bad savegame in the moment when Lara was fallin from a big high and everytime she dies, I can't even acces to her inventory. :@ I also don't have the last save on High Security Compound because I saved Area 51 over the compound. -.- I'm so mad because I have to play again that level and I'm not in the mood right now, so when I return home, I will do it quickly because it is much easier to play TR on computer than on laptop because I can save and load games pressing F5 and F6, and here it doesn't work those shortcuts which is the main reason of my bad saving. I'm sorry. :/

The River Ganges, one of the levels that I really like. Well the only annoying thing is shooting at birds, but I found this level quite enjoyable.

I was thinking about the challenge, before the end of the level, that glitch where you can get to the other side without bike, but I realize that I won't be able to back because I was unable to do that the last time.

Anyway I found this interesting, why is this here, is there a purpose for it?

post-23501-0-93611800-1343132352_thumb.j

And my statistics for this level

post-23501-0-30378200-1343132398_thumb.j

Hey guys! We have just finished Caves Of Caliya! Unfortunately, Eldin won't be able to post anything because of Internet problems until further notice! :( Anyway, this level was kinda annoying with these mazes but in the end I managed to find my way around fairly guickly! :D Had to reload several times on Tony fight because he set me on fire! :@ Well, I actually I enjoyed playing this level. :D We chose Nevada next! So, good luck guys and see you next time! ;)post-23502-0-75065400-1343141854_thumb.p

The River Ganges is for me a really easy level. I'm not a fan of finding all secrets, so I just ride the bike and follow the way to the end of the level. I have never tried the way through the ruins, I saw on Stella's site that there are two ways to pass the level. :D Anyway, riding bike is much more interesting than jumping from platform to platform. :)

Caves of Kaliya is a really easy level if you memorized the way from the first time you played. I didn't know the way because I haven't played the game for 2 years, so it took me very long.

I'm home now (finally)! I'll pass the High Security Compound tomorrow and post my review of Area 51. I'm so sad because no one posted here since my last post one week ago. :(

I don't know how long it's going to take me to complete this game. My classic TR skills are very rusty, but I'm still interested. No hard feelings toward those who've dropped out. I can't possibly expect everyone to hang around and play at my snail's pace. ;) But I'm happy to see a few of you have come back.

I posted a bunch of new screenshots and a couple of videos for the training level. Nothing major to report but I have finally added a few very old tips that several players sent in. For example, instead of doing the running jump and sprint through the timed door of the treasure room, pull the switch, wait, pull it again, and then run/sprint through as the door is opening. So simple...but too simple for me to figure out. lol ;)

Also, a few good spots to use the crawling corner bug to get into the racetrack without bothering to get the key. Those are shown at the end of this video (starting at 2:03):

@Stefy: I love your screenshots! Do you like playing with widescreen setting? I can't decide if I like regular or wide? Sometimes things look distorted/streched out with 16:9 aspect ratio, but your screens look fine. I guess I will continue with 4:3 since my earlier screenshots are all that way.

@Stefy/Mute2Conversations: The crystals are green in the PC game. Wonder why they changed that? Wonder why they even have them in the PC game since you don't use them to save. They work like a small medipak, restoring half Lara's health, which just seems unfair all around to PlayStation gamers.

post-2419-0-56364900-1344106734_thumb.jp

@Eldin: I guess you've moved on to TR4 now. I hope you'll still drop in and say hi sometimes. :)

Yeah, I like playing in 16:9 because my screen resolution is 1680x1050. I don't like playing in 4:3 because of the dark background on the rest of the screen, it just annoys me. It isn't very streched in my case, especially because the next screenshoots will be from my computer screen, not the laptop. The screen which I posted were from a smaller resoultion and on laptop is more streched than on computer. :) I'm so sorry I haven't posted yet the "Area 51" but I got so mad when I saved a bad savegame and had to play again "High Security Compound", it got me so boring and now I must play again "Area 51" because the bad savegame was nearly the final of level. However, expect posts from me, if no-one is going to play, the two of us works fine for me.

My Classic TR skills are fine, I never forget them, but I have more obligations than just play game. :) TR is actually the only game I played for the last 2 years, and when I was younger I played much more because I hadn't internet. However, I'll post soon.

P.S. Sorry for bad English, I don't have inspiration to write all correct at the moment. xD

Just finished TR1 (PC version, played on a Windows XP partition on a Macbook Pro). Have already finished TR2 earlier so will be starting TR3. I tried TR3 a few months ago on a PS2 but the graphics on a modern TV made it hard to see items on the ground. So I'm going to have a go on my laptop. Stella suggested I join this forum. Be nice. Unless I'm boring. Then . . . whatever.