Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum

LARA CROFT ONLINE HOME PAGE

Using PC, Stuck at Fighting Russian

I avoided detection until the Russian found her. I'm frustrated and board trying to figure out what this game wants from me. I'm tired of the constant iterations because the game is unlcear what needs to be done next.

OK, he finds her. I press "F" twice to ward him off.

She knocks him down, her hands become free,

I shoot him in the stomach

then what? I keep hitting the left and right arrows one at a time,

Then this icon of a red hand shows and he kills her.

Then it go back and do the same crap all over again.

Remember, have a keyboard.

What am I supposed to do ?

- - - - - - - NEVER MIND, GOT IT !!!!!! - - - - - - - - - -

Edited by HyperTension

You're on the right track. Basically it's all about timing. Watch for the on-screen prompts and press the buttons just as the icons appear. First Melee (F on the keyboard) to kick the guy in the crotch. Then Melee again to bite him. If you fail in either of these, he chokes Lara. If you succeed, she manages to knock his gun away and scramble after it, freeing her hands in the process.
When you see the targeting reticule on screen, aim at him with the mouse or right stick and press Fire (left mouse button). Next, follow the prompts and alternate pressing Left and Right to break free. (If A/S don't work try the left and right arrow keys--and vice versa--some players seem to have better luck with one, some the other.) For the next button prompt, tap Interact (E) repeatedly as Lara struggles to keep her grip on the gun, then Fire again to finish him off. If you fail, he shoots Lara and you have to try again.
Good luck!

• 6 months later...

Is there any cheat to kill this guy? You would think a gunshot to the stomach would slow him down! I'm playing on a PC plus I have RA so quick keying is out of the question. I've been trying for t hree days now... :blink: :angry2: :undecided:

Edited by troublewolf54

No cheats, per se, but you're welcome to download a save file from my site to get past this section. The downloads are at http://tombraiders.net/stella/savegame/TR9saves.html and instructions for installing them are linked from that page.

If you download the saves for Mountain Temple then open the zip file, you'll see several sub-folders inside, each names for the location where that save was made.

Hope that helps. Good luck!

• 7 years later...
On 11/15/2013 at 9:04 AM, Stellalune said:

No cheats, per se, but you're welcome to download a save file from my site to get past this section. The downloads are at http://tombraiders.net/stella/savegame/TR9saves.html and instructions for installing them are linked from that page.

If you download the saves for Mountain Temple then open the zip file, you'll see several sub-folders inside, each names for the location where that save was made.

Hope that helps. Good luck!

Thank you!!!