Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum

LARA CROFT ONLINE HOME PAGE

Stuck at Endurance Against Well Armored Giant

damn this is frustrating....been stuck here at 47% for 3 days now.No matter whether I use

my mouse/keyboard or game controller after I get this big guy in a vulnerable position and

rush into kill,I hit F or in gamepad Y and no matter how fast or slow I try going to the next

F or Y the giant always right away grabs Lara by the throat and and tosses her away...this

has gone on for the better part of 6 hrs and I'm about to toss the game in the garbage!!

anyone have any ideas how to get past this thing...what the heck am I doing wrong???

this is hurting my brain...arghhhh!!!

thanks....but that's what I've been doing. easily kill the 2 guys with my bow and

run from giant & hit and run till he's vulnerable but no pace seems to work for

attacking. one Y hit and before the red circle completes he's got me by the

throat and tosses me....and if I hit Y too early nothing happens. This is the

508th time I've tried....grrr....but thanks for the input....maybe it's a flaw in my

game or play style :(

yeah it took me several times fighting that giant to realize i was doing something wrong. Wish i had used a gun to shoot him in the head instead of my bow and arrows to blind him. However i liked what Lara said to that big guy "I'll show you what a little rat can do!!"

Thanks for the tips I spent 3 hours running him around with only a shotgun and pistol, everytime I thought I had him I'd run out of ammo. I checked here and restarted the game which reset my weapons and defeted him in 3 tries. On a different note I think Laura needs to slap that chick fixing the boat around a bit and remind her that she'd be at the bottom of a firey pit if not for Laura risking her neck.

• 1 month later...

Gentlemen,

I've been stuck here for 2 days and I'm playing it in the easy setting! Ya, right! Hate to see the hard setting. First my system is a liquid cooled Intel Quad Core i7-875k 4GHZ with 14 GB on the motherboard, EVGA GetForce GTX 580 4GHZ video card with 1536MB DDR5 memory, ASUS MS 238H 23 inch 1080i HDV Monitor, and a Logitech wireless opitical trackball M570 mouse.

I'm at 80% in the game and been stuck fighting against the monster for two days. After reading this post and viewing the video above many times even at the slowest speed, I tried again. I just finished another 2 hour non stop battle against the giant to no avail. I just at the last second trying to make the second blow the the axe when I'm garbed and thrown away. When I run out of amo I run around the edge of the boat and colledt more and it just keeps going with not kill. Getting very tired.

Unfortunately I've been saving in the same slot, so there is no way to reset the game without restarting all over from the beginning. I'm about to give up and go back and play Alice Madness Returns. At least in that game I'm able to resolve hard, stuborn situtations and progress on. Sure could use some help.

Make sure you aren't pressing the melee key too soon - wait for the rings to converge and the exclamation mark to appear, and then press melee once. If you need to reset the game, there's a "Last Campsite" save option in the load game menu that'll send Lara back to the last campsite you used.

Hi Shrensh

Thank you so very much. Went back into the game and wone the battle in just over a minute. Boy what a difference! Again thank you. Though I'm 67 I'm into these kind of games for a very long time. Back in the Commadore 64 days I had The Bard's Tale, have just finish the new verison for PC's. Also have and completed the complete Myst series, Myst, Riven, URU, End of Ages, realy enjoyed them and the puzzle solving. Also I completed Avatar and am about 70% through Alice Madness Returns. However I've been playing Tomb Raider since it first came out, got each new game as it was released. Some came quicker than my ability and time allowed me to complete the earlier game. Loved how Laura grew and how the graphics improved along with the game play. Became really attached to the game and Laura. This latest installment of Tomb Raider is my favorate of them all and of the Tomb Raider series. Sure hope this is a sign of more and greater Tomb Raiders games to come. Anyway what a different a little information makes. Thank you.

Harby46

I'm using the PC and I'm fed up with this thing: it appears that the game wants you to do a specific set of actions in order to kill the guy. because I'm seeing the game give me false signals. If I shoot without ducking a blow, and then strike him, the game prompts me to hit "F" again to strike him again. However, the game will ignore my attempts and allow him to grab me by the throat. So I managed to shoot, duck and strike, and then strike again, but the third strike is denied me because I didn't do the expected sequence. So now it's only about figuring out the proper keystrokes and timing. Which -to me- takes away from the game because we should have alternative moves to kill the guy. Like I said, I'm frustrated because it's more than two days and I can't get past this part and it's not fun anymore. So at this point game over for me, cause that video doesn't help. What's needed is the exact (PC) key sequence required in order to get past this programming glitch. I'm truly exhausted and bored of the same sequence over and over and over. Geesh, just read the above conversation of someone who appears just like me. Heck, I'm 56, ten years younger than the person above. Well if harby can do it, maybe I can too. Got it !!! I was confused by that exclamation point and shrinking circle. I WAS pressing melee too soon. It made it appear that the giant was responding earlier before I could react. Until I read the thing about the circle, I was pressing melee as soon as I saw the exclamation point. I sill consider it a bad programming decision, because if it wasn't for this forum I would have deleted the game out of frustration.

Edited by HyperTension

Hi HyperTension,

Don't give up and don't get too frustrated. Sometimes you need to walk away from it for a while or a day or two, let your fingers uncramp, let your mind settle down and let your keyboard recover. Don't want to solve it too soon as then it's over. As far as doing a specific set of actions in order to accomplish a task, I have all the Tomb Raider game from the first when it came out and have purchased each additional one as it was released, and they all are the same in that aspect. Weather killing an opponent or trying to collect an object as the floor collasps under you it's the same. That seems to be part of the Tomb Raider mystiquit and challenge. Good thing Laura has so many lives. As far as Tomb Raider 2013, sadly I finished the game gone back to the different areas to pickup the things I've missed except unable to fine one nest full of eggs and one of the others poster. Thinking about starting over new again, but, then the fun is out of it as I know what to expect and what will happened before it does and know the mystery. Enjoy the game as you go and take pride in your accomplishments. I will leave you with this, without giving away too much, This battle at Endurance against a giant is prepairing you for two of the final battles at the end with a bit of a twist. Hang in there and good luck. Once it's over, it's over. Nice ending though.

Harby46

• 2 weeks later...

2 days??? I've been going at this for about 5 weeks and am also about to chuck it all in the bin. I have tried every key combination on keyboard and x box controller at all different speeds etc. and still getting nowhere. What with this plus enemy after enemy you have to defeat and not to mention stupid Steam, after about 14 years it's time to find a new hero. Bring back the old Lara.

Edit: Sorry, this is not at Endurance but at Chasm Ziggurat - but the above still applies.

Edited by JimTheMuso

Hi JimTheMuso,

Don't give up, hang in there. I'm not sure just where you at, at Chasm Ziggurat, however, according to your comment, I think you are just across the wooden bridge when the enimies armies are attcking you. If so try this: on the first try look for a defensible area to use on other tries. Back to the wall, back to a corrner, in an area with only one entrance. Stay away from the globs that explode - use them against the enemy. I've noticed a lot of shotgun shell laying around, thus, I think they think you should use a shotgun. For me I needed to keep the enemy a bay further away from me, so I used the machine-gun in short burst to the head. First burst takes off the helmet, second burst kills. Kill anyone on a higher vantage point than you first or they will take you out. Hopefully you have found a spot where the enemy must funnel in to get to you where you can take them out as they come. Once you thinned them out some get across the fallen piller and take care of the rest of the enimies there. That should take care of that. On to the next quest.

If you are talking about the battle againt the giant and Mathias, then, the giant is taken care of the same as the giant at Endurance, just make sure to keep killing the enemy that keep climbing up to help the giant. Mathias is a different story, see the post "I Cant Finish The Game" on how to take care of Mathias. One differentance for me on a PC, when the time was right I had to hold the "E" key down rather than tapping it.

Hope this helps. I have all the Tomb Raider games and have played them all. I find this the most challenging, rewarding, and fun. I hope this game is a hint of greater things to come for Tomb Raider, and look forward to the next installment.

Good luck

Edited by harby46

• 8 months later...

I'm 65 :mellow: . I'm not sure if this is the right place for my post... I'm stuck at Chasm Ziggurat (running on PS3).

I'm 100% on all of the levels and 98% of the game completed. I have all of the weapons upgrades and I think I have all of the skills.

I've killed that huge armored dude about a dozen times now, but the game doesn't go to the next scene. The storm keeps blowing, the fires keep burning and the only place to go is over the cliff.

I've killed him with the shotgun, with the pistol, with the rifle, and I'm pretty sure that I've killed him with the axe. He's died laying down, he's even died standing up, and once his arms even fell off.

I've killed him with his helmet on (somehow), and I thought that might be the problem, but I've since killed him with it off and the problem is the same.

I usually don't read walkthroughs (until after I've finished), but for this level I've read Stella's where she talked about killing him with the axe and having the axe get stuck temporarily in his head. I think I've killed him with the axe, but I haven't had it become embedded in his skull.

There seems to be a problem when it shows the green (melee/finisher) triangle. Usually when I see it and press the (melee/finisher) button, he just swats me away. Maybe it's a timing thing, but I have tried it a lot of times now.

Like someone said earlier, this isn't fun anymore. Up until now, the game has been challenging but not impossible.

There are only 3 save slots and two of them open to the middle of the scene with the big boss and the archers attacking. I have one slot that saved earlier. I'll try that next, but I'm afraid that if I get stuck with that one too, I'll need to start from the beginning.

So, any advice would be welcome.

Thanks for the video.

I watched it up to where the stairs become open. I don't see that I'm doing anything wrong unless it's my timing on hitting the melee button.

It seems weird that I can kill the big guy a different way but the stairs don't open and I can't move on.

If planting the axe in his skull it the trigger to killing him and then progressing in the game, I shouldn't be able to kill him any other way. I think it's a glitch.

Maybe the glitch is just on the PS3 version.

I'll try it a few more times and concentrate on the timing.

It's frustating to get this far and then run into problems.

• 6 years later...
On 5/9/2013 at 1:56 PM, Shrensh said:

Make sure you aren't pressing the melee key too soon - wait for the rings to converge and the exclamation mark to appear, and then press melee once. If you need to reset the game, there's a "Last Campsite" save option in the load game menu that'll send Lara back to the last campsite you used.

Thank you soooo much!! I've been trying to kill the son of a bitch for like 3 days now and just couldn't! That saved me. I was going mad!