Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum

LARA CROFT ONLINE HOME PAGE

How you doing? How Far are you along? How you like it?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am looking for the pilot of the crashed plane, and taking time out of my busy schedule to steal some bird eggs.

Absolutely loving the game so far, apart from the incredibly annoying quick time events. I don't like quick time events usually, but I'm finding the ones in this game even more irritating than usual because it's not always clear what I'm supposed to be doing. I failed one QTE in particular (involving a wolf) over and over, because apparently Crystal Dynamics and I have a different understanding of the word "mash"... I'm also a bit irritated that we can't manually save and then reload previous saves, because it seems like I won't be able to go and replay a specific part of the story if I want to. I really dislike it when games do that.

But... I've played about 5 hours so far, and don't want to put it down either. I'm loving exploring all the different areas and collecting loot, and I'm enjoying that the combat is a bit more strategic compared to the previous TR games. I'm busy trying to get the 50 headshots achievement, but I suck at aiming so I probably won't be very successful :lol:

I'm at the part where Lara finds medical supplies to heal her wounds, she finds a lighter and she can now shoot fire arrows

I'm really enjoying this game. I played right after i got home from Gamestop, played for about 3 hours. Took a break for dinner and played again until NCIS came on,

I think i could pull off the 50 headshots, I'm deadly accurate with the bow and arrow

I am currently stuck at the part where Lara is falling down a "waterslide" type thing where no matter which direction I go I get speared in the head. Am I missing something or?....I am so frustrated, I had to turn it off.

Side note, I LOVE this game so far.

I've just passed that bit, and I also had to turn it off for a while or I might have shoved my keyboard through my monitor. No advice unfortunately except keep trying, and try to look out for the spikes as much as you can (which isn't easy). I love this game, but the quicktime events and scripted sequences are driving me round the bend. I hate it when games take control away from me.

I haven't played since last night, so I forgot what the part is called. But I've just discovered the Resident Evil style monsters and got the shotgun and I'm on the next level after that.

This really is beyond what I was expecting it to be. :D I really hope it sales so we can get a sequel, the reviews have been great.

My favorite weapon so far is the bow. :P

Just had a helicopter crash with tragic consequences

58% done. Had to quit out a bit earlier because the graphics decided to pitch a fit in the middle of a rather intense battle (disappearing objects and multicoloured lines across the screen), then it did this when I went to the menu:

post-7-0-48035600-1362604880_thumb.jpg

It was all fine when I quit out and then restarted the game, but not the best thing to happen when I'm trying to murder people :blink: Apparently the game is giving problems for people with Nvidia graphics cards because CD gave them the game code too late for them to do anything useful with it.

Um I have found a major bug. I'm in Shattytown. I'm trying to go up a rope as a guy is trying to cut it down and another shooting fire arrows at me. Well after the cutscene, I climb to the other side but I can't drop down. I think the guy is supposed to actually cut the rope but it doesn't happen. I reload to a checkpoint and it's the same thing. Ugh.

I'm at

. When I reload from a checkpoint, the men are already there (and you can't kill them).

Just had a helicopter crash with tragic consequences

58% done. Had to quit out a bit earlier because the graphics decided to pitch a fit in the middle of a rather intense battle (disappearing objects and multicoloured lines across the screen), then it did this when I went to the menu:

attachicon.gif2013-03-06_00011.jpg

It was all fine when I quit out and then restarted the game, but not the best thing to happen when I'm trying to murder people :blink: Apparently the game is giving problems for people with Nvidia graphics cards because CD gave them the game code too late for them to do anything useful with it.

Lara....Laaaaraaaa....come toward the light! ;)

Wow! You guys are zipping along. I feel so slow. :blush:

I'm just past the part where you have to retrieve Roth's pack.

To my credit, I've found everything in the previous areas so far, but it's taken a while. Overall impressions are that (1) I suck at combat and I'm dreading the coming fights some of you have mentioned, and (2) this game sure is gorgeous!

My son is way ahead of me already, so I've been able to sneak a few peeks over his shoulder at some of the areas to come. Looking forward.... :D

Edited by Stellalune
accidentally double posted; edited to combine

I'm now back on the Endurance looking for Alex

79% of the game completed. Thoroughly enjoying it at the moment :D

Wow! You guys are zipping along. I feel so slow. :blush:

I'm only as far as I am in the game because I've got a few days off work and the weather is lousy so I'm staying at home :lol:

... I'm also a bit irritated that we can't manually save and then reload previous saves, because it seems like I won't be able to go and replay a specific part of the story if I want to. I really dislike it when games do that.

I take this back; there is a way to manually save and switch save slots. It's under "Change save slot" in the menu instead of "Save Game", which is why I missed it. Only three save slots though, which is still annoying but I can live with that.

I take this back; there is a way to manually save and switch save slots. It's under "Change save slot" in the menu instead of "Save Game", which is why I missed it. Only three save slots though, which is still annoying but I can live with that.

I've been going into the Steam users file and copying the three saves into a separate folder for backup every so often. I try to at least keep a save at the beginning of each new area. On my Windows 7 system, it's

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\xxxxxx\203160\remote

(where xxxxx is a number representing my Steam account and 203160 is some code for Tomb Raider). My son and I both have Steam user profiles on both our PCs, so there's a numbered folder for each of us with separate folders for game data inside. It's probably similar on Vista and Win 8.

I've been going into the Steam users file and copying the three saves into a separate folder for backup every so often. I try to at least keep a save at the beginning of each new area. On my Windows 7 system, it's

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\xxxxxx\203160\remote

(where xxxxx is a number representing my Steam account and 203160 is some code for Tomb Raider). My son and I both have Steam user profiles on both our PCs, so there's a numbered folder for each of us with separate folders for game data inside. It's probably similar on Vista and Win 8.

Thanks! I was wondering where the save files were kept. I'm going to start copying the files out as backups too, as I've seen a few people with game-stopping bugs and I'd rather not have to re-do hours of game time if I encounter one.

Excellent !!! Like the new look Stella !!! I guess I'm starting over... that's OK - Info for players:

I just borrowed an Xbox controller for windows, and it’s much better than the keyboard
/ mouse. Many of the cues, and menu options are directly tied to the Xbox buttons.
Unfortunately, I don’t think any other controller will work – my Nostromo N45
didn’t. Even the Xbox buttons are pre-mapped, and can’t be changed, but it made
a huge difference in control (double tapping the aim button for auto-aim didn’t
work for me on the keyboard, but it does with the controller).

Edited by JunoJim

Hey, Jim. Great to see you here! :D Everybody welcome, Jim. He's a loyal raider from way back, just like most of you.

FWIW, I've been using an Xbox 360 controller on the PC since Legend or maybe Anniversary--can't remember--and highly recommend. One caveat: I got a cheapie version from GameStop with their branding on it, and it's not plug-and-play with the computer like the Microsoft brand ones are. Can't imagine why, but I figured I'd mention it. Learned that one the hard way. ;)

I've only just come down from the radio tower and survived the subsequent QTE.

I'm only at 29%. This game must be a lot bigger than I thought it would be. (10-15 hours my aunt Fannie!) In any case, the snow is falling, I've got groceries laid in and there's no reason not to play well into the night. :D