Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum

LARA CROFT ONLINE HOME PAGE

Why is the language on the options screen not in English ?

I have just begon to play tombraider 2013 and at a certain point the hint tells me this: "pres [MAJ] to drop"

So I wondereded, what the hell is a MAJ ???

Than I opened the options screen and went to configure the keyboard.

Turns out that the names of the keys are in French !

It shows keys like HAUT, DROIT, ECHAPE, MAJ, and so on...

Since I do not speak any french I am at a loss here.

How can I get the key names to English ?

I remember the same problem in some earlier versions of TombRaider, maybe the game thinks it is intelligent and tries to detect my language somehow ?

I live in Belgium, which is a bi-langual country, the majority speaks dutch (as do I) and the second language is indeed French.

Because I remembered this problem from a previous tombraider, I got my copy in another country, the Netherlands, which has only on language, dutch.

I hoped that this copy would than not have the French syndrom, but apparently it does.

So, my question is, how to I teach the game to use Englsh (or dutch) ?

Hi, Guido. Welcome to the forum! :D

I don't know why your game chose French as the default language, but I can tell you how to change it:

Open your Steam Library, right-click on Tomb Raider in the list of games, and choose "Properties." Then in the pop-up window, click the "Language" tab. That will give you a list of languages you can choose from. Pick the one you want and then click Close. The game should then download and install the correct language pack. So you need to be connected to the Internet with Steam in Online mode in order for it to work.

I hope that helps. Good luck and raid on! :)

Thanks for your answer,

but I have a rather stupid question about it.

What is a Steam Library and how to open it ?

After installing the game all I have in windows is TombRaider and Uninstall Tombraider

In the game itself I also do not see anything that looks like a "steam library"

Did you not purchase and activate the game through Steam? If so, you need to open the Steam client program and you'll then see the Library link at the top. If there's another way to install and run the game, I'm not aware of it. Maybe contact Square Enix Support if it's a different verison. http://support.eu.square-enix.com/index.php

Here in the US, there is no boxed version, only download. I thought the other DVD versions required Steam activation, but I guess I was wrong about that. Support should be able to help.

If you have time, please let me know how it works out in case anyone else contacts me with the same problem.