Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum

LARA CROFT ONLINE HOME PAGE

PC Patch Released Today!

A patch for the PC version of the game was released this morning, and I noticed the difference right away (namely that effects such as lens flares and water droplets on the screen now work in full screen mode).

Announcement from Nixxes

Patch notes:

• Addressed some stability and startup issues on machines that have both Intel and NVIDIA graphics hardware.
  • Fix for players being unable to progress related to the boat in the beach area.
  • Some fixes for crashes on startup and when selecting Options.
  • Some small improvements to TressFX hair rendering.
  • Fixes for various graphics glitches, including certain effects not being visible in fullscreen mode.
  • Fixed a problem that caused some users to not be able to use exclusive fullscreen.
  • Added support for separate mouse/gamepad inversion for aiming, as well as support for x-axis inversion.
  • Fixes related to the benchmark scene and benchmark mode.
  • Various other small fixes.
They've also added the ability to opt into a beta form of the game (Build716.5) which is unpatched in case people have trouble with the patch, although you'll only be able to multiplayer with people on the same version of the game as you.

Another PC patch has just been released!

Announcement from Nixxes

Notes:

• Addressed an issue in Shipwreck Beach where the mast on the wooden ship was occasionally missing depending on the players path.
  • Fixed a gating issue in Research Bunker where the elevator would get stuck in an unintended state.
  • Multiplayer Connectivity: An issue related to security certificates that stopped many users from connection to Square Enix servers was resolved.
  • Multiplayer Connectivity: Improved messages when you are unable to connect with Square Enix servers.
  • Voice Chat: New Push-To-Talk feature, by default mapped to F1.
  • Voice Chat: New voice-chat volume option.
  • Voice Chat: Improved overall quality of voice-chat.
  • Fixes for crashes on startup in specific situations when no audio output is available.
  • Fixes for various reported crashes during both single-player and multi-player.
  • Movies are showing up again when using SSAA.
  • Cost of TressFX reduced, especially in combination with SSAA.
  • TressFX memory usage reduced for AMD Eyefinity and NVIDIA Surround setups.
  • TressFX simulation and graphical quality improvements.
  • New Ultra-quality shadow mode for contact hardening shadows. This is not enabled by default in any quality profile, but can be enabled from the advanced settings.
  • Improvements to fullscreen/windowed switching and multiple display handling.
  • Various UI improvements.

Same here :) The bugs in this release reminded me of why I rarely pre-order games, but Square Enix and Nixxes have been quick to respond so I'm happy :lol:

And after this patch I can now connect to the Square Enix servers, which I hadn't been able to do before. Not that I was fussed, I haven't felt any motivation to try the multiplayer yet...

Nvidia will also be releasing some new drivers soon that should improve the performance of the game, so keep your an eye on the Nvidia driver downloads if you're an Nvidia user.

• 2 weeks later...

Another PC patch went live today!

Announcement from Nixxes

• Upgraded the save slots from three to 99
• Introduced “Last Campsite Save”, which automatically saves your progress up to the last campsite you have visited
• Added stereoscopic 3D reticle
• Fixed issues with the discovery of the Unworthy campsite.
• Fixed a problem that occurred when traveling back to the Sacred Hall Basecamp after that story has been completed
• Fixed a playthrough stopper in Chasm Bridge
• Fixed a playthrough stopper that could occur when loading a saved game created in the Coastal Forest after upgrading the axe but before opening the gate
• The active selection in the main menu no longer changes due to the rotation of the menu itself
• Fixed Mouse and Aim Sensitivity slider settings getting rounded to coarser values on save
• Fixed a crash in multiplayer that could occur while migrating hosts
• Added functionality to activate and deactivate DLC multiplayer maps during matchmaking. Maps can also be manually activated and deactivated in the new ‘Match Making’ menu in the ‘Options’ menu.
• (DX11) Fixed a few self-shadowing artifacts in the beach
• (DX11) Various performance optimizations
• (DX11) Improved sunlight shadow quality
• (DX11) Lens flares now render correctly in stereoscopic 3D
• (DX11) Improved exclusive fullscreen <-> windowed transitions
• (DX11) Fixed occasional crash on startup related to stereoscopic detection

I'm very happy that they've added extra save slots :biggrin2:

Yay, 99 save slots....erm i still only got 3 save slots. Ok , i figured it out, when you choose new save slot you get tthe 4th one ...lol

But i don't seem to to be able to get rope when i fire at rope thing any more.

Edited by Lauren

Yay, 99 save slots....erm i still only got 3 save slots. Ok , i figured it out, when you choose new save slot you get tthe 4th one ...lol

But i don't seem to to be able to get rope when i fire at rope thing any more.

If your using a PC to play remember to fire rope arrow it's the mouse wheel you press to fire, and knot the left button.

Another PC patch has been released, which fixes the game-stopping bug in the Chasm Monastery, and also adds the ability to disable camera effects like water droplets.

http://store.steampowered.com/news/10289/

Patch notes:

• Fixed an issue in ”Chasm Monastery” where the player cannot progress after fighting the Oni.
  • New community requested graphics option ‘Screen Effects’ to disable camera-based full screen effects like water and blood drops.
  • Fixed last campsite save not always updating when expected.
  • Various small optimizations.
  • Various minor UI fixes.
  • Minor graphics fixes

• 2 weeks later...

Another PC patch has been released! It contains a further fix for the Chasm Monastery, and also improves the QTE timing, presumably to make them less utterly infuriating. When I get a chance I think I'll load up one of my saves and see if there's any change to the QTEs.

Patch notes:

- Resolved situation in which combat would not spawn the next encounter on Chasm Bridge, halting player progress.
- Fixed an issue where the block and tackle itself was inaccessible while on the galleon.
- Improved QTE timing (left/right movement, button mashing) to be more consistent independent of frame-rate.
- Parachute controls are now more responsive on low frame-rate.
- Improvements to the 3DVision support, and support for the 3DVision IR device.
- Support for Eyefinity setups with multiple display-sets. (for example 3x1 + 1 setups).
- Some small multiplayer improvements.
- Various improvements to the handling of the last-campsite save.
- We have decided to remove the Optional Movie download and instead provide links to our YouTube pages containing those same videos.

No fix for the Nvidia issues yet though :( I'm experiencing some rather ugly graphical corruption at the Shipwreck Beach (though nothing game-breaking) so I hope they sort something out soon.

lol yeah :lol: Nixxes have been pretty great. I've seen a lot of cheap shoddy PC ports that are effectively abandoned after release, so it's nice to have a company that cares about the players and actually bothers to fix problems.

I've just had a go at the wolf cave QTE, and wow, what a change. It no longer fails me for mashing left and right as fast as I can, which is did before. Every single time. If the QTEs had run like this when I first played I would only have been mildly annoyed by them instead of completely enraged.

I also bumped my graphics settings up to ultimate because I wanted to see what would happen and Tress FX always borks my frame-rate, particularly during cut-scenes, and after a few tries managed to pass it while the game was running at about 5-12fps. I wouldn't recommend trying to pass QTEs like that though, the game still gets out of sync with the prompts when it's running that slowly. Not surprisingly.

There's been a new bug which was introduced with this most recent patch - the mouse will no longer work in the skills upgrade menu (I've had a look and confirmed). When upgrading, you'll need to use the keyboard to navigate if you're a keyboard and mouse player like me.

Nixxes have just released a new patch that fixes the issue with the mouse not working in the skills upgrade screen that was introduced with the last patch :lol:

http://store.steampowered.com/news/10414/

Patch notes:

- Resolved a problem where mouse control in the basecamp upgrade screen would not work properly since build 742.0.
- Stereo3D parameters for strength and depth can now be modified in the registry beyond their normal in-game range again.
- GPU performance improvements, specifically at higher quality levels.