What I've learned replaying TR2:
1. I've been spoiled by my PS3 and newer games: I forgot TR2 had no auto save points. Yikes! I had to start all over. Plus, I can't remember how to properly shut off my PS2---except to first remove the memory card (MEMORY CARD?!?).
2. Going back to d-pad for movement was a challenge: I've adjusted better than I thought to the joysticks. My left thumb is sore!
3. All my fancy moves are coming back: It's like zen, one moment I'm confused; then I relax, my fingers move on their own and Laura is making quick trips down ladders and backflipping while shooting! WOOHOO!
4. I've missed the TRAPS: The Great Wall section has a number of traps one right after the other where you have to time it just right to get a secret. You all know the one I mean. The newer TR just don't have as many traps.
5. The music....ah, the music......
6. The annoying "No" when you try to open a lock she doesn't have the key for.......Irksome. It has not been missed.
7. I remember when the sight of her braid floating in the breeze got me all excited about the progress in game programming and design. Still, I contend that the rich colors of Chinese tapestry we see early and late in the game remain beautiful.
9. Husband asking yet again: "What are the dinosaurs and tigers EATING down there? How do they live?"
THIS IS FUN!