PS3 or PS2

Demon_Knight69

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been confirmed for PS3.

What if you don't gots one lol

Solution or Problem? You have to weigh up the pros and cons.

Pros

• Get the PS3 early! Yay!!
  • Get it Cheap!
Cons
  • Immeadiate guarantee loss...PS3 brakes...no way to fix it unless you get a new one or the parts!
  • P & P Cost...may make it more expensive!
  • Not all the games may be regional accepted...some games may just not work on your machine!
There are more cons I think. I think I'm going to get it from England (Where I live) as it's just so much simpler. As far as I know though, Tr8 is going to be on PS3, it's a next generation title, so I would assume it's for next generation machines only. Hope that helps!!

If it drops down to something reasonable like $300.00 I might do something crazy and buy it...

I still won't be able to afford one even if it goes down to 250.00. But maybe i could put all the money i have towrds one, sell it on ebay for more, then buy it again. There's a good idea ;)

Solution or Problem? You have to weigh up the pros and cons.

Pros

• Get the PS3 early! Yay!!
  • Get it Cheap!
Cons
  • Immeadiate guarantee loss...PS3 brakes...no way to fix it unless you get a new one or the parts!
  • P & P Cost...may make it more expensive!
  • Not all the games may be regional accepted...some games may just not work on your machine!
There are more cons I think. I think I'm going to get it from England (Where I live) as it's just so much simpler. As far as I know though, Tr8 is going to be on PS3, it's a next generation title, so I would assume it's for next generation machines only. Hope that helps!!
I think all the PS3 games will be ok on any region of PS3....I heard that somewhere, lol. But yeah, the warrenty thing would put me off the most, especially when I remember the teathing problems the PS2 had when it was released!

OMG... this is so rediculous... Why cant they just put all games on all consoles... new and older... seriously does it matter? Becuz by the time we buy a ps3 the ps4 will come out and then we have to waste even more money buying one of those... Like seriously does anyone think that prices and how some people act is so ridiculous... The worst was the DOA series... Ugh... First it was on ps1 i bought it... then i ps2... had to buy a ps2 just for that game... Then it went on the xbox... had to buy an xbox for that game and then it goes onto xbox360... ugh that just really aggrivates me...

exactly, like they made Legend for PS2 and X-Box, but i think with the PS version, they can't really make them for both, so they just put it on the newer one, and also, they made five games for PS1, and two games for PS2, why not continue till four or five games for the PS2, i agree with you Experience, it frustartes me so much i just have to kick something. *go and kicks something*

• 3 months later...

I think that it's very stupid to ask 600 euro´s ( in the netherlands) for the PS3.

I wens t a few days ago to the toy store to look at it and ( i have glasses) i could se really quit that even the BOX is really big. So i wonder how big the machine it self is!!!

I also said to my mother if they ask 300 euro for it i might think of it.

But is it also there with you guys that even the games are expensive too ??

Here they are 65 euro's. so if yoy want the ps3 and a game you have to pay 665 euro for it. I know that i am nuts :) but that go's way over my head.

I read in this topic that they schould make it for all the consoles old and new. I would agree whit that. and yes when i finenilly can buy the ps3 there wil be somthing beter to play games on. Grr i just had my ps2 when i read that part 3 was on his way. damm i was i little pissed. But i shall buy a ps3 because i shall play tr 8 no matter what.

The machine is not as big as you'd think it was. It's like the Old non-slim line PS2 but a bit more stylish...and a bit bigger.

However, there is no reason to get annoyed by it just yet. We have no idea what Eidos will do, they may just release it on PS3 because Sony have stopped companies from using PS2 discs anymore, which they can do. However, if sells still go well on PS2 consoles there's no reason for Sony to stop the Ps2 disc line as long as the Ps3 is selling well too.

Then Eidos have to draw stats and stuff and see if it will sell on PS2 enough to make profit or the PS3...if it does, they'll release it.

I don't think we really have anything to worry about yet. I don't see TR8 coming out until at least late in 2008, early in 2009 but as an owner of a PS3 I am giving a slightly biased opinion so I can see why you'd all be annoyed. But like I said, don't get annoyed until they announce it! Enjoy anniversary :D

MsC

You know what i think? I dont think the PS3 is going to get very far. NOPE! Yes once the other games like Heavenly sword come out it MAY lift off but right at the moment it's a dud. And i dont think Eidos is going to want waste all the money just for a PS3 version.

But IMO the PS3 is just a piece of hard, shiny plastic.

maybe what theyre planning for tr8 wnt be possible on ps2 only a a ps3? from what ive heard though the ps3 hasnt done as well as it needed to, i definatly dnt want one if i got a next gen console itd b a 360, maybe theyl change thier mind and put it on ps2 aswell

You know what i think? I dont think the PS3 is going to get very far. NOPE! Yes once the other games like Heavenly sword come out it MAY lift off but right at the moment it's a dud. And i dont think Eidos is going to want waste all the money just for a PS3 version.

But IMO the PS3 is just a piece of hard, shiny plastic.

Heh, I'm still getting mine pretty soon weather the future TR games will be for PS3 or not I really don't care, I'm pretty sure they will have other cool games for it :wacko: My boyfriend already has the Xbox 360.

Edited by Purple