Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum

when i read all you post i get the feeling that the ps3 is unwanted.

I will enjoy anniversary very much but in my mind i also want tomb raider 8.

As a addicted tomb raider fan i want all parts that are coming so no matter what console the game needs somehow and someway i will (maybe) buy a ps3.

But everyday when i see some info about the ps3 i get the urge to buy it :( but i cant.

Dont get me wrong i like my ps2 verry verry much but i want to keep on playing tomb raider.

O i forgot to say i read also that ( i dont know when) there is going to be a small vesion of the ps3 (like the ps2) ill think i'll waith for that one,

My boyfriend already has the Xbox 360.

thats what i want... The 360... For DOA4... and to try out X2... and the upcoming DOA5... Dead Rising... hehehe... should i go on?... No...

when i read all you post i get the feeling that the ps3 is unwanted

It's not............................................................. Jokes jokes... no well... I dont know i just think after being told that its going to be able to do this and that, etc, and it comes out not being able to do all that was said... I just ggggrrrrrrrr!!!

thats what i want... The 360... For DOA4... and to try out X2... and the upcoming DOA5... Dead Rising... hehehe... should i go on?... No...

IMO (first of all) X2 isn't worth your money, it is a piece of crap! I bought it $59.99 becasue I loved the first one so much and all the clips made it looked like it was going to be way better than the first one. I was so hyped up! I couldn't wait to go to my boyfriends house to try it out. Well I didn't even last an hour playing the game, it was THAT bad, I hated it. Then in later magazine reviews, it got shame of the month almost no one liked it. Team Ninja completely messed up BIG time. For thoose of you who have played the first one (X1) you probobly know what I mean. Again, thats just my opinion.

Didn't like:

- Mini games (especially the water jet skiing becasue the water looked like crap and it was hard to see where you were going)

- Same beginning theme song (they could have at least had another intro song, new game, new song)

- All the old swimsuits names were on the new swimsuits. (I really hared that. Again: new swimsuits, new names)

- The hotel selection ( they could have improved that and made a bigger selection)

- Every girl has a favorite color in the game for example: Lisa likes Red. Alot of people hated the fact that getting a partner was almost impossible. Even if you gave a love item to the girl that you wanted to team up with chances were that they will throw the item in the trash. C'mmon Lisa you LOVE RED!

- I hated the gameplay.

- In the first X1 Zack's Island is destroyed, and in the beggining clip of X2 it shows you how he brought it back, and it's so stupid. I would tell you, but just in case you want the game I don't want to spoil it.

Need I say more? :lol::wacko::lol:

EDIT:

Almost forgot....When I went to return the game I only got $25.00 back :angry:

- Also, if you change their voices to English they sound all like crap, they sound as if they were 10 years old or something. I changed it back to their Original Jap voices.

Edited by Purple

ooohhh poor Purps...

I feel for you... :'(

but you missed one thing!... It still only has the back drops with the screens. I think for a 360 game you should be able to physically move from one place to another!

That aggrivated me when i read the reviews... gggrrrr!

Anyways I still would like to rent it... Its nice to have the experience

ooohhh poor Purps...

I feel for you... :'(

but you missed one thing!... It still only has the back drops with the screens. I think for a 360 game you should be able to physically move from one place to another!

That aggrivated me when i read the reviews... gggrrrr!

Anyways I still would like to rent it... Its nice to have the experience

DOA4 is pretty good. Gears of war is awsome! I think Halo 3 is coming out, and there is also Guitar Hero that just came out aswell.

There are ofcaurse many reasons for why they will release the eighth game on the PS3!!!

-I would like to say that PS3 had been released, and people don't really care about their old game machine PS2 as they did for PS1 and they just put their eyes only at the PS3 games, so the company would really win very easy, and thats what I think Tomb Raider 8 would be released on PS3. But don't worry, who told you that PS2 have only 2 numbers of TR, and what about the fifth, they also released Tomb Raider chronicles on PS2 and also it had been released on PS1, so people who don't have money, or still having PS1, they can buy it, and for those who bought PS2 and searching for PS2 games and don't want to miss the fifth they can buy it, as they do in Crash Bandicoot 2 and 3 games, these two games had been released in playstation 1 and 2 and who knows maybe 3, because Crash Bandicoot is so famous like TR, so don't worry at all, hope my words goes right that they would release it on PS2 AND PS3, as they do in chronicles, So for those who kept PS2 they can buy it, and for those who have PS3 they can also buy it!!!!

Hope my words go right!

Well you know Wikipedia can't always be trusted with their editors but it says for platforms:

PC, Playstation 2, Xbox 360, Wii

Personally I hope it's on PS2 (or at least have a PS3 and PS2 version) because I haven't gotten to PS3 yet and probably won't for some time. $$ But I think the graphics can look good on the PS2. I mean look at God Of War, awesome FMV and graphics. I wish they would include FMV back in the Tomb Raider games.

EDIT: If anyone receives the XBOX World magazine, they claim to have the exclusive scoop on the upcoming title. The magazine said that more info of the game will be revealed in September. It's September.....

EDIT 2: Like I said Wikipedia can't be trusted with upcoming things. It'll be on the PS3 for sure though.

TR8 is definitely coming out on Xbox 360, PS3 & PC. NO PS2!! It's been stated multiple times that TR:A was the last PS2 TR game.

You're probably right. But won't know sure until it's officially announced. ;)

There's no need for the !! (double yelling).

Me, too, but the darn thing costs 600 dollars :angry:

The last I heard the Nintendo Wii (cut in price this winter - $300 - $2??) is beating out both Xbox 360 (cut in price in the Spring of 2008) and PS3 (cut in price in the Summer of 2008).

Depending on Nintendo's price drop, both Microsoft and Sony will lower the price on their consoles to compete.

O i forgot to say i read also that ( i dont know when) there is going to be a small vesion of the ps3 (like the ps2) ill think i'll waith for that one,

It just so happens cheaper components can be made for both consoles.

Nintendo might also be issuing another model by 2010, to go with their new "mind control" controller (I bet Sony is kicking themselves for dropping the patent earlier this year).

Edited by New_Raider

You're probably right. But won't know sure until it's officially announced. ;)

There's no need for the !! (double yelling).

Well, the PS3 version was already confirmed in an announcement. The 360 version was confirmed in the 'Xbox World 360 Magazine'. And there has always been a PC version of every TR game. It was also confirmed in a magazine that TR:A would be the last TR game on PS2. And sorry for the 'double yelling'. It's just that I find it incredibly annoying when people ask if it's gonna be on PS2 when it's been officially stated multiple times that it's not.

Well, the PS3 version was already confirmed in an announcement. The 360 version was confirmed in the 'Xbox World 360 Magazine'. And there has always been a PC version of every TR game. It was also confirmed in a magazine that TR:A would be the last TR game on PS2. And sorry for the 'double yelling'. It's just that I find it incredibly annoying when people ask if it's gonna be on PS2 when it's been officially stated multiple times that it's not.

That's where you're wrong, I never asked if it was going to be on the PS2. ;)

Well you know Wikipedia can't always be trusted with their editors but it says for platforms:

PC, Playstation 2, Xbox 360, Wii

Personally I hope it's on PS2 (or at least have a PS3 and PS2 version) because I haven't gotten to PS3 yet and probably won't for some time. $$ But I think the graphics can look good on the PS2. I mean look at God Of War, awesome FMV and graphics. I wish they would include FMV back in the Tomb Raider games.

EDIT: If anyone receives the XBOX World magazine, they claim to have the exclusive scoop on the upcoming title. The magazine said that more info of the game will be revealed in September. It's September.....

EDIT 2: Like I said Wikipedia can't be trusted with upcoming things. It'll be on the PS3 for sure though.

PS4 is supposed to come out next year (predicted launch 12/31/07) and bring down the cost of PS3.

Do you think you can hold out till then?

Edited by New_Raider

PS4 is supposed to come out next year (predicted launch 12/31/07) and bring down the cost of PS3.

Do you think you can hold out till then?

Woa, PS4 is supposed to come out next year? Do you have a source for that? As far as I know, a PlayStation 4 isn't even under development yet, and doing a web search doesn't bring anything up except Sony execs saying they expect the PS3 could last 10 years.

Woa, PS4 is supposed to come out next year? Do you have a source for that? As far as I know, a PlayStation 4 isn't even under development yet, and doing a web search doesn't bring anything up except Sony execs saying they expect the PS3 could last 10 years.

I'll look for the source, but what it said was a Sony worker (former janitor) predicted it would come out sooner than predicted, but he did say that even if he is wrong, Sony of America has been working on it in secret, and with the exception of the Cell technology, all of its hardware (the Internet part) will be American made, and maybe some of the software.

Sony may be working with Project Epoc technology which parallels Sony's patent (method and apparatus for realistic motion and emotion scanning through video games and interactive imagery).

Despite what the article says, you do not just think and the avatars move.

It emulates your body movements without wires or attachments like Nintendo's controller, but you sympathize with the character, and decisions are made from your personality.

A race car driver might suddenly slow down when you see his engine overheating, or you can decide to kill or not to kill upon seeing what the effects of it would be to the characters.

It seems PS4 doesn't have a specified launch date, but Sony execs said it will be out sometime before 2060.

PS3 however will get a facelift this winter, like the PS2 slim edition, but PS3 will still be bulky.

Edited by New_Raider

PS4 a year after the PS3 - no sir. :lol:

I know, it sounded ridiculous to me too considering the source (Sony of America graphics designer and former janitor).

2020 - 2030 sounds more like the correct year, but there would be no launch titles with it (not backwards compatible), so the PS3 will stick around for awhile.

Look how long the PS2 has been around....it was around for 10 years before the PS3 came out last year. I also don't like the fact that the next TR has to only be a PS3 game. If the PS3 comes down anymore in price, then I may consider it (but I'll buy a new computer before I get one).

Look how long the PS2 has been around....it was around for 10 years before the PS3 came out last year. I also don't like the fact that the next TR has to only be a PS3 game. If the PS3 comes down anymore in price, then I may consider it (but I'll buy a new computer before I get one).

It may (repeat MAY, nothing is engraved in stone) also be on Xbox 360.

The high definition environments make it necessary to be on these consoles.

Crystal Dynamics doesn't have the time to copy God of War.

i wonder is there going to be another version of the x box??

I mean first there was a xbox then the xbox 360 and there is also a xbox360 live(?)

Will there be another xbox soon??

So i may considere to buy a xbox 360.