Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum

TR8 is definitely coming out on Xbox 360, PS3 & PC. NO PS2!! It's been stated multiple times that TR:A was the last PS2 TR game.

Thats not right! They are going to release them also in PS2 as they did in anneversary, from where did you bring that sentence?

TR:A was the last PS2 TR game.

That's not right! They are going to release them also in PS2 as they did in anniversary, from where did you bring that sentence?

TR:A was the last PS2 TR game.

Actually he is right that they ORIGINALLY said it wouldn't be on PS2, however, it will be on PS2 now which means they will probably stick with the TR:L engine.

Come to think of it, how important are those details if they sacrifice gameplay like AOD?

Actually he is right that they ORIGINALLY said it wouldn't be on PS2, however, it will be on PS2 now which means they will probably stick with the TR:L engine.

Come to think of it, how important are those details if they sacrifice gameplay like AOD?

They'll stick to the same engine as the one on PS3, it's actually easier for developers to down-grade graphics rather than upgrade them, plus lots of new moves and stuff are in the new engine (such as proper realistic movement), so they have to use it for the PS2 as the Legend engine wouldn't be compatible.

MsC

I was thinking like how EA made different versions of The Sims 2 for different platforms.

PSP got a more advanced version than PS2, but PS2 got a more advanced version than Nintendo Game Cube and DS.

GBA had the lowest quality (PSP and X-Box versions same quality, but different gameplay).

Guest Fusion

oddly enough I was thinking of the differnt versions of the sims 2 earlier today (just randomly). I've played PS2, Mobile/cell and PC. all of them different. I hope Underworld doesnt end up like that.

Edited by Fusion

people may or may not agree with me on this but...

I think there is a limit on how we realistic we can make these games, eventually there will be nothing available that can handle these games at this rate, the graphics are just changing much faster than things can be invented, and the there is a limit to what we can do. Believe it or not there is not a limitless ammount of possibilties with technology so i think they should just slow things up a little but it just stay where we are at. Sorry thats my opinion. I just think all this next gen stuff is fine but just keep it they way it is for a while instead of changing it every five minutes comming up with something new...geeze

all this is aggrivating lol....

sorry to rant...had to throw that in there

still i agree with what has been said earlier, they should put all games out for all consoles INCLUDING pc

I think there is a limit on how we realistic we can make these games, eventually there will be nothing available that can handle these games at this rate, the graphics are just changing much faster than things can be invented, and the there is a limit to what we can do. Believe it or not there is not a limitless ammount of possibilties with technology so i think they should just slow things up a little but it just stay where we are at. Sorry thats my opinion. I just think all this next gen stuff is fine but just keep it they way it is for a while instead of changing it every five minutes comming up with something new...geeze

all this is aggrivating lol....

still i agree with what has been said earlier, they should put all games out for all consoles INCLUDING pc

I would agree with that comment when it comes with Microsoft. They seem to have it in their mind to get their next-gen consoles out as soon as possible because they think that's what everyone wants...but a lot of X-Box 360's got the infamous red-ring of death due to being rushed. Sony and Nintendo seem to be doing a better job of it in my opinion. I mean the PS2 came out way back in 1999 or something like that, I can't quite remember. That's 7 years of the PS2 console plus the PS3 is meant to be lasting at least 10 years according to Sony. Nintendo on the other hand are more about ingenuity and creating new and interesting ways to play video games and aren't all about the graphics.

Nintendo just goes to prove that not everyone wants fancy graphics in their games, they want content, and I hope that CD pay attention to that, because although the screenshots of TR:U look fantastic in Next-gen, I'm more excited about Lara using her environment to solve her puzzles, being able to shoot at multiple enemies, guards fighting against animals etc....the graphics are just the icing on the cake, but I want the filling more.

MsC

I think there is a limit on how we realistic we can make these games, eventually there will be nothing available that can handle these games at this rate, the graphics are just changing much faster than things can be invented, and the there is a limit to what we can do. Believe it or not there is not a limitless amount of possibilities with technology so i think they should just slow things up a little but it just stay where we are at. Sorry thats my opinion. I just think all this next gen stuff is fine but just keep it they way it is for a while instead of changing it every five minutes coming up with something new...geeze

all this is aggravating lol....

Famous last words.

The PS4 is sure to be even more groundbreaking!

They have shrunk the cell processor and are incorporating the physX chip.

Putting all games on all consoles would not only be confusing to the consumer, but too time consuming and costly for game developers and producers, but as for Tomb Raider Underworld for PS2, something has got to be left out besides high definition and 360 degrees.

I bet the bonuses Japan usually gets as exclusives will be for the American PS2.

Famous last words.

The PS4 is sure to be even more groundbreaking!

They have shrunk the cell processor and are incorporating the physX chip.

Putting all games on all consoles would not only be confusing to the consumer, but too time consuming and costly for game developers and producers, but as for Tomb Raider Underworld for PS2, something has got to be left out besides high definition and 360 degrees.

I bet the bonuses Japan usually gets as exclusives will be for the American PS2.

Source for the PS4, please?

Source for the PS4, please?

Sony to sell chip facility to Toshiba for $835 mln

I.B.M. and Hitachi Team Up to Advance Chip Research

Toshiba's new Cell that IBM is working on, is non PS3 and may even be used in products as early as next month.

Sony will also be working on this processor.

There's no question Hollywood is embracing Blu-ray over HD DVD, so will there still be a second format?

PhysX to become a CUDA extension, PS4 developers rejoice

You can take the PhysX in PS4 rumor as pure speculation, but it is confirmed for new PC applications and the next Nintendo console.

Microsoft is also looking into it, using their own technology to capitalize on their own brand, like they did with DirectX.

Underworld is being released on PS3, Wii, Xbox 360, PC, PSP, Nintendo DS AND (dun dun dun!) PS2.

HOWEVER, the graphics for PS2 will be slightly lower quality then PS3, for the obivious reasons, like PS3 is the New Gen and this game is made for Blu-Ray format. The same also goes, unfortunatly, for PC users (unless you have, like, Windows Vista 5000* or some other brand spanking new Windows program)

But do not dispare! It has been said the PS2 and PC users will be able to enjoy the game just as well as everyone else, just the graphics will be a teeny bit poorer.

IMO, as long as I don't have to go forking out the $950AU it is to buy a PS3 for the one game I really like playing, then who really GIVES if the graphics will be a slightly lower quality?

* *sigh*, yes I DO know there is no such thing as Vista 5000, I was being sarcastic.

I think the graphics of the game on PC will depend more on what graphics card you have than on what version of Windows you have. Very good graphics card = very good graphics that can compete with the PS3. A not so good graphics card (like I have) = not so impressive graphics. I'm going to have to do a hardware update, I think... and I need more RAM... This could be an expensive business :smiley:

Just to add to Shrensh's post above, a very good and a mid- to high-end graphics card will always beat 360 and PS3 graphics hands down.

Shrensh, have you seen the Evga's latest high end video card? ---- it's a beast!!! It even comes with an HDMI output:

http://www.evga.com/articles/400.asp

Any clue how a GeForce 8600 GT video card would handle PS3 graphics? It's the one I have, and unfortunately, I don't actually know a whole lot about video cards. TR8 is the main reason (actually, the only real reason so far) I want to get a PS3, but I doubt I will, since last time I checked it cost $1700 here. My video card handles PS2 graphics a lot better than the PS2 itself (or at least that's how it looks to me), but I haven't tried any next-gen games on it yet.