• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I am new to this website and only started today and i nthought it would be such a good reason joining as i am such a tomb raider fan and i would like to take this chance to meet new friends.post-11128-092468800 1299866878_thumb.jp

• 2 months later...

Hello all! I'm Jolivhanna and I'm also new here. I'm from Sydney, Australia, I've been a Lara fangirl since 1998 and I very much look forward to being a part of your community!

Edited by Jolivhanna

• 1 month later...

Hello there. I'm Dr John Oakland. You could call me a Tomb Raider veteran.

I have all the CD games of Tomb Raider, from the time they came out. I've played and finished all the games up to Chronicles and including Legend legitimately, but couldn't get to grips with killing Christina Boaz, so I downloaded a patch for that game; and my PC wouldn't let me do the action needed to kill the T-Rex in Anniversary, so I downloaded a save game to get past it. I would play Underworld, but my seven year old PC's not good enough for it.

I studied for a couple of years in Derby, and have spent a night practically next door to the building where the first few games were created. I was born and still live in Leeds, the city Nell McAndrew's from, but we've never met. I did once see her, though, at one of the London premieres for the Tomb Raider movies in Leicester Square. I was in the crowds at both. During my other visits to London, I've also seen the outside of Aldwych station, the real Natural History Museum, several artifacts at the British Museum including the rosetta stone and some of the terracotta warriors, and the place Manfred Powell appears to call home. Last year, I went to Hatfield House, Lara's home in the movies. In previous years, I've also been to Paris, Prague, Greece and Venice. During the Venice trip, I also went to Rome and by virtue of having a port of the original game on my N-Gage phone, I'm one of surely very few people who have played the "Collosseum" level in the Colosseum!

Back in 1999 I was one of the members of the legendary Croft Times forums, and followed some of the members from there to the K-Files, the Pretend K-Files and finally to the Dark Cafe. I have also been a member of the Eidos forums and the Village of Tokakeriby forums, but life etc. got in the way and I've not been back to either of those two in several years. You may find me on Twitter, and my pseudonym on Facebook.

• 1 month later...

this post is supossed to go in the newcomers topic, the section is just above the off topic section on the main forum page.

(sorry, i have a moderator history :lol: )

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Well I did kinda start writing to the forums already but I suppose I should introduce myself...

I'm 18 years old and hail from Finland. I can admit that I have some sort of obsession with history, specially ancient cultures, meaning you can talk to me about ancient cultures - SPECIALLY ancient Egypt - anything anytime and I'm up to it. I suffer from a typical history geek syndrome, meaning I'm sometimes too demanding when it comes to the accuracy of historical facts used in entertainment. But then again, I have my weaknesses, and I am a huge fan of the first two Mummy movies, although they have very little to do with the real history. (Don't get me started but hey, Imhotep as a bad guy? lol)

My own history with Tomb Raiders goes back to the happy days of my childhood. My older brother had Playstation 1, and naturally I also became interested in video games. The first game that we had for Playstation was Crash Bandicoot - I still adore the older Crash Bandicoots - and then came this game called "Tomb Raider". This Tomb Raider was Tomb Raider III: The Adventures of Lara Croft, and for a little girl like myself this Lara Croft quickly became a huge idol. I was too afraid to play the actual game itself - I spend my time in the good ol' Croft Manor. Sometimes I played the first level and the darn tiger (or whatever cat animal it was) scared the hell out of me!

I became very interested in Tomb Raider as a phenomenom. I begged for my dad to buy me the movie (I still remember the price, 100 Finnish markkas :rolleyes:) and watched it over and over again. When I was ready to play the games all alone, it was already the era of Playstation 2 and what I found out was that our copy of TR3 wasn't exactly the... legal, original one. (Know what I mean?) Our Playstation 1 didn't really work that well anymore and our Playstation 2 wouldn't run the game, so my TR explorations didn't begin yet.

When Tomb Raider: Underworld was released, I had to get my copy. My brother had Xbox360, so I bought the game for Xbox. What I remembered it felt different from the early ones, naturally, but I enjoyed it. Later I found Tomb Raider: Legend from a sale basket in a local store called Motonet and bought it for a rather cheap price. ;) I found out that the classic Tomb Raiders were available as a collection for a fair price and bought The Lara Croft Tomb Raider Collection ASAP. And my collection was full when my brother gave me Tomb Raider: Anniversary as a birthday gift.

Now I'm going through the classics, even though my laptop isn't exactly the best for the purpose and even though I really like more playing with a console. During these years I have also bought three TR novels and one comic book, a collection of both the TR movies, tried to draw some pictures of Lara, designed an outfit for her for a competition, been a member of several TR forums, visited the fan websites, visited the look-a-like galleries, watched fanmade movies etc. etc. However the last couple of years I have had to pay more attention to my studies, since I'm now in high school instead of junior high. But now on my senior year of high school I'm making my comeback to the world of TR forums. I chose to make my account here mostly because of the long history (in comparison with the other websites/forums). If I'm not wrong I also think Stella has mentioned this site maybe even couple of times...

I used to be more or less active member of one Finnish TR forum, but since they put down the website where it could be found, I kinda dropped out.

This is becoming rather long message but I'll briefly mention some of the other games/game series I'm interested in:

- Assassin's Creed (pre-ordered ACIII couple of months ago!)

- Uncharted (played the first one, saving money for the second/third)

- Red Dead Redemption (my brother had it on Xbox but sold it, now I'm saving money to buy it to PS3)

- God of War (would like to buy one, but again the money issue... it sucks to be a student with practically no income)

Also in consideration: buying Spec Ops: The Line. Played the demo, it was nice, story sounds interesting.

And the last note: one of my proudest collections is the three Playstations in my shell. I mean, what better way to say "Sony's Slave"? :D

Looking forward to seeing you all in the forum and discussing about TRs with people who actually want to talk about the subject! : )

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Long time TR fan here and playing since 97/98 in the days of 3DFX.

My day job is running a PC repair shop where I also build gaming machines and write articles about gaming and other off topic stuff at Daves Computer Tips.

I usually follow TR news and stuff through Stella's page, which is without doubt the best TR resource on the net.

I also used to post on Katie's TR forum till it closed. Some may know me by my real name, Marc.

I've only just installed ROTTR and it's blown me away. Great game.