Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum

LARA CROFT ONLINE HOME PAGE

The Rant Thread

TR252

Sounds like that kid your talking about is a straight up bully. Your sister did something good though by standing up to him. A bully doesn't like being stood up to, they get their kicks from intimidating others. Also remember if your sister has friends and she's with them, he won't bother her....call it power in numbers, if you know what I mean.

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

sorry to hear of your abuse/bullying incidents guys - If there's one thing I detest more than anything on this earth, it's a bully. I recently read of an 11 year old boy hanging himself in his bedroom because of bullying on the school bus - the school did nothing about it as it was 'out of school hours' - I ended up in tears reading about the fun-loving, lovely boy reduced to taking his own life.

Sounds like that kid your talking about is a straight up bully. Your sister did something good though by standing up to him. A bully doesn't like being stood up to, they get their kicks from intimidating others. Also remember if your sister has friends and she's with them, he won't bother her....call it power in numbers, if you know what I mean.
Yeah, I know what you mean. Thanks Blade.

sorry to hear of your abuse/bullying incidents guys - If there's one thing I detest more than anything on this earth, it's a bully. I recently read of an 11 year old boy hanging himself in his bedroom because of bullying on the school bus - the school did nothing about it as it was 'out of school hours' - I ended up in tears reading about the fun-loving, lovely boy reduced to taking his own life.

Aww, that poor boy. I hate it when things like that happen. Thanks for replying larsons.

Fresh news on the incedent. The school just called. All of the staff are on my sisters side. They even want to find out who the teacher was that said something to her because she fought back. Luckily, I have my "end of year" book here. My sister just picked him out.

Edited by Morpheanne

Aww Morph, say sorry to your sister from me!

There's nothing I hate more than a bully!!! They just aren't very nice to put it simply, and I totally agree with you, I'd stick up for my brother no matter what!

However, I think that hurting him back would solve nothing, as it's the whole '2 wrongs don't make a right' fiasco. Best thing your sister can do--like Blade said-- is stay in a group and report it. Anyway, hope it's sorted out by the time you've read this.

Love Lara

Glad to hear the staff's behind your sis, Morph. I've had a few times where my kids were bullied, and some of the staff, even the prinicipal, didn't back them up. Not that it stopped me from going over their heads, that's for sure. I don't encourage them to fight back brutally or anything, but they should at least protect themselves. I also make sure they know that they can tell me what they did or said in the incident. Sometimes kids who are bullied fault themselves too much for their involvement. Bullies prey on that and like taking stuff way too far. Lockers seem to provoke them for some reason!!!

Hope everything works out, and the teacher that told her she was wrong is reprimanded.

Guest tino croft
Not only that, everything was captured on Digital Disc in full color and sound!!

The officers told me I could had shot him to protect myself, my employees and my store and it would be 100% justified and within my rights (which I knew I could but I held back).

That guy was lucky I didn't!!

:lol:

hehe lets all see the vid!!!

Thanks for replying.

The school called because they were concerned about my sis, since she didn't go today. It should all be sorted out by Tuesday.

I'm glad it's all getting sorted out, I hope it doesn't affect your sis too much, hopefully knowing everyone is behind her will help.

I had to deal with a Mr Obnoxious the other day - he had pushed in front of another person to use one of the PC's, a member of staff had tried to get him off it but he ignored her so she called me. I pursuaded him to get off but I then had his finger jabbing at me with that classic comment "I am a tax payer, I am entitled to use the free public access computers - I pay your wages". I pointed out that I pay my wages too as does the person he pushed in front of - and that he was entitled to use a computer when it was his turn. He was very aggressive and it took me a while to get him out - I had to threaten him with security, he said he was going to complain about me - it won't matter if he does as he was in the wrong but I doubt he will. Another member of public came up to me after he'd gone and said how terrible it is that we have to deal with such rude and nasty people - I thought that was nice of her, it's a shame there are so many about, as AJ=TR will confirm - nasties and weirdos are frequently drawn to libraries, but so are some really nice people too.

Wow, AngelR...it's kinda ironic how familiar Mr. Obnoxious sounds. Just a bit of humor: wouldn't it be nice to see someone fight to be first to get a book once in awhile??? Lol. Seriously, though, that whole taxpayer thing really ticks me off. One of the guys that does that bit a lot, minus the pushing, lives off government unemployment. He loves to give us speeches about how nice it must be for us to be closed for some smaller holiday, like Veteran's Day or Columbus Day (US only holidays, I know, but you know what I mean). You've got to be kidding me...he doesn't even work! He says he's looking for a job, but it's amazing how many times I walk by and he's on yahoo or google, etc. I hear from the other ladies that have been there longer than me that he once turned down a job offer at a hardware store they recommended to him because he was overqualified. The nerve.

We have had teens push a lot...and I hear while I was out sick last week, that they had to call the police! The kids were hopping back and forth between computers, yelling, and trying to get around our new software that puts people in a queue and gives them a time limit. Then, when they were asked to stop, they cursed out my boss and another lady that has worked there for almost 30 yrs.

When I actually checked Mr Obnoxious's ticket details, I discovered he was a County (not City) taxpayer anyway, so he pays my wages as much as I do (I live in the County) LOL.

We have booking software too - it's been a great help - when we realise someone is using their wives card details cos they've used their 2 hour limit up we can just cancel their booking - the look on their face when the screen goes back to the desktop is brilliant (laughs evilly). :lol:

When I actually checked Mr Obnoxious's ticket details, I discovered he was a County (not City) taxpayer anyway, so he pays my wages as much as I do (I live in the County) LOL.

We have booking software too - it's been a great help - when we realise someone is using their wives card details cos they've used their 2 hour limit up we can just cancel their booking - the look on their face when the screen goes back to the desktop is brilliant (laughs evilly). :lol:

Yeah, well, same here...If our annoying guy's on assistance, then he pays no taxes. About the software...that's hilarious...and exactly how I felt when we installed ours. I actually can type a message before I cancel their turn. For some, I'd like to type: "Does your wife know what you're doing?" Rofl. Or how 'bout: "Do your parents know you're not really doing homework?" :lol:

Lol, sorry, BP, but I had to read that 2x to understand how you were online with no power. Silly me. Now's a good time to play Doom!

:lol: Laptop (with a functional battery) and wireless internet ;)

BPanther

• 3 weeks later...

I had another stupid customer, actually it was two, come through the Taco Bell drive thru on Saturday. I greeted him and he asked me"What my favorite drink was?", I first told him I've drank everything we had and then he said "Can you pick one?" I said to him the Code Red Mountain Dew and then he said "Give me a big a** code red." so I punch it in on the register and we have one of those order confirmation boards now and he said 'Damn, you charge tax." and I"m thinking "Yeah, we charge tax on everything." so he comes on around and pays for it. Now he's about a foot and a half away from the window, so I have to duck and reach to give him his drink. I thought he had it in hand, but it slips out and hits the ground. So seeing that, i was nice enough to make another drink and give it to him. But then the passenger in the backseat reaches out and knocks the drink out of my hand and then they peel off laughing at me. That really got me mad to the point I shouted out the window at them "You dumb f******s!!" (Yeah I cursed, so pardon me.) :angry: :angry: :angry:

Later on that night we ran out of some product and I would've had to tell customers we were out, but after what happened earlier I told the other manager working with me that night to take over because i couldn't tell them. I'm glad I haven't seen those dumb punks again, for I would throw a drink right in their faces if I ever do.

Ugh, I hate stupid rude customers who think they're the funniest things ever. Luckily I didn't get too many rude people when a worked at the video store back in South Africa, because the shop was new and was pretty quiet most of the time. Although, there was one really annoying guy who used to phone up a couple of times a week and pant into the phone and whisper disgusting things. On my last day there he called, so I screamed obscenities down the phone at him. That felt good :lol:

omg shrensh - obscene callers - that's the pits.

I had a disturbing incident with a guy trying to sell my a will-writing service - he rang a couple of times asking if i'd made a will and would i like some information....I don't usually take any notice, but, as i haven't actually made a will yet, i said he could send me a leaflet in the post.

the leaflet arrived a couple of days later and I threw it in the bin as it looked very unprofessional. this man rang me every day for a week asking if i'd received/looked at the leaflet - I kept telling him we didn't need his service at this time (i'm too bloody polite, that's my trouble). He rang for the umpteenth time one Friday night while i was having my tea - I'd had enough, I told him I wasn't interested and asked him not to ring me again (still being polite, see). I put the phone down. 2 seconds later it rang, I picked it up, it was him....'thankyou for wasting my time and the cost of a 1st class stamp' he said and put the phone down. I couldn't believe it, and now, finally, i'd lost my temper. I redialled the last number and, of course, it went straight to answerphone....I left him a lovely message ending with if he ever called again, I would contact the police. I've never had another phone call from him, but I did receive a sheet of A4 paper in the post (no postmark) with 'your will is done' typed on it. This happened a few months ago, and it did disturb me at the time, the one really annoying thing was the fact i threw away the leaflet so I couldn't go to the police as I had no contact details or anything - I don't even think it was a real company. There are some very strange selling tactics out there - now, I put the phone straight down on anyone trying to sell me something.

omg shrensh - obscene callers - that's the pits.

I had a disturbing incident with a guy trying to sell my a will-writing service - he rang a couple of times asking if i'd made a will and would i like some information....I don't usually take any notice, but, as i haven't actually made a will yet, i said he could send me a leaflet in the post.

the leaflet arrived a couple of days later and I threw it in the bin as it looked very unprofessional. this man rang me every day for a week asking if i'd received/looked at the leaflet - I kept telling him we didn't need his service at this time (i'm too bloody polite, that's my trouble). He rang for the umpteenth time one Friday night while i was having my tea - I'd had enough, I told him I wasn't interested and asked him not to ring me again (still being polite, see). I put the phone down. 2 seconds later it rang, I picked it up, it was him....'thankyou for wasting my time and the cost of a 1st class stamp' he said and put the phone down. I couldn't believe it, and now, finally, i'd lost my temper. I redialled the last number and, of course, it went straight to answerphone....I left him a lovely message ending with if he ever called again, I would contact the police. I've never had another phone call from him, but I did receive a sheet of A4 paper in the post (no postmark) with 'your will is done' typed on it. This happened a few months ago, and it did disturb me at the time, the one really annoying thing was the fact i threw away the leaflet so I couldn't go to the police as I had no contact details or anything - I don't even think it was a real company. There are some very strange selling tactics out there - now, I put the phone straight down on anyone trying to sell me something.

Oh I had that with mobile phones for about a month! But I make them talk now to waste their time because they normally waste mine. This one guy was talking to me about virgin mobile or something and he was going on...and on...and on...

So I decided I was quite firsty and put the phone on the table. I went to make a cup of tea, I had to boil the kettle, get it all ready etc. When I came back, he was still talking about it and only ended about 3 minutes after I picked it up again. In total he must have been speaking for about 15 minutes. Then I said, "Thanks, but no thanks." And that was the end of it! :rolleyes:

I'm normally not that vindictive but that same company had phoned me up about 30 times in one month. Don't mess with Lara!

MsC

This reminds me of the time African Americans Activists called Star Wars Episode I The Phantom Menace a Racist movie; they felt Jar Jar Binks was supposed to be the analogy of an African American because it was a dumb and illiterate and inarticulate.

What a bunch of Morons!!

:P

http://movies.monstersandcritics.com/news/...anian_movie_300

Hey, you lost a battle of 2,000,000 Persians against 300 Spartans and their 700 Greek Mercenaries Allies.

What is Racist about that?

It's history!!

It's not something that was made up by Hollywood and there is no Conspiracy by Warner Bros. or U.S. Political Plot.

Now I hear Iranian Groups all over the US and Canada (where the movie was filmed) are boycotting the film.

Oh and the African Americans are Boycotting the film too as being Racist because in the movie, MOST (NOT ALL) of the Persian Slaves and Soldiers were played by African or African American Actors.

Hello, did you not read your history?

Persia is now what is Iran and I am sure at the time of this historical event, the people were darker skinned than their Greek counterpart and where did you think the Persian got most of their slaves from?

:rolleyes:

why do some people have to see RACISM everywhere?

-_-

Next we are going to hear from MARTIANS who thinks Aliens are being wrongly portrayed by Hollywood as being Mindless Killing Machines in the "Alien" Movies and that is RACIST!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I think the Godfather Movies are offensive and racist toward Italian Americans because it portrays my people as a group of mindless Mafia Killers!!

:D

Edited by j7wild

In this day and age you can't please everyone. There will always be something that offends people in one way or another. But when I do go see 300, the whole racial thing won't be on my mind.

• 1 month later...

After 13 years in fast food, I am now tired of it. Sunday night was the last straw for me. I had to work shortstaffed and this has been going on for too long. I had to be on the line making orders for customers in the dining room and there had to be two workers on the line for drive thru making orders just to get those orders out a little faster. Well the orders I get aren't small at all, orders having up to 20 items and you tell me how fast you can make those. I had a woman standing at the counter and she said "When am I going to get my food?" and I tell her "I'm working as hard as I can." so when I make the order and put in a bag, for it was to go, and give it to her she looks at it and says really loud "What the hell is this? this isn't what I ordered." she goes pointing to the menu saying "I got a taquito combo." I took out what wasn't supposed to be in the bag (which was a crunchwrap supreme and a cheesy fiesta potatoes.) and brought it back and then she pushed that away and said "This is the slowest fast food place I've ever been to." and I think she had her daughter with her and she was trying to say something and her mother said "Shut up Nicole!! Go outside and get in the car, we're leaving!!!" the woman then said "Who's over this store?" I just looked at her and she said "Don't look at me like that!!!" I just couldn't say anything to her and then she said "I want my damn money back, every penny of it!!!" I gave her refund and she left.

Now I don't usually let things like that get to me, but as I said this has been an ongoing problem and the other manager who was working had to call our Area Coach just to get permission to close the dining room, we were running out of product and other things. He allowed it and we didn't reopen the dining room. If this was the general manager and the assistant manger working, they'd have the people needed to work and they wouldn't have problems.

I'm already looking for a new job...I've put in 3 online apps so far (CVS, Walgreen's and Best Buy). I know I won't get the same pay there compared to what I make now, but I had to work my way up to get the shift manager position. I'm looking strictly to retail...I am not ever gong back to a fast food place.

Sorry for the double post ya'll....but I had to get this out....