The Rant Thread

TR252

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anyone else getting sick of the spamming around here? This is the latest crop of new members sending me junk in a private message. I've blocked them but it's getting annoying.

brickerza

denirtos

jurdreda

justrakop

muzrinkl

nuzgirba

terkovskyr

We (Mods) deal with any threads these people post almost instantly to the point where you would rarely see them, but I didn't know they were sending PMs to members.

To any future members that get this, please don't hesitate to tell us mods that you're getting these spam private messages ASAP.

MsC

• 1 month later...

PHONE COMPANIES!!!

They are so annoying and idiotic!

My usual phone bill usually came to around $80.00, which I happily paid and could afford.

Then, I call about a fault in the line and they mess it up completely!

Next, I'm told that the plan I'm using is costing me too much because we mostly call mobile phones, and that I should

use another plan and it will save me money. So, I agreed to change it to another plan.

What happenes next? These past two months have had higher bills! One being almost $130.00 and the most recent

one coming to just over $100.00. And we've been using the phone LESS!!

I never even wanted the phone on! But I needed it to have the internet connected, which is ridiculous.

I've thought about going wireless, but once again, it costs too much. There's installation and connection fees.

What's worse with it though is I wouldn't get as much download as I do with what I use now - and I use the net alot, lol.

So, I just got off the phone with them again, which they will gladly bill me for, and swapped the plan back to what it was on,

but, I have to pay that plan in advance. I told them, no, I will not be paying it in advance. That's the bs I got last time. They can

wait until the end of the month now. Not even my other bills cost that much - they're all under $60.00

Did I give them an ear full? Yes, I did. All these phone companies do is screw people over. It's happened to nearly everybody I know, and now they've done it to me. Shows how much they really care about people.

Thanks for reading my rant, I feel much better now, lol. :)

• 2 months later...

The downside of changing boss every year is that you never know what to expect. My new boss is so flexible and I had to miss my flight to Liverpool today and I'm missing a wedding family on friday! :( So, I'm now left home alone - Ben went to the wedding, of course, lost the booking money and even though I could still go on friday, our finances don't allow it! Crap... :(

The downside of changing boss every year is that you never know what to expect. My new boss is so flexible and I had to miss my flight to Liverpool today and I'm missing a wedding family on friday! :( So, I'm now left home alone - Ben went to the wedding, of course, lost the booking money and even though I could still go on friday, our finances don't allow it! Crap... :(

If you already made arrangement to take time off to go to Liverpool and the wedding; your new boss is required to let you go even if the arrangements were made with his predecessor and approved by his predecessor!!

:angry:

Doesn't really work like that in schools. I go back to work on 1st of september. I'm not allowed to take holidays after August, but usually, because lessons only start mid september, directors are very flexible with our timetable, as long as we get everything done in time. This one isn't flexible at all...

Doesn't really work like that in schools. I go back to work on 1st of september. I'm not allowed to take holidays after August, but usually, because lessons only start mid september, directors are very flexible with our timetable, as long as we get everything done in time. This one isn't flexible at all...

give him the bill for the booking money and make him pay it!!

he will be flexible next time!!

who does he answer to?

I'll go over his head up the chain of command and file a complaint!!

What if it happened to him? how would he feel?

Oh I'm sorry BP - I knew you hadn't come to the UK with Ben but I didn't realise that you had expected (and even booked) to come with him. That's really rough. It's a shame your new boss doesn't appreciate the fact that a contented work force is one that not only works harder but is more loyal and willing to go that extra mile - for a decent boss.

J7 - BP has to work with this guy - as director the decisions are his (however unfair)and if she tried to go over his head it would probably just make it worse, and even less flexibility as he would then do everything even more by the book. I work for local government (who run the schools here too) and people in the 'real' or commercial world just can't see why the same rules don't apply.

• 1 year later...

yay!!! the rant thread! what to rant about? lemme see.....

i hate it how i have both a fysical and a mind sickness (i dont know how to spell "dezice" right now :tongue2: ) both pain and fear rule my life because of those two, and the pills i have to take.

i hate it how people always look down at others because they dont have what those people do have.

i hate it how everybody thinks that when you are over 20 you SHOULD have a relationship because that is "standart" in a humand life.

and i hate how that is NOT standart in my life.

and above all i hate phone companies; "good day sir, we have very good news for you, you will have a free lottery ticket but first you have to awnsers osme questions!" *hippo hangs up the phone*

• 3 months later...

I am just starting out on Tombraider and everyone else has been playing it for years.

I was given an old disk of Last Revelation this week, lol, and it is OK. I was also given copies of Theresa's walkthroughs to follow.

I tried Anniversary a few years ago, but my rant is about the grappling hook. Swinging around the walls was just too hard! =(

Hope this is posted on the right board. =)

I wanna rant about how my frick frackin Xbox 360 died before I could finish playing Arkham City!!!! Arg!!! I am going back to Playstation!

BEFORE you finished Arkham City!? *shakes fist at 360* Both consoles have their ups and downs, but honestly, I would choose my PS3 over a 360 anyday, I've seen plenty of trouble with those....plus a PS3 is easier to fix. Mine's only ever broken down once, I put a new laser in and it's been perfect since. Recently upgraded the HDD to 500GB aswell.

Tom, you are the master of all that is flash. :lol::)

Edited by Morph

• 2 weeks later...

IS EVERYONE in a FOUL MOOD or what? I was at Super Target and as soon as I got out of my car, some lady yelled at me saying I took her parking space (there was no else there when I pulled into that space). Another lady almost ran me over in her car and I was just walking from my car to the store's entrance; then she wants to roll down her window and yell at me saying something about calling the Police on me. In the store, I stopped at one of the aisle to look at something on the shelf and I didn't even have a shopping cart with me; the entire empty aisle, around me and another lady bitch at me saying I was blocking it because she was trying to get by with her shopping cart. I don't weight 400 lbs nor am I the size of a Tree Trunk, 2 people in 2 separate shopping carts, side by side, could had gotten by me!! Days like today just make me want to EFFING BEEYACH SLAP SOME OF THESE IDIOTS OUT THERE AND SAY TO THEM: WHAT IS EFFING WRONG WITH YOU? ARE YOU FROM THE GUTTER GENE POOL?

Edited by J7Dadda

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I went to the grocery store today. Someone please explain to me why the stupid lady put my bottle of wine, 4 canned goods, loaf of bread and 2 ziploc bags of cold cuts in one Plastic Grocery Bag? Is she just dumb and incompetent or are they trying to save on Plastic Grocery Bags? By the time I get home, the bottle of wine would have ripped the grocery bag apart, the canned goods would had shattered the bottle of wine, the spilled wine would had ruined the bread and the carpeting on my car. I told that lady to put the wine in a brown paper bag, put the loaf of bread flat in a grocery bag with the 2 ziploc bags of cold cuts standing upright on either side of it in the bag and put the 4 canned goods in another grocery bag, upright and be sure to double bag that bag. She wasn't happy about me telling her what to do. There are so many millions American who are unemployed. I am sure any of them would be happy to have her job so she can go home and sleep all day and play on her ipod and chat on her smart phone and just sit around and do nothing - which also explained why she was moving slower than molasses to bag 8 items! What does she do when she gets a customer with a shopping car full of items?!?

I would say she's lazy and incompetent. As I'm sure you already know, James, it's a part of store policies to have certain types of food -- canned goods, meats, etc. -- to be packed in bags of the same type of product. So you shouldn't be mixing your laundry powder with your sunday roast.

Was she young? I know I'm only 21, but I see alot of 15 - 16 year olds working in the grocery stores, and they just look like they cannot be arsed with what they're doing and would rather be somewhere else. I know what you mean about how many people there are unemployed that would love to have some work, I'm one of them. I find it's usually someone younger than me that gets the job instead -- it's all about the youth rates!

Edited by Morph

I think the youth of today look for jobs just so they don't have parents to tell them what to do. Where i work at (Taco Bell) we are not supposed to be having cell phones out, but whenever there aren't customers i can see several with them texting friends. Every manager has to tell these teens to do something and it usually takes several times to tell them to get it done.I really wish there was a time machine, lets take them back to when there was no Facebook or cell phones or even texting and see what they do.

she didn't look young, in her mid 20s I would say.

she moved very very slow and she'd also spent a lot of time chatting with the cashier (she was the bagger) and she didn't even say hi to me.

the baggers usually say hi to the customers as soon as you go up to the line and the cashier starts scanning your items.

I love Central Market but they don't have self checkout.

Nowadays I'd rather use the self checkout so I can be sure I don't get charged twice for the same item, get over-charged and have my groceries bagged properly.

We've been known to use the self checkout when we do our weekly family grocery shopping with 2 carts, one cart for the stuff and the other cart for the Angels.