The Rant Thread

TR252

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

She is an educator whose job is to educate your children and shape them and mold them to prepare them for their upcoming adult lives?!?

Good luck with that!!

https://www.foxnews.com/us/nebraska-principal-reportedly-bans-candy-canes-says-j-shape-stands-for-jesus

https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2018/december/nebraskas-grinch-principal-in-trouble-for-totally-banning-christmas-even-candy-canes

She has been placed on Administrative leave.

Here's her photo:

755c041059104014.jpg 

She banned all these and not just candy canes:

QUOTE: "Principal Jennifer Sinclair of Manchester Elementary School issued a broad Christmas ban saying, "We are not to be doing any Christmas or holiday-specific themed activities with students. Santa and Christmas items are not to be on activities or copies."

Santas or Christmas items (clipart) on worksheets
Christmas trees in classrooms
Elf on the Shelf - that's Christmas-related
Singing Christmas Carols
Playing Christmas music
Sending a Scholastic book that is a Christmas book - that's Christmas-related
Making a Christmas ornament as a gift - This assumes that the family has a Christmas tree which assumes they celebrate Christmas. I challenge the thought of, 'Well they can just hang it somewhere else.'
Candy Cane - that's Christmas-related. Historically, the shape is a 'J' for Jesus. The red is for the blood of Christ, and the white is a symbol of his resurrection. This would also include different colored candy canes.
Red/Green items - traditional Christmas colors
Reindeer
Christmas videos/movies and/or characters from Christmas movies" /QUOTE

Talk about she being the ultimate Grinch ...

What she did violates the First Amendment by the way.

In the 2nd article:

[QUOTE: Her memo sparked outrage among parents and teachers. Several of them reached out to Liberty Counsel, a nonprofit legal group that focuses on religious freedom, which sent a letter to the school district pointing out that the Christmas ban violates the US Constitution.

The school district immediately took action, reversing the anti-Christmas policy, stating that Sinclair did not consult with administrators before enacting the religious themed policy./QUOTE

Damn post office, then they wonder why they are billions of $ in the red !! We haven't gotten any mail in 11 days. Not even the weekly grocery store advertisement. The last mail hold we put in was when we went out of town months ago during the Summer and for carrier to deliver accumulated mail at the end of that hold. We been getting mail regularly since then until 11 days ago. I call the local post office and lady postmaster says the carrier has stopped delivering our mail because 1. We put in too many mail holds for months at a time which is BS because the online mail hold request only allows one hold at a time for max of 30 days and 2. we never pick up our mail at the post office at the end of the long holds which again it's BS, why do wehave to go in when we request carrier deliver accumulated mail? Plus we HAVE been getting mail since the end of our last hold in the Summer so it's not like there is 5 months of mail piled up over there at the post office. Last week I ran into to mailman when I went to the mailboxes and he said nothing to me - he saw me open my mailbox. If the post office stopped delivering our mail and expect us to go in and pick it up ourselves, we also never got an official notice telling us to do so! She also says our mail been piling up at the post office and we don't go pick it up. If that's true, that means since the end of our last mail hold in the Summer until 11 days ago, they haven't been bringing us all our mail then. I filed a complaint online. Tried to call the official 800# and it was 2 hours hold!!

So I finally get an email from the post office, some guy who identifies himself as a supervisor but he didn't say whether he was with the local post office branch that serves my neighborhood or if he is at the Central post office in downtown or even in Washington DC.

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. I regret learning of the inconvenience you have experienced.

The carrier will hold your mail as requested whenever you wish.  In addition, the mail will be delivered to your address as requested.  Please make sure you have a secure mailbox for the mail to be delivered to. If you have a hold, the mail will be delivered by the carrier and there is no need for you to pick it up yourself.

Thank you for the opportunity to address this matter with you. Please accept our sincere apology for any inconvenience this matter may have caused you.

No explanation whatsoever on what happened, why our mail delivery was stopped, and why they said we had mail on hold for months at at time when not only did we not, their website doesn't even allow such thing to be possible.

Sounds like the typical government screw you and now go away scripted email.

Also when I spoke with them on the 17th, 3 days ago, the lady told me my mail was stopped because I wasn't picking up my mail for months which is not true and it's piling up at the post office.

I only have not been getting mail for 11 days. She told me the mail would resume on the 18th now that I have called them.

I did get mail on the 18th and 19th and today. Nothing but advertisement.

No First Class mail.

So where is all that mail she claim I didn't pick up for months and that's piled up at the post office?

Is it either non existent or it did exist and did they destroy it which by itself is a Federal crime.

Edited by j7wild

No One couldn't be that dumb.... except for this guy who is dumber !!

:D

https://abcnews.go.com/US/oregon-man-stealing-bike-front-police-station-immediately/story?id=60104735

I hope he doesn't procreate and will have no offsprings when he leaves this planet..

Edited by j7wild

Someone over new year weekend tried to rob my Dad and Aunt Carolyn. The took the saddlebags off Dads' motorcycle, and the next morning at 3am, tried to steal more stuff.

Luckily he didn't realize my dad and aunt drink coffee at 3am before dad goes to work, so dad took his rifle out there and the guy hauled ass down the driveway. He dropped his knife while running so dad gave it to my aunt.

People just don't care anymore.  And the law protects thier asses, while punish the ones who defend against the thieves.

• 3 weeks later...

Watching Man's Greatest Food.

This is the $10 Surf N Turf burrito at JV's Mexican Restaurant in San Diego, California.

It's over a dozen medium tiger shrimps, 2 lbs of beef carne asada, 1/2 a lbs of rice, plus quacamole, wrapped in 2 giant tortillas, deep fried and then served with enchilada red chili sauce and shredded cheese on top.

That is ridiculous!

Anyone who eats the whole thing without sharing it with at least 3-4 people is crazy!!

d9514f1101670564.jpg

ecee831101670574.jpg

3cc2f81101670584.jpg

eac2b71101670594.jpg

Edited by j7wild

• 3 weeks later...

Again with these calls marked Grand Prairie.

Used to get them last year almost every couple of days, always in afternoon between 4-7, always an exchange # that starts with a 77 or 78 (469-78#-#### or 469-77#-####) but always a different # showing on the caller ID.

Always 2 calls within a couple minutes of each other.

Never leave a voice mail.

I called one back one time using one of the websites that lets you make free phone calls and send texts for free and got "# you are trying to reach is disconnected" message.

I block each # every time and I have about 200 of them in my block list:

again, all starting with 469-78# and 469-77#. 

Then I stopped getting these calls about end of October.

It started back up last week and now it's every other morning between 8-10. 

I don't answer them  (or answer any calls that don't show up on my caller ID as an already saved contact) when it rings but it's still very annoying.

p.s. I just got this phone # about March of last year when I bought a new iPhone. I never had these calls from Grand Prairie on my old # on the old iPhone I had for almost 4 years.

Edited by j7wild