Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum

LARA CROFT ONLINE HOME PAGE

The Rant Thread

TR252

I've been getting a lot of calls and texts from political parties requesting me to do surveys and 'vote for them' at the next elections lately. Funny, I don't recall giving them permission to contact me, let alone try to solicit a vote from me.

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Very annoying! I politely told the last one to get a real job that doesn't involve pestering people, and that if they called me again I'd be placing a complaint with the AEC informing them that their political party is making unwarranted calls to solicit votes at the next election. Tax dollars hard at work.

• 3 weeks later...

On the phone with Capital One about one of our credit cards and I can't understand 2/3 of what the guy is telling me.

He is speaking at 100 mph and he has a strong Indian (from India, not Indian as in Native American Indian) accent.

Don't any of these companies hire any Americans anymore?

Someone who can speak English properly and clearly enunciate every word?

Capital One sent me a survey which is useless since there is no where in it for me to write in a comment.

Nowadays when you call customer service for any company: wireless, cable, credit card, bank, electric, even Safeway or Kroger, etc, you will get one of these survey in your email.

I delete all of them and never fill them out.

Some you will never hear from them again while others will keep resending for the next couple of weeks reminding you that you've forgotten to complete their survey.

IF YOU DO fill it out and tell them where they need to make changes and improve, THEY ARE NOT GOING TO DO IT!

So why waste my time doing it?

2ac17c1154345644.jpg

Edited by j7wild

I'm currently torn between leaving my workplace or staying on and biting my tongue. For the last six months I have worked my butt off there (even though I have been ill), to the point of covering shifts, swapping shifts if requested, running the store by myself for late night shopping, etc. I even jumped in to cover the absence of the manager and 2IC for over two weeks, assisting in covering their hours and workload.

Last week everything went back to normal, and I received my roster for the month...one shift a week, for three to four hours.

So they go from over working you to only giving you 3-4 hours each week for the whole month?

They make the entire month schedule in advance?

I would talk to whoever is in charge before quitting.

They know you can't live on one 3-4 hour shift per month.

Whoever is in charge won't correct the situation after you have spoken with him/her/them, go over their head.

But never quit a job until you have another job.

Edited by j7wild

I've been told is it's "due to budgeting", which is ridiculous, and that's from the manager, who got it from the area manager, who got it from head office. And the three hours a week I've been given are just the hours that nobody else wants. I know for a fact that I am the only employee who has this single shift a week, everyone else has quite a full week in comparison. I honestly don't feel wanted there.

I've applied for several other positions, and have had a couple of interviews, so I have my fingers crossed.

So when they want you to cover their shifts so they can go play Ferris Bueller's Days Off, they make you work to death and when they don't need you, they cut your hours to nothing.

I would leave but again not before finding another job.

How long can you collect unemployment for?

If this happened in Texas, you are automatically given unemployment insurance because your employer changed the 'contract' of your job description.

Thanks J7. I think I'm going to give my notice and move on -- I was actually thinking about a note I found the other day from one of the other employees mentioning they won't be available next month as they're heading overseas for a holiday. I also noticed on the roster that they've been given the extra shifts which I would usually be given, such as lunch covers...so they'll be wanting me to do cover next month, I guarantee it, and it hardly seems fair that I should have to struggle for the month while someone else makes extra money to go on holiday.

Like you said J7, cover so they can go all Ferris Bueller.

Oh, and another one was being told that I need to get my KPIs up -- well that's very hard to do when you get three hours a week, and at hours when there are hardly any customers.

Edited by Morph

On 3/7/2019 at 2:51 AM, j7wild said:

Capital One sent me a survey which is useless since there is no where in it for me to write in a comment.

Some you will never hear from them again while others will keep resending for the next couple of weeks reminding you that you've forgotten to complete their survey.

Got up just now, checked my email, and another exact survey was emailed to me at 3 am.

Send to Trash!

Reading Morphie's situation, it makes me think:

I am so glad I am self employed and own my own company and I am the boss, a fair and caring boss too.

I will never do to my employees what some of the employers I worked for when I was younger did to me.

I don't think I can ever work for anyone again especially nowadays just about everywhere you go, you notice the person in charge is someone 30 years younger than me who doesn't know diddly squat but they think they are God.

Most of them have no business skills, very little training, no people skills, no customer service skills.

For example a month ago I bought a 9 piece box of fried chicken for lunch.

Bit into one piece and it was raw. Bit into another piece and it was also raw. I didn't even bother to check the rest. 

I drove back to the restaurant and showed the cashier and she said: that's not good. Let me get the manager to replace it for you. She calls the manager who is this Hispanic kid that couldn't be older than 19.

Do you know what he did? He took a look at it and asked me what do you want to do about it?

I told him I want you to replace it with chicken that is cooked thoroughly or refund my money.

He wouldn't do it.

On my receipt, at the bottom of it, there was a name and a phone # printed and underneath it, it read District Manager.

So I pick up the phone and call him while I was still at the restaurant standing in front of the manager.

I told him and explained to him what happened including his Manager not doing the right thing and he said:

"why are you calling me?

Just tell Adrian (the manager) to replace it or to give you a refund."

I said: you tell him because he is not listening to me and I hand my phone to Adrian.

Gee whiz. All that work and time and gas wasn't even worth the 9 pieces box of chicken or the refund of the $9.73 I paid for it.

So again, I don't think I can work for anyone nowadays at my age especially if I have to take orders from some 20 years old who doesn't know anything and who doesn't know how to speak to people.

p.s.

I posted a review of this experience on YELP, GOOGLE and OpenTable.

There are also complaints by other reviewers about this restaurant's poor customer service and food and products quality issues.t

I also submitted a complaint ticket to the Houston Health Department Restaurant Inspection division.

The restaurant in question hasn't been inspected in over 4 months and their last 2 inspections last year were both C.

Edited by j7wild

There isn't a week that goes by that I don't run into stupid clueless lack of common sense people whether it's people that come to my business or people I come across when I deal with a business that I give my money to.

Did these people had poor parenting? Poor schooling? Or were they dropped on their heads when they were babies or just born dumb?

What is this world coming to?

• 4 months later...

I seen some websites that put cookies that do not expire until 10 years or 20 years or even once, 50 years from now.

But this one beats them all.

This is the image site I use to host the film quiz images on.

7980 years from now. as if this computer and the internet will still be up and running then.

dc800b1284131954.jpg 

Some of the cookies are crazy on some sites.

Instead of grouping all of them under the same website name, there is a couple of site (IGN or WebMD or Ranker or one of the online news sites) that put a bunch of numbers in front of each one.

So it will be ####.nameofthesite.

When I go into the cookies list, instead of being able to delete all the cookies under nameofthesite with a single click, I will have to scroll down the entire cookie list and delete each one with a click

One of those sites not only does that, it also put a ton of cookies on your computer just for opening one single webpage on their sites.

Anywhere from 90 to 150 cookies.

It leaves me no choice but to delete ALL cookies instead of deleting 90-150 cookies one at a time with one mouse click at a time - which means I will have to log back into all the websites I visit regularly like Lara Croft or my email and so on.

What they are doing should be illegal!!

Edited by J7Dada

I have my browser set to not allow third party cookies but as you can see, cookies are still added to my browser cookies history. Also some websites will not even let you log in much less just see the site if you don't allow third party cookies.

Then there is the constant message I get now from almost every website: the message that's over the entire screen saying this site requires your acceptance of cookies to make your experience even better.

How is it going to make my experience better? If if's a E-Commerce site, by accepting the cookie, will it give me special buy one get one free deals? First order free? NOPE.

Those cookies are just there to spy on you.

If you don't click OK, you can't even see the site. ALTHOUGH I have found that the browser extension I added to my browser called REMOVE OVERLAY sometimes let you remove that message without clicking OK and still have access to the whole site.

Then there are some sites that put so many cookies, each one under different names, up to 10 different names, just for visiting their site once, like AT&T and Time Warner Cable or my Bank.

Why do they need so many when all I did was log in to view my latest bill?