Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum
TR252

The Rant Thread

then when the light turns green, he goes straight; if you are not gonna make a right turn, DO NOT hold up the right lane, get in the CENTER lane

I got news for ya. If my turn is a half block past that intersection. I'll be in the right lane, waiting for the light to change.

Perhaps some drivers should just slow down and learn a bit of patience.

If you get upset over something this trivial, you got bigger problems.

I got news for ya. If my turn is a half block past that intersection. I'll be in the right lane, waiting for the light to change.

Perhaps some drivers should just slow down and learn a bit of patience.

If you get upset over something this trivial, you got bigger problems.

I gotta get to the Ice Cream and Donut Shoppe!!

;)

Here's a "rant" that gets worse with each year......

It's not BAD ENOUGH that the stores put Christmas stuff out at Halloween, but just this past Saturday, we were out doing some shopping & they are already playing Christmas MUSIC in the stores!!!!

At least they could wait until the big sales the day after Thanksgiving.......

It's madness, i tell you, just madness!!!!

:angry::blink:

Here's a "rant" that gets worse with each year......

It's not BAD ENOUGH that the stores put Christmas stuff out at Halloween, but just this past Saturday, we were out doing some shopping & they are already playing Christmas MUSIC in the stores!!!!

At least they could wait until the big sales the day after Thanksgiving.......

It's madness, i tell you, just madness!!!!

:angry::blink:

have you turned your Radio on lately?

a local Soft Rock Radio Station is already playing Christmas Music starting 2 weeks ago and they will play nothing but Christmas and Holiday Music until December 31st.

^_^

*sigh* so ok where to start... I'm not much of a person to rant about stuff, but I'll just put off my "look at the bright side" attitude for now, 'cause something's been bothering me the whole freaking day!

Dunno if you guys heard about the scandal in Spain recently (at least y'all in Europe lol), that some hundred driving instructors got their licenses taken from them because apparently they were not qualified to do the job, i.e. teach ppl how to drive and therefore not fully capable of telling who should pass and who shouldn't? Then thousands and thousands of ppl who failed and had those driving instructors could ask to redo their exams?...

Ok, this to say... I wish that happened in Portugal too!

A friend of mine is/was taking her driver's license and today was her driving exam. From what she told me her lessons were like I really had the feeling she wouldn't pass it (of course I never said this, I just offered to help her out and gave her support). So yeah, she failed. At first it made me sad but then really pissed off; her driving instructor SUCKS! She practically didn't do any parking in her lessons, barely worked the things she had most trouble with, like the point of clutch... *sigh* I mean, if the person teaching you is not there to actually try to make a good driver out of you, what's the point? If you are there to teach, why don't you TEACH??

On a different note... My PC blew up - almost literally - my motherboard burned! Got no pc at home, all because of a night of thunder and lightning. The weather's causing some much damage now, esp. up here in the North. Oh well... one can't control mother nature eh?

Fresh from work last night I have to tell ya'll this. I had a couple of guys come through drive thru and their order total was $5.09. So the driver hands me one of our $5 Taco Bell gift certificates, now here's the clincher...the guy in the passenger seat hands him his debit card and says to debit $0.09 on it for the change. $.09 folks!!!!! I mean are people so cheap these days they won't carry change on them.

I won't even use my debit card for that, that is just ridiculous to me.

Fresh from work last night I have to tell ya'll this. I had a couple of guys come through drive thru and their order total was $5.09. So the driver hands me one of our $5 Taco Bell gift certificates, now here's the clincher...the guy in the passenger seat hands him his debit card and says to debit $0.09 on it for the change. $.09 folks!!!!! I mean are people so cheap these days they won't carry change on them.

I won't even use my debit card for that, that is just ridiculous to me.

I bet they'd have found it if they'd searched down the back of the seats.

you know what's annoying?

Andrea and I were at dinner at a Chinese Restaurant tonite and this woman 2 tables next to us kept talking loud with her friend;

the funny thing about it we never heard one peep from her friend; the loud woman did all the talking.

That's as bad as talking loud in a movie!!

I'm not saying she is not allowed to have a conversation while eating dinner but don't be so loud!!

:rolleyes:

This is from working at the Marriott Hotel

Why is it that every time i want to sit down, have a smoke, i am always called in to work, but when the get to sit on their butts while i was working, they still have me doing crap that they could have done. Only becasue they sit at the computer, doing that stupid fantasy football and one is a supervisor and the other is a pion like me, but he gets to stay on the computer WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY !!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I HATE VIRUSES!

Havent been on much recently.. Had a virus since thursday night. Its getting sorted... but.. ARGH!

I HATE VIRUSES!

Havent been on much recently.. Had a virus since thursday night. Its getting sorted... but.. ARGH!

Hope you feel better soon TR252

Wait..

Sorry! I meant Computer Viruses. :lol:

But thanks for your wishes anyway... :)

LOL - well I hope you feel better about your PC now and it's all sorted.

(Although as J7 has you down as a girl in the Christmas at LCO Towers thread you must be feeling a bit out of sorts anyway LOL)

LOL - well I hope you feel better about your PC now and it's all sorted.

(Although as J7 has you down as a girl in the Christmas at LCO Towers thread you must be feeling a bit out of sorts anyway LOL)

:lol::lol::lol:

I have something to rant about. The bloody heat!!

It's currently Summer here, and I hate Summer. On Saturday it was 39 degrees, and today was probably around 30 degrees.

I feel like I'm melting...sort of, lol.

*sigh* I miss Winter...

:P I miss summer. Even though I love Winter, Christmas etc...

:P I miss summer. Even though I love Winter, Christmas etc...

lol :lol:

It's getting warm now, and it's 3am, lol.

A couple nights ago at work....for the record I work at Taco Bell....

I took a call from a guy who was really upset about his order being wrong...to the point he was cussing at me on the phone....During his rant I must've counted him saying the F word (ya'll know what word I am talking about) about a dozen times. Even though I did answer him at one point, when I tried to suggest to him that we'd replace his order he said "I don't want to listen. If I have to come back, I'll kill someone." and he hung up.

If your so mad that you won't listen to someone, why call in the first place? :angry: :angry: :angry:

A couple nights ago at work....for the record I work at Taco Bell....

I took a call from a guy who was really upset about his order being wrong...to the point he was cussing at me on the phone....During his rant I must've counted him saying the F word (ya'll know what word I am talking about) about a dozen times. Even though I did answer him at one point, when I tried to suggest to him that we'd replace his order he said "I don't want to listen. If I have to come back, I'll kill someone." and he hung up.

If your so mad that you won't listen to someone, why call in the first place? :angry: :angry: :angry:

First off, let me just say that it's obvious that this customer has some other issues, and if you have his name, you can report him to the police. At least where I live, that's considered a threat.

I think people like him call just to make you feel bad. They want to belittle you into changing your ways so you can improve your service. They don't want satisfaction/refunds/replacements, just to hurt & upset you so you'll know better the next time. Instead, all they do is make you angry and offended, and in my experience, the mistake wasn't even a little worth this much anger. I've have people practically want to rip my head off over a fine that's under $1.00! (I work in a library.)

You did your best -- you tried to fix the problem and replace his order. There's nothing else you could've done.

You are right, that's what he did when he called. I did feel angered afterwards. I'm a shift manager and all I can do is apologize to people and replace the order, no matter how mad a customer is.

Even though I was mad, I could only suck it up and move on. Saying something to retaliate would not only get me nowhere, it would've also meant I could lose my job.

I've have people practically want to rip my head off over a fine that's under $1.00! (I work in a library.)

I had a customer one time called an employee of mine a racist remark over a $2 late charge and when I went up to see if I could help him in any way, he told me to go to H*** and threw his video rental membership card at me.

So I politely asked him to leave the store and don't come back.

He refused to leave and challenged me saying that I had to make him (he was looking for a fight) as in I will have to physically drag him out and he kept saying "Bring it on!!";

When I asked him again to leave in a higher and firmer tone of voice; he got irate and tried to climb over the video rental counter (which is set 2 feet off the ground).

So I called the Police and he said:

"go ahead, call the Police, you are all going to jail".

The Police came in no time and I told them:

"I just want him to leave and not ever come back but he got irate and physically threatened us"

So they took him to jail for disorderly conduct, assault by threat, verbal abuse and criminal trespassing.

What an idiot!!

Not only that, everything was captured on Digital Disc in full color and sound!!

The officers told me I could had shot him to protect myself, my employees and my store and it would be 100% justified and within my rights (which I knew I could but I held back).

That guy was lucky I didn't!!

:lol:

Edited by j7wild

First off, let me just say that it's obvious that this customer has some other issues, and if you have his name, you can report him to the police. At least where I live, that's considered a threat.

I think people like him call just to make you feel bad. They want to belittle you into changing your ways so you can improve your service. They don't want satisfaction/refunds/replacements, just to hurt & upset you so you'll know better the next time. Instead, all they do is make you angry and offended, and in my experience, the mistake wasn't even a little worth this much anger. I've have people practically want to rip my head off over a fine that's under $1.00! (I work in a library.)

You did your best -- you tried to fix the problem and replace his order. There's nothing else you could've done.

Sorry this is a little late, Blade. You certainly don't have to take that sort of abuse. I'll always talk to people politely and try to calm them down, but if they aren't interested in listening and continue to swear at me, I'll ask them if they want to travel on one of our trains, when they say "yes" I'll advise them that if they don't behave the only place they'll be going is to catch a bus instead. Sometimes people only listen to you if you speak to them as they are to you (leaving out the swear words, but adjusting you tone of voice) :angry:

I'm so mad right now. My sister came home early from school and she was really upset.

The reason she came home early? There was a boy picking on her. She couldn't find one of her books in her locker right away, so of course Mr. Impatient had to be a smart***. He opened his locker and smacked her in the head with the door on purpose!! Then he had the nerve to keep going. He's only been at the school for a few weeks and they're in the same classes together, so he's never met any of us before this. He said something about her, and then about our Mum! He doesn't even know us! What the hell!?

My sis really got upset when he said something about Mum. She didn't care about anything else, it was just what he said about our Mum. She can't remember what it was but it must've been bad if she got that upset about it.

So, then he pushed her! And she ran into her friends as a result. So she grabbed him and elbowed him in the gut. She told me it really didn't do anything because he's huge. Um, let's see in my sisters words he's a "Fatty Boom-ba", lol.

Then she went looking for my friend who still goes there. She would've beaten that little brat. But, she couldn't be found anywhere. So my sis ended up telling the co-ordinators and all they've done is given him detention and made him move his locker somewhere else. Then one of the other teachers stuck up for him aswell!!

What I don't understand is, why didn't she fight back? I mean, really fight back! I've seen her do it before. If someone annoys her enough, she has them pinned against the wall ready to punch the living daylight out of them - And they we're all boys too, lol.

Apparently my sister isn't the only one on the receiving end of this kids "anger management problems". He's been doing and saying stuff to other kids aswell. Kick him out already!!

Man, I tell ya, if I was still a student there, that kid would've been bloodied up real good, with both his arms broken. I know I might sound harsh by saying that, but I'd protect my sisters from anyone. Too bad I can't beat him up, I'd get charged, lol. :angry::angry: