TR252

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well i have something to rant about.  My day at work is one i'd rather forget about. To start off my boss didn't bother to call and let her opening manager know that she had a doctor appointment. It wasn't until after the opening manager was supposed to get off work at 2pm that she found out from another manager at another store that our GM was told by her doctor to not work the entire week. Pretty bad example of communication, right? On top of that there were 3 people out, one didn't know she had to work today and she had no one to watch her kids. A GM from another store had to come to our store just to let the opening manager go home.

I

• 1 month later...

3x the modem shut down and rebooted in past 2 hours.
I have Pace PLC 5031 Modem
I call AT&T and first the lady ask me for a phone # just in case we get disconnected.
Then she wants to say the # I gave her is not on file, do you want me to update your account information and add this phone #?
I said no. So she says she can't give me any technical support if I don't allow her to update my account information.
So i said transfer me to the different tier to escalation and she says there is no such thing, no one HIGHER than her.
I tell her BS, I've been dealing with AT&T for over 13 years and there is such thing, you are going to talk to me whether I update my phone # info or NOT.
She gives in and goes through her technical support hoops and shuts down the modem from her end and reboot it and she wants to say there are no issues, maybe IT'S MY COMPUTER.
I tell her I have had no issue with this internet connection and the modem. Time to last boot will be 3-4 months until today it shuts down and rebooted 3 times in past 2 hours.
I also told her a web site is showing 31 reported outages with AT&T since 8 am:
She CLAIMS if there is a repair or replacement going on in the AT&T network in my area, she will have that information on her screen.
I called BS on her again. I said if someone is replacing a server or equipment somewhere in my area, they are not going to send out a message to her technical support department (she is in a call center outside the USA so she CLAIMS) to let her know there is a repair in progress in my city and there maybe possible outages.
Looking at my posting history on an online internet support forum, the LAST time I posted anything about my AT&T Uverse Internet Connection giving me problem was in October 2015. That's how long my modem has been working without shutting itself down.
So the outcome of my 45 min long call is:
1. she says there is no issue on her end and she also tested my modem from her end by shutting it down and rebooting it remotely and there is nothing wrong with the modem
2. she says the fault is in my computer - always the customer's equipment that's causing the problem
3. she was surprised when I told her my modem has been connected and working fine for 5 months and I never reboot it - she says it should be manually rebooted every month and furthermore, it's not good to leave the modem and my computer on 24/7. I told her the only time I shut either one of them or both of them down is if I know there is a major thunderstorm coming and I unplug everything.
4. since she can't find anything wrong with the modem remotely and she is not seeing any repairs being done on the AT&T network anywhere, not just in my area, she will not ESCALATE it to the next TIER support - which 40 min earlier at the beginning of our telephone conversation she CLAIMS it DOESN'T EXIST because THERE IS NO ONE HIGHER THAN HER.
5. she says she will call me back in 30 min to see if the internet is still on and she doesn't think it will drop again because AGAIN, THERE IS NOTHING WRONG with the MODEM or the AT&T network.
AT&T basic Technical Support at 1 800 288 2020 is DUCKING useless! I posted it on their FACEBOOK PAGE 10 times for everyone to see how useless they are!

Never heard of that happening. I would try taking a can of air and cleaning it inside. Might be dust causing it to overheat and it's rebooting to protect itself like a pc.

Also I would shut it down for awhile to cool off and reset it's memory. Can't hurt really and worth a try.

1 hour ago, Morpheanne said:

So a 45 minute call yields no answers...that sounds about right.

Do you know where the main cable connected to the modem runs from?

You mean from the phone jack in my living room to the modem or from the outside to my house?

There is a gray box on the side of my house that has a pad lock on it and it's marked AT&T and there is also a tan and orange post shaped thing at the corner with a locked cover on it and that's also marked AT&T.

The modem has not shut down and rebooted on its own since right before I called AT&T.

My friend says they were probably doing a firmware update, there is no telling what AT&T does. Their company is so bloated no one knows what's going on except to give long time loyal pay on time customers like myself a hard time when we call them.

The whole thing about not wanting to give me any technical support because I would not allow her to put the phone # I was calling them from, which is different than the phone # they have on file in my account, into my account profile was totally ludicrous.

Edited by j7wild

• 2 weeks later...

Did it all come good, J7?

You're still entitled to tech support, as long as you can confirm who you are it doesn't matter what number you're calling from. How ridiculous.

I meant to reply to this the other day, lol.

1. she says there is no issue on her end and she also tested my modem from her end by shutting it down and rebooting it remotely and there is nothing wrong with the modem
2. she says the fault is in my computer - always the customer's equipment that's causing the problem
3. she was surprised when I told her my modem has been connected and working fine for 5 months and I never reboot it - she says it should be manually rebooted every month and furthermore, it's not good to leave the modem and my computer on 24/7. I told her the only time I shut either one of them or both of them down is if I know there is a major thunderstorm coming and I unplug everything.
4. since she can't find anything wrong with the modem remotely and she is not seeing any repairs being done on the AT&T network anywhere, not just in my area, she will not ESCALATE it to the next TIER support - which 40 min earlier at the beginning of our telephone conversation she CLAIMS it DOESN'T EXIST because THERE IS NO ONE HIGHER THAN HER.
5. she says she will call me back in 30 min to see if the internet is still on and she doesn't think it will drop again because AGAIN, THERE IS NOTHING WRONG with the MODEM or the AT&T network.

1. Remotely rebooting a modem doesn't do anything. It's no different from pushing the power button, or accessing the modem settings yourself and clicking reboot.

2. It's always the computer - I've had "there is something wrong with your computer" so many times, I just reply "okay, so a few computers and game consoles all have the same problem...that makes sense".

3. I have never heard of rebooting every month - I find it can help if the connection seems sluggish, rebooting resets the line. Apart from that it's not necessary, why reboot if it's running properly?

4. Most tech support doesn't get much further than that in my experience. I've had to get a telecommunications ombudsman to handle faults on my behalf with three different ISPs.

5. Did she call back? My internet speed dropped to 0.71mbps last week, completely unusable, and it was nothing on my end, I never got a call back, lol.

She never called me back and I wasn't holding my breath - I knew she wouldn't call me back.

The only time I shut down the modem and computer is if I know there is a bad thunderstorm front coming and I unplug everything.

I have expensive surge protectors with $100,000 guarantee but I am still not taking chances.

If you go into my modem settings, you will see Last Boot and a date and that date is usually 5-6 months ago.

I agree! Rebooting is unnecessary. I told her if it's working fine, why reboot it? It's like if it's not broken, why fix it?

• 4 months later...

This really isn't a rant. But i wanted to say something on here  instead of facebook. So most of you know i've been working at Taco Bell most of my life. Yesterday i got a call from a representative of Bed, Bath and Beyond. They were having a job fair, to hire in new associates for their new store. I went to said job fair. i filled out an application there, and after a short interview, i was filling out paperwork as a newly hired associate. I go to the new hire orientation on September 1 from 10am-12pm. Then on September 19th i officially start working at Bed, Bath and Beyond. So I'm getting out of the fast food business, its time i learned something new.

• 1 month later...

Well i should've known better than to take a job with a company that is moving to a new location. Today was the "end of the road", as i was told after i had clocked out and asking whether i would be kept on to work. So i'm not going back to Taco Bell just yet, i'm going out tomorrow to put in applications. I'm looking into Target, Sam's Club..pretty much any retail store. My dad gave me a bit of advice when i do put in applications.He said i should ask for the store manager, and i should introduce myself and tell the manager i put in an application and that i hope they will consider hiring me.

So i do know i'll get a paycheck from bed bath and beyond, they will mail it to me.

• 1 year later...

I called their 888 phone # on Friday the 20th to get a quote on doing a move out cleaning for October 30th. The gentleman that answered said the call was forwarded to him because the lady that answers the 888 phone # was not at the phone. He said he doesn't know what the schedule for the 30th looks like because he is not at the office and will get back with me the next day, Saturday, to give me the available times. The next morning I get a text telling me to confirm our appointment for the 30th for the afternoon and from the screenshots below of the texts, you can see my reply to him saying I wasn't given any available choices. That's it? He is just going to schedule without checking with me first.

Then I told him I wasn't happy with our conversation yesterday when I called him because when he answered the phone, after I asked him about getting an appointment with him and his prices, he IMMEDIATELY ask me WHAT my FIRST language was? He didn't even answer my question about his prices and whether he was available on the 30th. I replied what do you mean? He replies Where are you from? I answered: I am an American. He said No you are not, you have an accent. Where's your accent from? So I told him what does it matter? He replies: Do you speak Spanish? I said NO, I don't. He said then we may have a problem. SO when he text me on Saturday morning confirming an appointment without giving me a choice of times first, I brought up that subject and you can see from his replies to me that this person has poor customer service skills, admit that he likes to speak to his customers including the ones HE HAS NEVER (OR JUST) MET about POLITICS, which is totally inappropriate, and that he also says he likes to know where people are from or their background so he CLAIMS HE may better serve them or if it doesn't match, up to his expectation or if the customer doesn't speak Spanish then he won't be able to service them properly.

Why do I need to be able to speak Spanish? His crew shows up, cleans and leave. They know what their job and duties, are, I don't need to tell them what to do or how it's done!

I think he is prejudice if you don't speak Spanish! What does it matter what language I speak or don't speak?

Then to ask me where I am from and tell me NO YOU ARE NOT AN AMERICAN BECAUSE YOU HAVE AN ACCENT, HOW DUCKING IGNORANT IS THAT?

You go to Boston and they have an accent. You go to Ohio and they have an accent. If you live in California and you come to Texas or go to Lousiana or Mississippi, we have a southern accent.

I have a friend, born in the USA. he is WHITE, but he was raised in just about every country in Asia and Europe because his parents were in the US Miitary from the time he was 1 to the time he was in his late 20's. He speaks Chinese, Japanese, Korean plus German and French. He didn't return to the USA for the first time until he was almost 32 and he speaks with an accent, combination of Asian and European

So read the texts and decide for yourself!

kqvmmseu87uk.jpg

Edited by j7wild

So I ended up calling a different cleaning service and 2 ladies came out yesterday and in 4 hours they cleaned the entire house, everything in every room and bathrooms and closets including ceiling fan blades, both sides of every panel of every mini blind, window sills, and dust and dirt that accumulated on any edges protruding out from the wall of moldings and baseboards.

It was so clean I wanted to move back!!

Oh I didn’t have to tell them what to do. I open the door, let them in, told them to call me 15 min before they are done and I’ll return to check and then pay them.

They weren’t even Hispanic so it didn’t matter if I spoke Spanish or not. They were African and they understood my English.

When I did the check of the entire house before paying them, I didn’t find anything that they could had missed.

They even wash all the windows inside and out and the bathtubs and shower stalls looked brand new.

Amazing what those 2 women accomplished in only 4 hours.

Edited by j7wild

• 3 months later...

SFGATE is Worse website ever! AVOID!!

Every day I open news google several times a day and it gives me a summary of all the major US, World, Business, Technology, Science, Medical, Entertainment, Health, Science news headlines of the day, updated as they happened, each story with several top results websites to choose from.

https://news.google.com/news/headlines?ned=us&gl=US&hl=en

I looked at it a couple of hours ago and there was a news headline about immigration and the top result was a website named SFGATE dot com.

So I clicked it.

My browser opened it in a new tab and the page was loading but it was slow loading.

On the bottom left corner I could see waiting for a long garbled letters and numbers and then loading and then waiting for and again another long garbled letters and numbers.

It went on and on for a couple of minutes or longer before the whole webpage loaded with all the text and photos and embedded videos and so on and the process of waiting and loading on the bottom left corner was no longer showing.

But out a whim I decided to look into Chrome browser cookie pages which is listed in alphabetical order in 2 parts.

First part is any website that doesn't have www. in front of its URL and second part is any website that has www. in front of its URL.

Under the first part, all those long garbled letters and numbers waiting and loading earlier were showing up individually each as one occurence, each one showing putting about a dozen or so cookies on my computer.

Then still under the first part, SFGATE is showing up as putting 183 cookies on my computer.

Scrolling down the list of all the websites I visited that have put cookies on my computer, I finally got to www DOT SFGATE and under there, another 97 cookies.

Under each occurence, Chrome allows you to click on a drop down menu next to it to see in depth what each of those dozens and dozens and 183 and 97 cookies were;

tthen it goes one step further and allows you to view detailed information on each individual cookie where you will see the date and time it was put on your computer and the date and time that cookie expires.

Just picking out a couple of those cookies at random to view them in more details, the expiration date of those cookies were 2020 and 2022 and I presume the rest of them will show the same thing.

WHAT THE HECK???

I have Malwarebytes and Bit Defender Total Security full version and all kind of add ons on Chrome like no script, privacy badger, uBlock origin, do not track, ad block, etc and I also have Google Setting for cookies changed to do not allow 3rd party cookies but websites still have to put cookies on your computer to be able to view the site.

Just like LCO put cookies on my computer but there is only one instance of it under www. and only 6 cookies and that is fine.

What SFGate did is ridiculous!!

Download Linux Lite you can boot to it live without installing it and when you reboot pull out the stick or cd dvd and your back to windows.

You won't need any of those things. there are two flavors for creating a bootable usb stick one  two  or burn an ISO image to a CD or DVD or USB Stick.

Then you can browse the web with firefox or chromium and be fine. Down the road if you like it you can an install it but you'll lose windows.

Years ago up until Windows 7 there was an installer for windows that allowed them to work side by side but since Windows 10 they haven't made any.

Subscene website sucks!

It's a subtitles website. You go there and download subtitles in different languages for movies and tv shows.

I have been a member there for years and I have contributed my shares of subtitles.

Other members download them and they rate them as good and working or as bad and not working.

In the last year there is a new site that has opened up and are also posting subtitles: psagmeno.

Most of their English subtitles do not work correctly even if you match them up to the exact version of the movie you are watching:

lines out of sync, lines that do not match dialogue spoken on screen, mispelled words, poor grammar, etc etc

It's AS IF they don't have any basic command of the English language and yet they are contributing English subtitles.

Not only do they have their own website hosting their subtitles, they also been posting them on Subscene.

Therefore if I come across a subtitles that doesn't work properly, I will rate it BAD and many of the ones I rated BAD in the last few months were from them.

It's not my fault that the subtitles I just happened to download for a particular movie or TV show were from them.

Considering they are flooding the Subscene website with their subtitles and many of the long time contributors have left the site, it's not hard to not download one of their subtitles every time.

Well, I logged in yesterday and all the subtitles I uploaded to the site in the past 6 years have been deleted.

They are all rated GOOD and not one has been rated BAD.

Some of them have even been downloaded 5000-6000 times with nothing but GOOD ratings and many of them have been on the site as little time as last week to as long as 6 years.

Well, the folks at psagmeno complained to the administrators saying I rated their subtitles bad and asked that everything I contributed be deleted - without checking them.

How do you check them? Download the movie or TV episode and then download the subtitles I posted for them and play the movie or TV episode and see if it works or not.

Total Bull S!

Edited by j7wild