Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum
TR252

The Rant Thread

aaw *hugs* - don't let the odd few nasty comments get you down Blade - focus on the positive - I've only been in my new job a couple of weeks and i've already been sworn at by 2 parents - lol!

you've done well to become a shift manager, try and hang in there, or ask for a pay-rise.

Stay Happy!

:lol:

Shame Blade, sounds like you're having a rough time. It's not easy being understaffed, I know :( I only worked for a few months in a fast food place, but that was enough for me. Good luck, I hope things work out brilliantly for you.

Good luck, Blade. I can certainly relate to your problems....Just try to keep it together ubtil you find another job! :mellow:

How can people be so bloody ignorant/naive?.....Guys, it's been said before, and I'm gonna say it again, this place is like a breath of fresh air. I have just spent the best part of a 4-page thread trying to justify how I'm doing my job as a Mod on another Forum, and all the other members can see is the forum "trouble makers" side of the story...(we are clearly doing our job properly btw) It really does bug me....Oh well, rant over I guess. Grrrrr.

:angry: I'm Pissed, Super Pissed! Mongo pissed do I even dare to say SUPER MONGO PISSED! why yes, yes I do!

The reason I'm soo angry today is because I just found out that my favorite place to dirtbike is going to be closed for the season!!!!!!!!!!!

I have no idea what their problem is I want to ride! Its just soo cruel and unfare MOTOCROSS IS MY PASSION and I get sad and depressed without it so this really is not fair at all they are DESTROYING INNOCENT LIVES like mine! I'm gonna go cry now buh bye.

-------------------------------------------------

~ Luv,

AVENGALYNE!

:angry: I'm Pissed, Super Pissed! Mongo pissed do I even dare to say SUPER MONGO PISSED! why yes, yes I do!

The reason I'm soo angry today is because I just found out that my favorite place to dirtbike is going to be closed for the season!!!!!!!!!!!

I have no idea what their problem is I want to ride! Its just soo cruel and unfare MOTOCROSS IS MY PASSION and I get sad and depressed without it so this really is not fair at all they are DESTROYING INNOCENT LIVES like mine! I'm gonna go cry now buh bye.

-------------------------------------------------

~ Luv,

AVENGALYNE!

Well look at the positive side....you have more Tomb Raider time....

Well look at the positive side....you have more Tomb Raider time....

i don't think that will cheer her up that much, as she says motocross is her passion. but hey Avengalyne don't be to depressed yet, i'll bet there will be another peace of land you can use to carrie on doing your thing: motocross.

Thanks Dark Wizard. thanks Slamboy

I'm sure I'll find some place to ride.... I hope.

---------------------------------------------

Luv,

~AVENGALYNE!

Anyway I took my Father to the Airport today so he can go back to San Diego.

On the way home from the Airport (IAH about 30 miles north of my house on the North side of the County), I was sitting at the light on the main road that goes out of the Airport to connect to the Tollway.

The car (My Lexus) just died, I tried to restart it and nothing:

didn't crank, instrument panels didn't light up.

I had to call Lexus Roadside assistance and because I was so far up there, it took them 2 hours :upset: to get to me with a tow truck.

It was 90 and sunny Hot today and I was able to push the car off the road to a Gas Station parking lot with the help of a couple passing drivers.

The tow truck driver tried to jump start the car and it still didn't start;

so I had him tow the car to the dealership for repair while I took an expensive taxicab ride home.

What is going on with this car?

It's less than 2 years old and it's a Lexus!!

:(:angry:

They better tell me tomorrow when they call me that's the repair is covered by the warranty!!

:rolleyes:

well they say it's the Battery; it was leaking acid which got the battery post cables corotted and it's not covered by the warranty.

the car is only 2 years old which means the battery is only 2 years old;

is it normal for a battery to be leaking at only 2 years old?

:huh:

the whole job to change out the battery and the cables going to cost me $180!!

:blink:

That sucks j7 :(

I don't know much about car batteries at all, but could it have leaked because it was overfilled?

That sucks j7 :(

I don't know much about car batteries at all, but could it have leaked because it was overfilled?

the battery leaked because of the Heat and Humidity in Houston;

I had to spend $180 to get a new battery and 2 new cables (positive and negative) and the labor for installation!!

:angry:

Edited by j7wild

a 2-year warrantly on a new car should include all parts and labour (as mine does), especially the battery.

If the battery was heat damaged, couldn't you claim on your insurance? Then again, you'd have to pay the excess so probably not worth it.

maybe u should look for a sealed battery with a charge indicator and u should not have any problems with spillage :angry2:

post-6908-1179317333_thumb.jpg

Guest fusion0001

Why do we have to work? why do we have to learn? life is too short to work and learn i would rather be dumb and have a good time living than be smart and uptight and work. :(

Why do we have to work? why do we have to learn? life is too short to work and learn i would rather be dumb and have a good time living than be smart and uptight and work. :(

lol awwww me too :mellow:

...i would rather be dumb and have a good time living...

you can't have a good time for long if you don't have any money

:mellow:

well they say it's the Battery; it was leaking acid which got the battery post cables corotted and it's not covered by the warranty.

the car is only 2 years old which means the battery is only 2 years old;

is it normal for a battery to be leaking at only 2 years old?

:huh:

the whole job to change out the battery and the cables going to cost me $180!!

:blink:

Sometimes parts just fail. I'm surprised that the battery isn't covered under warrenty as they usually cover all parts that aren't 'wear & tear' items, of which at 2-yrs old, your battery shouldn't be.....arguably. I also fail to see how the car couldn't be jump started, unless the leads were excessively corroded, in which case the warrenty certainly should have covered it! At least you had a hand to push the car when it wouldn't start, I requested the help of a person last year when my car done the same thing and he refused.

At least you had a hand to push the car when it wouldn't start, I requested the help of a person last year when my car done the same thing and he refused.

:angry: some people eh.

People don't seem to look out for each other any more. I was walking through Liverpool after the footy the other night, and honestly, it was like a bad day in Beirut. There were some big fights kicking off because some coked up scallies were on the rampage. I saw some lad getting beat up and people were just walking past. Now I wasn't going to interfere, as my last confrontation with scallies ended up with me in hozzie! But I went and found some police to tell them what was goin' on. They said.. "Thanks for letting us know".. and then carried on talking. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they were putting some plans together to deal with the crowds but it was very fustrating. Seeing people fighting like that made me far more sad than the result of the game

I saw an item on the news the other day, I think it was in Liverpool, a student had filmed his mates 'breaking in' to their own house (climbing into a side window) and 'stealing' a cardboard box. Whilst 4 or 5 Community policeman were standing chatting at the front of the house totally oblivious. :lol:

It must be on the web somewhere but I can't find it.

:angry: some people eh.

People don't seem to look out for each other any more. I was walking through Liverpool after the footy the other night, and honestly, it was like a bad day in Beirut. There were some big fights kicking off because some coked up scallies were on the rampage. I saw some lad getting beat up and people were just walking past. Now I wasn't going to interfere, as my last confrontation with scallies ended up with me in hozzie! But I went and found some police to tell them what was goin' on. They said.. "Thanks for letting us know".. and then carried on talking. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they were putting some plans together to deal with the crowds but it was very fustrating. Seeing people fighting like that made me far more sad than the result of the game

It's a sad world these days mate! With the knife/gun culture as it is now, not many people would intervene...you done the right thing. If I see it kicking off on a train I'll only intervene if i'm confident I can handle the situation, or if there's other innocent people at danger. Otherwise it's not worth it really!

In my opinion, there are 2 main reasons why people don't look out for each other anymore:

They're worried about retaliation

or

They believe the authorities won't be effective (like in what you mentioned, Raek)

We've had a lot of fighting & yelling/cursing at the library where I work. Yes, I said yelling in the library, lol. Twice I've been involved in calling the cops, the second being tonight. The first time was about a stolen bike, which falls outside our 'liability'. I tried to be helpful, and it just ended up with the kid wanting another kid's name so she & her friends could track down who she thought stole the bike. Yeah, my boss loved that one.

Tonight, we had kids fighting, cursing, and yelling...my boss called the cops for me (finally), and when they caught the kid who started it (he ran, of course), he said he was just playing. Sure, "I'm going to just wait here till he comes out and then I'll get him"...is what he said to me when we kicked him out. The cops let him go. Great...he'll be back. And who's he going to be mad at???

Still, all in all, I think it's better to get involved. I'm keeping my hope that someone will get helped that way. I use the police as the last resort...but waiting in the library doorway to jump a kid is more than even the nicest person should take.

Sorry everyone, I'm done. :mellow:

Wow, AJ, the library sure attracts some dodgy people :blink: lol, I would never have dreamed of making a scene in a library when I was a kid. I was very well-trained that libraries mean quiet :lol:

I did some part-time work at a hotel that had a restaurant/bar downstairs, and I occasionally ended up having to call the police on idiot drunk people. One guy once broke a glass over the barman's head (while the barman's back was turned). Another time a couple got into a bit of a tiff and started throwing bottles and glasses at each other :lol: Thank goodness I worked reception and didn't have to deal directly with the idiot drunks like the people who worked in the restaurant did.