Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum

LARA CROFT ONLINE HOME PAGE

How many people would buy a ps3 just to play TR8?

shuuun10123

would you buy a ps3 to play tr8?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. just wanted to know

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

i voted yes... but actually i wouldnt but a PS3 just for TR though, i want to buy a PS3 anyways cause i love PS i love gaming and in like maby 2 years they wont be selling PS2 games anymore so than i gotta move on anyway LOL.

but ofcurse i want to keep playing TR aswell so that would be one of games among many other games wich are the reason i would buy a PS3 :D

I don't NEED a PS3 until Tomb Raider 8 comes out, but after I get it, I'll certainly make good use of it with all those other awesome games out there.

I voted yes. Shame on me! lol :lol: Well I guess theres no shame in being a TR fan...sooo... yay go me! :woho:

Lotta money though :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...
Just wanted to see how many people would buy a ps3 to play tr8 to me it is rediculous :wub:

actually theres this one guy who's almost willing to buy an Xbox360 and paddles and Halo 3, and come to think of it, so am i, caus i am one he** of a Halo fan!

well, buying a PS3 and a PS3 paddle just to play Tomb Raider 8 is a definit NO

Of course I would! I bought Game Cube just for Resident Evil 0 and I love TR way more.

I don't think it's ridiculous, it a game that entertains me so much more than other games.. What's the difference between buying it for playing three or four different titles if I have the same fun playing TR all day long?

:angry2: Hey i have the first ps2 and it has been calibrated 2times and is still going strong and my boys hammer it when playing games so if i had to buy a ps3 to play TR8 i would , I think that the PS3 is the the cheapest blueray player ive seen in australia . :angry2:

post-6908-1189315524_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...

Personally I think the PC is becoming a way to go. You make the investment of a good pc then you have the tools

to buy pc games and save your money on somthing else. PC's are all fast and a video card is a cheap upgrade as

well as ram. If you try to keep up with all the systems you'll end up in the poorhouse or in serious debt lol.

Also if you can buy used. Used games are just as good as new and even systems used are good. I have yet to

get a dud game or system that was used. Will I buy a ps3 ? Eventually but I am in no hurry and TRU for PS3

will have to have special features and content for me to get one just for Tomb Raider. I bought a 360 for TRL

and I loved it but as I said the pc is a lot of fun too especially when you can tweak it and download saved games!!

i would totally buy a PS3 for TR8! TR is really the only game I play (besides Harvest Moon) and I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!! I play it all the time and I never get bored of it! TR8 is definetely worth buying a PS3 for! You can't be a real TR fan if you would say otherwise. Even though I do understand if it is a matter of money. I'm a little strapped for cash myself!

TR8 is definetely worth buying a PS3 for! You can't be a real TR fan if you would say otherwise.

That comment is a little unfair surely - I have never even played on a playstation (any game) and we do have PS2 in the house, I own and have played all the TR games on the PC and enjoyed everyone of them. Does that somehow not make me a TR fan! <_<

I don't necessarily think you need a PS3 to be a TR Fan, I have to agree with AngelR, as long as you play the games; that's good enough for me.

I am one of those lucky people to have a PS3, and I of course will be buying TR: Underworld on it. A PS3 in the long run is a good investment though, in my opinion. It does have a Blu Ray Player (And the cheapest one around), and they've predicted that the PS4 is not near to being released for at least another 10 years (ack, I'll be 30!), so there's longevity in the system at least, plus you update it regularly, so there's always going to be new content on the machine, and also being online is free (a part from of course the cost of your initial broadband bill).

But to answer the question of the thread, I don't think buying a PS3 just for TR is a good investment, it's cheaper, I would imagine, to upgrade your PC or get an X-Box (No matter how much I don't like them) to play it instead. I'd only buy the PS3 if I wanted the features it offers, or was interested in the games released or to be released in the future.

MsC

I didn't mean to offend anyone with my previous comment about the PS3. I have only played games on the PS2 so I didn't even think about the pc. I am SRRY! I just want to experience the game on the highest quality I can get . Ifyou like the pc better than that is what is good for you. Srry!

I voted yes...

But not just for TR. When the PS3 first came out I wasn't all that interested in getting one because there was no titles I was interested in. But now that I know TR is being released on PS3 and now there's a few good titles out there like Uncharted: Drake's fortune, Assassins Creed, Heavenly sword... Oh,and Resident Evil 5 later in the year. I really wouldn't mind getting one now.

Only they're very expensive and then I'd have to get a HD telly...It's gonna be severely painful for my wallet :blink:

I agree with Ms.Croft I guess in the long run it would be a good investment.

Edited by Controlled Chaos

buying a console for one game is ridiculous, but guys underworld is gonna be on the ps2 aswell so theres no need at all to buy one just for it lol

I voted maybe cause I might buy one for tomb raider (even though i could get it on PS2) but I will inevitably end up with one anyway one day. but some games aren't being released on PS2 any more, so its time to upgrade (its a maybe again cause i might not get the money)

• 2 weeks later...
I didn't mean to offend anyone with my previous comment about the PS3. I have only played games on the PS2 so I didn't even think about the pc. I am SRRY! I just want to experience the game on the highest quality I can get . Ifyou like the pc better than that is what is good for you. Srry!

If you want to experience TR8 on the highest quality, the PC version is still the way to go. I have both the 360 and the PS3, and the graphics don't come close to what a good pc with the latest hardware (CPU and video card) can produce (eg. Crysis). When a pc game is properly tweaked, it wil run and play flawlessly.

Personally, I'll be getting the PC version.

Edited by jedicri

• 1 month later...

I voted no only because i already have a xbox 360 so i can already play TR8. Previously i only had a pc to play my games on

So glad i have a game system now