Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum

LARA CROFT ONLINE HOME PAGE

What should we do if our computer doesn't meet the computer specs that Tomb Raider Underworld need?

Edwin Marcel

Hey guys....

Well, hi! My name is Marcel and as a newbie and a huge, great fan of Tomb Raider series.. For all time, I've been playing all of Tomb Raider games on my Computer.. But, after seeing the screenshots for Tomb Raider Underworld, It breaks my heart. It isn't because i don't like the game, but "WHAT SPECS OF COMPUTER THAT WILL MEET THE SPECS FOR THE BEST QUALITY OF TOMB RAIDER UNDERWORLD?"

My computer specs is..

Intel Pentium IV 3.0Ghz

RAM : 1Gb

VGA : NVIDIA Geforce 6600 Gt 256 Mb

With that specs, i hardly play Tomb Raider Legend in Next-Gen Mode..

And after I see those Screenshots....

O M G!! :wacko:

To be honest... I lived In Indonesia and The Computer parts to upgrade is so expensive.... :angry:

Do you have answer for my problem..

'Cause, I'm afraid that my computer's won't meet the specs,, even the minimum specs....

Nb: I have a PS2 but In every website,, Tomb Raider Underworld will be release on XBOX 360, PS3, and PC..

And PC Is the most affordable one...

Help..Me...

Thank's....

• 4 weeks later...

i dont know what to tell you but it depends on your financial situation

if you do not want to spend a lot of money i recommend actually getting a game system as they are around $350 USA dollars for 360.Im not sure about ps3 price (I dont know translation for money if you are not in USA sorry hehe)

TRU will also be coming out for ps2 i hear which is around $130 or so USA dollars

I hope this helps

I was in the same boat so i know how you feel...I prefer to play TR on PC but with all this next gen stuff i just had to switch cuz its too darn expensive

sorry...i hope this helps...i know its frustrating lol

RAID ON

anyone else have any suggestions...i am open to them as well...please

Edited by trfan518

You shouldn't need to worry if you are not too bothered about next-gen Graphics. Crystal Dynamics are making Tomb Raider Underworld compatible with last-gen graphics, so to make it simple, if you can play TR:Legend and Anniversary without a problem, you can run TR:Underworld as well.

Hope that eases your worries,

MsC

You shouldn't need to worry if you are not too bothered about next-gen Graphics. Crystal Dynamics are making Tomb Raider Underworld compatible with last-gen graphics, so to make it simple, if you can play TR:Legend and Anniversary without a problem, you can run TR:Underworld as well.

Hope that eases your worries,

MsC

I heard it was supposed to be only next gen though?

Or am i wrong...i thought it was all next gen...from pics thats what it looks like anyways

Originally it was meant to be only next-gen, but I think after seeing many people complaining that they won't have a next-gen console or PC powerful enough to run it, Eidos/CD decided to make it last-gen as well....plus that's more sales to them.

MsC

Originally it was meant to be only next-gen, but I think after seeing many people complaining that they won't have a next-gen console or PC powerful enough to run it, Eidos/CD decided to make it last-gen as well....plus that's more sales to them.

MsC

do you know if that was confirmed???

Yes, it's official news, there's a thread about it in this section of the board. This is the reason that Tomb Raider: Underworld has been delayed back to December 08, rather than June 08.

http://www.tombnews.com/news/2008011001/

Nothing will be removed gameplay wise, they'll just remove things like particle effects, detailed weather, terrain, foliage, polygon count, etc.

MsC

EDIT: Further proof can be found on the official Tomb Raider website, www.tombraider.com in the news section. Click 'Read More' in the Tomb Raider: Underworld sub-heading dated 31/01/2008.

Edited by Ms.Croft

Yes, it's official news, there's a thread about it in this section of the board. This is the reason that Tomb Raider: Underworld has been delayed back to December 08, rather than June 08.

Nothing will be removed gameplay wise, they'll just remove things like particle effects, detailed weather, terrain, foliage, polygon count, etc.

MsC

EDIT: Further proof can be found on the official Tomb Raider website, www.tombraider.com in the news section. Click 'Read More' in the Tomb Raider: Underworld sub-heading dated 31/01/2008.

I still say they might change their minds about PS2, so I'm not taking it as confirmed yet.

As for the reason why, it was a financial decision shipping to stores, not a move directed towards gamers.

The December 26 (Christmas day) release was also a financial decision.

The time when unwanted gifts are exchanged.

Say your girlfriend gets you a neck tie and your sister buys you a sweater, Eidos is hoping you will exchange these items for Tomb Raider Underworld, as it will have a limited Christmas mail-in rebate.

Or the smarter thing would be to release it before Christmas when you actually buy gifts such as Tomb Raider: Underworld...

Besides, I have no idea where you heard December 26th from, all it says is that it is being released Christmas 08, which spans from Mid-November, to the end of December retail wise. Also, why release it on a day when the majority of shops (In England) are closed including electronic shops. Whatever date you've read is un-official so I wouldn't take it seriously.

Also, they wouldn't change their minds about a confirmed thing such as releasing it on PS2 now, it's too late to make decisions like this after announcing it and then annoying so many gamers by changing it--they wouldn't risk losing their audience like that especially since it could affect the money they earn.

MsC

Edited by Ms.Croft

Or the smarter thing would be to release it before Christmas when you actually buy gifts such as Tomb Raider: Underworld...

Besides, I have no idea where you heard December 26th from, all it says is that it is being released Christmas 08, which spans from Mid-November, to the end of December retail wise. Also, why release it on a day when the majority of shops (In England) are closed including electronic shops. Whatever date you've read is un-official so I wouldn't take it seriously.

Also, they wouldn't change their minds about a confirmed thing such as releasing it on PS2 now, it's too late to make decisions like this after announcing it and then annoying so many gamers by changing it--they wouldn't risk losing their audience like that especially since it could affect the money they earn.

MsC

I would link you, but I'll just tell you:

The exact date was not specified in the article, however they did say Christmas, talked about returning gifts, and mentioned a rebate (rebate is not confirmed, may be store coupon).

If you read between the lines (which one blogger did) the date is set for Christmas day (why they don't have it on Chanukah I don't know).

To my knowledge the PS2/Nintendo Wii version, the PSP/Nintendo DS version, the X-Box/PS2/PC version, and the Xbox 360/PS3 version will not be in the same bundle.

A lot of people always wonder if they'll be able to play the next game on their current pc or the pc they played the last game on.

I always tell them you can't stop the wheels of progress and if you want to keep up with the Jone's it costs money.

You'll be able to play it but most likely not be able to enjoy all the extras and might have to turn some content off to have a

smoother game and especially if you want to kick in a next gen feature if that is offered. My sister just got a quad core pc

with a 512 video card and 22 inch wide screen and it plays all games smooth as silk. Am I jealous? A little lol but I do know

If you wanna keep in the race and play the games you need the car with the fastest engine. Beef up the ram and the card and

cross your fingers because I bet at Eidos they probably are using one of those pc's my sister just got. :rolleyes:

I would link you, but I'll just tell you:

The exact date was not specified in the article, however they did say Christmas, talked about returning gifts, and mentioned a rebate (rebate is not confirmed, may be store coupon).

If you read between the lines (which one blogger did) the date is set for Christmas day (why they don't have it on Chanukah I don't know).

To my knowledge the PS2/Nintendo Wii version, the PSP/Nintendo DS version, the X-Box/PS2/PC version, and the Xbox 360/PS3 version will not be in the same bundle.

Could you please provide us with a link?

I'm not saying I don't believe you, I think it's only fair on myself and members of the forum here to see where you got this information from, otherwise it's speculation and can cause confusion among members.

I agree, Tom, though I think it only fair that companies like Eidos with games that run in a series as popular as TR do make them multi-generational for a while as it'll take some people a while to get their next-gen consoles.

MsC

Could you please provide us with a link?

I'm not saying I don't believe you, I think it's only fair on myself and members of the forum here to see where you got this information from, otherwise it's speculation and can cause confusion among members.

I agree, Tom, though I think it only fair that companies like Eidos with games that run in a series as popular as TR do make them multi-generational for a while as it'll take some people a while to get their next-gen consoles.

MsC

That's the thing, I can't remember where I read it (I'll look some more), but the fact that they were talking about gift returns makes me suspicious.

MsC

I can see what your saying

So it will still be next gen for those who have a system or pc that can handle it??

I hope so cuz i got a 360 recently

I can see what your saying

So it will still be next gen for those who have a system or pc that can handle it??

I hope so cuz i got a 360 recently

Yes, exactly.

Like Tomb Raider: Legend, if your PC can handle the Next-Gen Graphics, I would imagine there's an option to turn it on, however if ya can't, it'll be in last-gen graphics and the option greyed out.

MsC

thanks a lot guys for replying my topic...

But, I've sent this topic since 3 or maybe 4 weeks ago..

And the confirmation about "where would T.R.U will be release?" It doesn't confirmed yet..

Lots of TR forums and sites were saying that Crystal Dynamics and Eidos will release the TRU only in 3 Platforms which is in PS3, XBOX 360 and PC...

But, later on.. there's a new information that claims T.R.U will be release on PS2, D.S, etc...

Don't blame me for these issue,,

I'm sure that everyone else out there were confused too about where it'll be release on?

Because, EIDOS and Crystal Dynamics haven't gave too much clarification 'bout this topic...

But anyway,, thank you very much for replying my topic..

And It do really help me!!

Cheers!!

I don't think CD will remove graphic options mentioned above, optional to be sure, but to not have them coded in?.... for we're talking developing games for the 360, PS3 and the latest hardware available for the current generation on the PC; that would be counter-productive development-wise. CD will optimize the game as much as possible for different configs on the PC but they'll also take advantage of what the 360 and PS3 has to offer and what it is capable of. Now as for the PS2, they'll work within the confines (limitations) of this last gen console.

Marcel,

If you're familiar with overclocking the CPU and perhaps even your video card, this may help and even adding another stick of RAM to bring you up to 2Gb of memory will help as well.

Edited by jedicri