Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum

LARA CROFT ONLINE HOME PAGE

pickups in TR8...idea

trfan518

I have an idea....

have you noticed that in a typical TR level the medpacks and ammo and guns are just laying around right in the middle of a temple or ancient place. It seems unrealistic a bit if people just leave them laying around if the place isnt even inhabited anymore....

well...what i would do for TR 8 is just have an inventory window to buy supplies or have a room in her mansion to get supplies and they each get unlocked one by one as you meet certain requirements in the game (as far as guns go).

It would be interesting i think

Thoughts and ideas on this???

Thanks

Sounds like an interesting idea. I seem to remember that Core wanted to have you be able to buy health packs, weapons and ammo in Angel of Darkness, but that idea got excised with mostly everything else in that game :smiley:

It could make for interesting strategy if they make you choose what sort of weapons you'd like to take with you before you start a level, although you can always rob the bodies of your enemies if you want a new gun...

Guest Fusion

I think Shrensh is right rob the bodies of the few people that will be in the levels. If you could take items from the mansion i would think it would be in the menu where you select the outfit. And it would be good if you have medipacks left from the end of the level you can put them in the mansion for other levels.

i think thats a great idea robbing the bodies and getting their ammo

great idea

maybe we could, just got this idea, ... maybe if she gets cut from like a knife or something from someone your health continuous to drop until you find some medicinal herbs or plants to heal you

Of course if you're only fighting against wild animals, there won't be any bodies to rob... It's unrealistic to have weapons and piles of ammunition randomly laying around, but it's necessary for you to be able to play the game. The idea of her bleeding and losing health sounds good, kind of an upgrade on the poisoning idea from TR3 and TR4. I hope if she has depleted health they make her limp around until you can give her a health pack.

Of course if you're only fighting against wild animals, there won't be any bodies to rob... It's unrealistic to have weapons and piles of ammunition randomly laying around, but it's necessary for you to be able to play the game. The idea of her bleeding and losing health sounds good, kind of an upgrade on the poisoning idea from TR3 and TR4. I hope if she has depleted health they make her limp around until you can give her a health pack.

Thats a good idea about the limping...i really like that.

I think we would basically need a way to have some people where we can take their guns, ammo, medpacks but still have some animals to fight maybe. So we would have to have some realistic way of showing why these people or mercinaries are here even

any thoughts on this?

I have an idea....

have you noticed that in a typical TR level the medpacks and ammo and guns are just laying around right in the middle of a temple or ancient place. It seems unrealistic a bit if people just leave them laying around if the place isnt even inhabited anymore....

well...what i would do for TR 8 is just have an inventory window to buy supplies or have a room in her mansion to get supplies and they each get unlocked one by one as you meet certain requirements in the game (as far as guns go).

It would be interesting i think

Thoughts and ideas on this???

Thanks

That sounds like the objects/recipes/clothing/locations system in The Sims 2.

The mansion could also be used as a rest stop/HQ/supply shelter for updated weaponry and improved ammo (wall mounts included in trophy room).

It could even hold a map system for GPS chips used in Lara's adventures.

Are these idea threads ever brought to Crystal Dynamics?

Edited by jello

That sounds like the objects/recipes/clothing/locations system in The Sims 2.

The mansion could also be used as a rest stop/HQ/supply shelter for updated weaponry and improved ammo (wall mounts included in trophy room).

It could even hold a map system for GPS chips used in Lara's adventures.

Are these idea threads ever brought to Crystal Dynamics?

i like the idea of a inventory type of display system like sims 2...its an interesting idea for the weapon and supplies side of things

i do hope that these threads DO reach CD cuz some of us have some great ideas that maybe they havent thought of....or we may have feedback on things we liked or didnt like or what needs to be changed

any other ideas?

i like the idea of a inventory type of display system like sims 2...its an interesting idea for the weapon and supplies side of things

i do hope that these threads DO reach CD cuz some of us have some great ideas that maybe they havent thought of....or we may have feedback on things we liked or didn't like or what needs to be changed

any other ideas?

I was thinking there could be a god mode type ultimate weapon, but I think CD wants it more realistic.

If that's the case, we could make it underground nuclear missiles, which goes well with my radioactive costume idea.

I just thought of something:

Being for PS3, they would take full advantage of the Blu-ray drive and the 40 - 42 gigabytes coming out this winter (possibly autumn).

Edited by jello

I was thinking there could be a god mode type ultimate weapon, but I think CD wants it more realistic.

If that's the case, we could make it underground nuclear missiles, which goes well with my radioactive costume idea.

I just thought of something:

Being for PS3, they would take full advantage of the Blu-ray drive and the 40 - 42 gigabytes coming out this winter (possibly autumn).

oooo interesting...what is this about a radioactive costume??

the blue ray thing is true too

although they may not...have to see

oooo interesting...what is this about a radioactive costume??

You know the white and grey bee hive costumes sterilization people wear, and the rubber yellow and orange suites to go in the reactor, I was thinking some TR characters could wear those, and Lara sneaks in wearing one as well.

Edited by BPanther
Spelling Police

You know the white and grey bee hive costumes sterilization people wear, and the rubber yellow and orange suites to go in the reactor, I was thinking some TR characters could wear those, and Lara sneaks in wearing one as well.

thats interesting...what could she do with it?

maybe we can use biochemical guns and stuff on people??????

hmmmm ;)

Well I was thinking of your typical spying work ala Tomb Raider Chronicles.

[/quote

ahh yes i remember that

that would be pretty cool

it would be cool in TR 8 if we could combine other weapons or items together and things we find in the environment to add to the guns.

for example say you combine gasoline with something and you get fire!!!!!

oooooooo

what you think

Well I was thinking of your typical spying work ala Tomb Raider Chronicles.

ahh yes i remember that

it would be cool in TR 8 if we could combine other weapons or items together and things we find in the environment to add to the guns.

oooooooo

what you think

I think Core Design made Lara Croft too hardened over the years.

Toby Gard wanted her more womanly, but instead of womanly they should make her more of a pacifist, the way she originally was 1n 1996.

If her life is threatened, she will kill, but not before.

This makes not only a better story, but more realistic objects/weapons can be used.

I really do think the mansion should be incorporated in the game as part of the plot.

Lara's father had a secret passage he could go through in the library.

In the pool tunnel leading to the gym is an underwater passage leading to a hidden basement.

Each chamber can have a weapon upgrade in it, like a bayonet on a rifle that actually acts as a crossbow and trigger (includes dart lock).

ahh yes i remember that

oooooooo

what you think

I think Core Design made Lara Croft too hardened over the years.

Toby Gard wanted her more womanly, but instead of womanly they should make her more of a pacifist, the way she originally was 1n 1996.

If her life is threatened, she will kill, but not before.

This makes not only a better story, but more realistic objects/weapons can be used.

I really do think the mansion should be incorporated in the game as part of the plot.

Lara's father had a secret passage he could go through in the library.

In the pool tunnel leading to the gym is an underwater passage leading to a hidden basement.

Each chamber can have a weapon upgrade in it, like a bayonet on a rifle that actually acts as a crossbow and trigger (includes dart lock).

thats a good idea with the shotgun and the crossbow type of thing

also i think that any weapon upgrades shouldnt be dumb like strength upgrades ala AOD. hehe...just my opinion though, i didnt like those lol

• 2 weeks later...

another thing i just thought of...how much should the limit be for carrying medpacks, guns, ammo, etc.

In other words...how many med packs, guns, etc should we be able to carry maximum at one time.

what you think.

• 1 month later...
I think there should be no limit. I know it's unrealistic but it would be much easier. :angry2:

I see what your saying...but i think that would make it too easy...it has to have some limit for added challenge i think

This reminds me a bit of Resident Evil 4. You buy, upgrade, and store weapons. You bleed until you heal yourself with an herb, is also a Resident Evil thing. The limping around when she get's hurt was a Core idea for Tomb Raider AOD, but it didn't make it into the game, like everything else.

I think all of these sound like fantastic ideas, but let's not complicate it too much. We don't want to lose the focus that the game is actually about raiding tombs and solving puzzles.

It would be nice if they let you pick what items you want to bring with you when you leave the mansion. That way, depending on what you bring with you will alter the outcome of the level and how you pass it.

The only problem with Lara buying things is that it's a bit easy since she's, like, a multi-billionaire.

well if Lara is in the middle of nowhere on the other side of the world from the UK and she is in the middle of a battle and she runs low on Health Packs and Ammo, how is she going to buy supplies at a store or pick up supplies at the mansion?

Teleport?

:huh:

pick them up from the people that you kill...give them some stuff...

also you could have maybe medicinal herbs in the game that can heal you maybe?

what you think...i think it would be interesting

• 1 month later...
I hope if she has depleted health they make her limp around until you can give her a health pack.

Although I so want this to be incorporated into the game, I see a problem with it.

I assume if CD were going to add this to the game, they'd want to do it to add to the realism of it...therefore, making long jumps that require a run up wouldn't be possible if she needed to limp, so the player would need to have a healthpack handy to make it...if she could make these jumps limped it would take from the realism of it, so they kinda contradict each other.

I so want them to add this feature to the game, but I don't know how it would work well in situations like that...unless of course they added a strategically placed health pack just before long jumps.

MsC

Guest Fusion

here's something i've been thinking about, you know in anniversary how they said the classic menu was coming back where you could cycle through the guns? well i never used it once i always used the buttons to quickly change her weapons or give her help i dont want to see them again but then again i do cause in tense situations you dont have time to go into the menu for health...