Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum

LARA CROFT ONLINE HOME PAGE

TRU locations

Guest Fusion

Guest Fusion

In Tomb Raider: Underworld, Lara will be visit some beautiful locations. All the locations are new ones, Lara wasn't there ever before...

* Australia

* Easter Island

* Rome

* Vatican City

* Mexico

* Mesopotamië

In Tomb Raider: Underworld, Lara will be visit some beautiful locations. All the locations are new ones, Lara wasn't there ever before...

* Australia

* Easter Island

* Rome

* Vatican City

* Mexico

* Mesopotamia

Lara was in Rome in TRLR, and she was in Mexico in Tomb Raider Legend.

I believe she was also on Easter Island in TRLA, Mesopotamia in the original Tomb Raider, and Vatican City in Tomb Raider 2.

I don't remember her going to Australia, so that could be new, unless you count Tomb Raider Chronicles.

I haven't played Anniversary all the way through, so it might be there as well.

Lara was in Rome in TRLR, and she was in Mexico in Tomb Raider Legend.

I believe she was also on Easter Island in TRLA, Mesopotamia in the original Tomb Raider, and Vatican City in Tomb Raider 2.

I don't remember her going to Australia, so that could be new, unless you count Tomb Raider Chronicles.

I haven't played Anniversary all the way through, so it might be there as well.

Lara has been to Rome before, but in Chronicles not TRLR. She hasn't been to Mexico (TR Legend went to Peru and Bolivia, not Mexico), Easter Island (TRLA was set in Scotland, the Channel Tunnel and France), Mespotamia (Lara went to Egypt in TR1, but not the Mesopotamian region), Vatican City (the location in TR2 was Venice not Vatican City), or Australia.

I'm quite excited at the thought of going to Vatican City for some reason ^_^

Lara has been to Rome before, but in Chronicles not TRLR. She hasn't been to Mexico (TR Legend went to Peru and Bolivia, not Mexico), Easter Island (TRLA was set in Scotland, the Channel Tunnel and France), Mesopotamia (Lara went to Egypt in TR1, but not the Mesopotamian region), Vatican City (the location in TR2 was Venice not Vatican City), or Australia.

I'm quite excited at the thought of going to Vatican City for some reason ^_^

After an FMV of the people of a Mexican village quickly getting inside, locking themselves in their homes, Lara meets Nadia who is later kidnapped.

She fights in an old western town in the middle of Mexico.

She then rides her motorcycle through the Mexican desert, and finds the oasis where her friend Amanda drowned.

I'll have to play TRLR again, but I'm pretty sure Rome was in there somewhere.

In the first Tomb Raider she went to Mesopotamia in the mythical city of Kamhoon to find the magic scyon.

Easter Island was a non linear option the player takes in TRLA.

Furthermore I think (I'm not positive) AOD also had Easter Island.

I don't know the actual geographic location of Vatican City, but I think she was in Rome in TR2 which I thought the Vatican was in.

And yes, the 16 year old Lara was in Australia in TRC (helped by a pet koala and sloth).

And yes, the 16 year old Lara was in Australia in TRC (helped by a pet koala and sloth).

She goes to Ireland as teenage Lara, not Australia and those Koalas or Sloths etc are meant to be 'demons' known as "changelings". As of yet, no TR has been set in Australia, and Shrensh is right, she visits Peru and Bolivia in Tomb Raider: Legend, not Mexico.

Vatican City is a city within Rome, and although Lara visits Rome, she doesn't visit Vatican City. In fact, she doesn't visit Rome in TR:2 either, she visits The Great Wall of China, Venice, some random offshore rig, the sea, Tibet and China.

Also, I've played TR: The Lost Artefact to death and have never been to Easter Island...there's a cameo appearance of the heads (moai) that appear on Easter Island in an FMV in Tomb Raider 3, but they are found in Antartica by Willard.

I myself am quite excited about visiting Easter Island if that's true, as I've always wanted to go there and see a moai up close...though virtual.

MsC

Edited by Ms.Croft

After an FMV of the people of a Mexican village quickly getting inside, locking themselves in their homes, Lara meets Nadia who is later kidnapped.

She fights in an old western town in the middle of Mexico.

She then rides her motorcycle through the Mexican desert, and finds the oasis where her friend Amanda drowned.

I'll have to play TRLR again, but I'm pretty sure Rome was in there somewhere.

In the first Tomb Raider she went to Mesopotamia in the mythical city of Kamhoon to find the magic scyon.

Easter Island was a non linear option the player takes in TRLA.

Furthermore I think (I'm not positive) AOD also had Easter Island.

I don't know the actual geographic location of Vatican City, but I think she was in Rome in TR2 which I thought the Vatican was in.

I don't know if you're being serious here, but if you are, you're wrong. A little research using some walkthroughs, various Wikipedia articles, or even by actually playing the games, goes a long way. Plus, Egypt is not in Mesopotamia.

I don't know if you're being serious here, but if you are, you're wrong. A little research using some walkthroughs, various Wikipedia articles, or even by actually playing the games, goes a long way. Plus, Egypt is not in Mesopotamia.

I may be wrong about everything else, but this is one thing I know I'm right about.

By the way, her name is Ania (I didn't think she was Russian).

In the FMV, we see the dessert oasis with the word Mexico underneath.

It's strange that it looks like the old west.

The people locking themselves in wear sombreros.

I didn't say Egypt was in Mesopotamia.

I said she went to the city of Kahmoon which was there.

I have played the games by the way.

TR2 and TRLA on store machines, but I have all the others.

Tomb Raider Gold (didn't like the UB levels), TRLR, and TRC (with level editor).

On PS2: AOD, TR:L, and TR:A.

If TR:U is on PS2, I'll get that as well (I'm taking it as rumors and speculation).

I may be wrong about everything else, but this is one thing I know I'm right about.

By the way, her name is Ania (I didn't think she was Russian).

In the FMV, we see the dessert oasis with the word Mexico underneath.

It's strange that it looks like the old west.

The people locking themselves in wear sombreros.

These are the cutscenes you're talking about:

As you can see, it doesn't even mention Mexico and you cannot even see the people locking themselves in.

Oh, by the way, Fusion, do you have a source for the information on these locations, or where you copied and pasted it from. I'd like to read up on it, but cannot find it anywhere. Thanks!

MsC

Nope, wrong again.

Mexico isn't in the level names of TR Legend:

trl_menu.jpg

Khamoon is in Egypt, hence the hieroglyphics, the mummies and the rather noticeable sphinx:

sphinx_tr1.jpg

;)

Peru was the location where Natala Technologies discovered the scyon.

Coincidentally the Atlantian escaped from a Mexican volcanic explosion.

Anyway, Peru didn't look like that.

It looked more like Greenland.

Amanda and her dad explored Mayan Ruins long ago, and where did the Mayans come from?

Lara started the level in a Mexican village across a vast desert, riding by numerous cacti on her motorcycle.

The level ends with her getting a piece of the sword like the one she saw in Peru (part of a giant sundial).

This concludes the Peru idea, not the Peru location.

Right now, I'm stuck in Japan (can tilt bulletin board, but can't pull it down).

Here they all are:

http://www.laracroftonline.com/goodies/index.php?c=21

I'll go through them tomorrow.

Edited by jello

Errrr... what Mexican volcanic explosion? Do you mean the explosion in New Mexico, which is an American state? The one that was caused by nuclear testing?

new_mexico.jpg

Also, do you really think that Peru looks like Greenland? You do realise that Greenland is an arctic country covered in ice, right? Somewhat different to Peru.

The Incas come from South America. Inca facts.

Just because a country is located south of the US and has cactuses doesn't make it "Mexico". There's a-whole-nother continent down there. Have a look at the difference in location between Mexico (North America) and Peru and Bolivia (both in South America).

post-7-1206255170_thumb.jpg

Seriously, why are you arguing about this? I've posted proof of my claims, but you haven't even bothered to do a simple internet search to check your facts. If aren't going to show people the courtesy of backing up your arguments with facts, don't get involved discussions in the first place. It's simple manners.

Errrr... what Mexican volcanic explosion? Do you mean the explosion in New Mexico, which is an American state? The one that was caused by nuclear testing?

new_mexico.jpg

Also, do you really think that Peru looks like Greenland? You do realise that Greenland is an arctic country covered in ice, right? Somewhat different to Peru.

The Incas come from South America. Inca facts.

Just because a country is located south of the US and has cactuses doesn't make it "Mexico". There's a-whole-nother continent down there. Have a look at the difference in location between Mexico (North America) and Peru and Bolivia (both in South America).

post-7-1206255170_thumb.jpg

Seriously, why are you arguing about this? I've posted proof of my claims, but you haven't even bothered to do a simple internet search to check your facts. If aren't going to show people the courtesy of backing up your arguments with facts, don't get involved discussions in the first place. It's simple manners.

I'm not linking because this is common sense that the Tomb Raider community has overlooked.

The intro in the original Tomb Raider disk was from an atom bomb in New Mexico.

In Anniversary the intro was reworked for better graphics.

The subtitle "New Mexico" was shortened to "Mexico".

The mushroom cloud indicating nuclear testing, was no longer a part of the graphics, for it had nothing to do with the Natala Technologies storyline.

An earthquake with accompanied lava was what let the Atlantian fire demon out of her prison.

I did not say Incas (lived in Florida Keys, see Megelon), I said Mians.

The Mians are Indians who migrated to the Colorodo area from Mexico.

Yes, I know all deserts aren't the same, but don't deny the existence of Mexican deserts.

I am doing the courtesy of answering you.

If you do not like what you hear, then just drop the subject.

Nobody will think anything less of you unless you continue to go down a road where you don't want to go in the first place.

Edited by jello

I'm not linking because this is common sense that the Tomb Raider community has overlooked.

The mushroom cloud indicating nuclear testing, was no longer a part of the graphics, for it had nothing to do with the Natala Technologies storyline.

An earthquake with accompanied lava was what let the Atlantian fire demon out of her prison.

And once again, you are wrong.

newmexico_tra.jpg

Have a close look at that radioactivity warning sign.

Okay, which game are you talking about here, and where exactly in the game is the reference to Mayans? Lara references a "pre-Incan" civilisation in the

of Legend (at about 1 min in), which is the reason I mentioned Incas before. Incas lived in Bolivia and Peru, not Mexico.

Yes, I know all deserts aren't the same, but don't deny the existence of Mexican deserts.

When did I deny the existence of Mexican deserts? :smiley: You're the one who seems to think that "Mexico" is a general term for everything below the United States. Just because there's a desert in TR:L doesn't mean that it takes place in Mexico. Have you ever visited the Tomb Raider Legend official site? Go to "Game Info" then click on "Locations". Take note of the lack of a marker on Mexico.

Nobody will think anything less of you unless you continue to go down a road where you don't want to go in the first place.

You're the one making yourself look stupid by arguing about something you know nothing about, after you've already been proved wrong multiple times :smiley:

VERY well said, Shrensh!!

And might i add a few more things????

And for this whole statement:

1. It's not a matter of not liking what we hear. It's a matter of incorrect information.

2. And you are right about 1 thing & 1 thing only: Nobody will think any less of Shrensh because she is right!

And last, but certainly not least:

3. unless you continue to go down a road where you don't want to go in the first place. I don't even begin to know what you mean by this, but i can tell you that any threats or challenges of us (Mods) will not be tolerated. Which you definitely should of learned by now.

All of that being said, this ends this argument, period.

We can now continue on with this thread, LOL

Edited by Gia@LCO
If I really need to explain myself, feel free to PM me.

I'm sure Eidos won't put Lara in a place she was before unless there is a good reason for her to go back there in keeping

with a storyline. I think they work very hard to try to find interesting new locations for Lara and us to explore. I am still waiting

for them to have Lara do something in New York City hopefully someday I think that would be an adventure for sure!

• 2 weeks later...