Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum

LARA CROFT ONLINE HOME PAGE

Does Eidos deserve a clap for AOD?

Guest Fusion

Guest Fusion

I think they do, look at the (good) differences between AOD and the older games, but I think its great how they took the risk by using a brand new engine for lara and new concepts to interaction and ideas. Looking at Legend with the new engine, if the game was as long as AOD I'm sure it would be full of bugs too. I dont think enough credit went to AOD, pretty much everything in AOD was a test the same as Legend but we treated it like a game and gave negative feedback, if we thought that it was a test maybe we'd have a pretty good game with Core.

Naturally i like Crystal D more.

I dont know why I started this thread now, but I am replaying AOD

Edited by Fusion

Hmm i dunno about that one Fusion because it hard to say exactly.

When i got it for christmas a long time ago I thought it was the greatest thing, but when

i played over and over again deep down inside the adventure and rustic feeling was shot down by a missle.

I will applaud them though.

Even though i love Legend and eventually will love underworld I feel that there

is still a rustic feel missing. Maybe it's the graphics or somethin.

I can't quite put my finger on it.

Anyway i miss old lara but still like the new one.

I miss these times

(look at picture)

post-846-1211167034_thumb.jpg

Yeah i miss the old Lara too but the new Lara is really cool and the environment is way better that AOD or the other TR games but im quiet fond of AOD it was the first TR game I played. :wub::angry2:

post-7481-1211579415_thumb.jpg

• 11 months later...

I don't hate AoD, but I think it is fair to say it is not REALLY a Tomb Raider game... sure, it does have it's Tomb Raider-ish moments, but a lot of it feels like a modern, easier action/stealth game... I would love it if they remade AoD but took out all of the talking and stuff, using the Underworld engine and make enemies appear in those areas instead. :)

TRF ^_^