Everything about Movies and DVDs

Guested Account

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My first reaction to that RE: Afterlife trailer...

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!

I really can't wait to see it, and it's gonna be in 3D! WOO!!

So, as far as I know, it's Alice, plus her "ninja Alice" clones, Claire Redfield, and Chris Redfield. I was hoping to see Jill Valentine make a comeback.

But anyway, it's gonna rock, lol. September 10th!

Edited by Morph

Hmm...

I'm almost 100% certain RE: Afterlife isn't going to be good. Afterall, it's resulted in using 3D and Resident Evil 5 majini-monsters to sell itself. I still wish they'd never included Claire/Chris/Wesker...etc...etc in the first place.

However, I'll still watch it, it is Resident Evil afterall.

• 2 weeks later...

I heard Josh Stone from the RE5 game will be in the movie too. I wish Carlos Olivera didn't die in in Extinction *sigh* lol.

If anybody else likes the song in the trailer, it's by A Perfect Circle, and the song is called The Outsider. The version in the trailer is called the Resident Renhold Mix, and it's actually from the Resident Evil Apocalypse OST.

Anyone See the trailer from Clash of the titans?

It reminded me a lot of God of War.

Now i dont know if you all know the games but....

There a lot of arrangements

For example:

In the movie: Damm the gods, There is a pegasus, Medusa, giant schorpians,etc etc.

(yes greak myth)

God of war is about the same thing:

Hate for the gods, fight against medusa, flying on a pegasus, giant schorpians etc etc.

When i saw the trailer i thought it was a god of war movie.

Until i saw the movie title.

And even the story about the movie is the same as god of war.

But neverdeless i think about it to go and see it.

Edited by Crunch

We saw Clash of the Titans over Easter and we all enjoyed it - good adventure romp with great effects. It's a remake of an earlier movie (1981) and is pretty similar to that story with regard to characters, creatures etc. as well as a few new ones. So maybe that was where God Of War got the inspiration.

Saying that, when you do a film about the Gods, you are limited as to what Gods there are.

Although the Kraken (which was in both versions)is actually a Norse myth.

I have Ninja Assassin reserved on Netflix. Has anyone else here seen the movie, is it worth watching. I saw previews of it and it looks like it has a lot of action. Just tell me if its any good, don't go into any details about it.

I just finished watching The Hurt Locker. If you all haven't seen it yet, then i suggest you go rent it. I won't go into detail but the movie really deserved the Oscars it won.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

RESIDENT EVIL: AFTERLIFE

I had a feeling this would have to happen, otherwise it wouldn't have made sense at all --- JILL VALENTINE (Sienna Guillory) will be in the fourth installment of the movies. This is the version of Jill from the Resident Evil 5 game, where she was known as "Birdlady" for a while, until her face was shown.

http://shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=15318

I'm so happy Jill is in it, lol. :lol:

Yeah I'm glad Jill is in this latest sequel of Resident Evil movies. When I saw the first one, I was wondering where she was. Didn't seem right to not have her included. But I do plan to see Resident Evil: Afterlife, no critic review good or bad will keep me from it.

RESIDENT EVIL: AFTERLIFE

I had a feeling this would have to happen, otherwise it wouldn't have made sense at all --- JILL VALENTINE (Sienna Guillory) will be in the fourth installment of the movies. This is the version of Jill from the Resident Evil 5 game, where she was known as "Birdlady" for a while, until her face was shown.

http://shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=15318

I'm so happy Jill is in it, lol. :lol:

This movie just got 200% better than the last one!!

:wub:

First official movie poster:

th_74456_ResidentEvilAfterlife_122_382lo.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

OMG!

Toy Story 3 was such a nice movie.

I would've cried, but I didn't wanna make a mess.

Everyone else I was with did, though.

Who else has watched it?

• 4 weeks later...

M. Night Shyamalan’s "DEVIL"

posterxlarge.jpg

Synopsis (from Apple):

Devil is a supernatural thriller with M. Night Shyamalan’s signature touch.

IMDB

Official Site

Apple's watermarked encode of Trailer 1 located HERE, including HD in 5.1 sound.

AOL/Moviefone HD Encode of the Domestic Trailer

Facebook

QT Domestic Trailer HD 480p (42.7Mb)

QT Domestic Trailer HD 720p (77.1Mb)

QT Domestic Trailer HD 1080p (117.6Mb)

QT Domestic Trailer 1280X544 (20.8Mb)

QT Domestic Trailer 400X170 (5.0Mb)

FLV Domestic Trailer 862X367 (16.2Mb)

• 2 weeks later...

We just saw Salt on Sunday. It was great! Angelina had so many stunts in this film it was unbelievable. We watched it without the kids at first, but I think most of it would be ok for teens & up. The only intense scenes were in the very beginning. Younger kids might be a bit scared, of course it is PG-13 (in the US) for a reason. ;)

I'm wondering if there will be a sequel? (without giving spoilers -- if you see it maybe let me know if you think so too?)

If you haven't seen it...you should go! :)

Yeah i did go see Salt yesterday it was worth the money. I thought it was so good, i didn't bother to get a refill on my coke and popcorn. Just go see it is all i have to say.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Here is a list of the movies I have seen and the ones that I want to see since the last time I replied to this topic.

I have rated the movies I have seen to what I thought of them : 1-10 1 being bad/don't want to see again-10 awesome and will watch it again

1. Resident Evil: Afterlife = 10

2. The Last Exorcism = 1

3. Clash of the Titans = 6

4. Inception = 5

5. The Sorcerer's Apprentice = 7

These are the ones I want to see:

1. Devil

2. Paranormal Activity 2

3. Tron Legacy

There are other movies that I have seen and others that I want to see but I cannot remember them at the moment lol

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from seeing Resident Evil: Afterlife, in 3-D....the movie cries out for one more sequel. I won't go much into detail about the movie,just that the 3-D made it much more enjoyable to watch.