Everything about Movies and DVDs

Guested Account

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On the Bridge at the border when Ness and Malone were shooting at the oncoming car, there was a person wearing a gray coat running away behind them.

505f4c273207971.jpg bc8e37273208006.jpg b64cc7273208028.jpg bdbfc3273208053.jpg 4acb29273208084.jpg 0f3b8d273208112.jpg 0c59c7273208152.jpg

Who was that?

:undecided:

A film crew?

Poor editing?

I want to say it's one of the two bad guys they chased down afterward but it's not:

Malone chased down the ledger carrying bad guy

81d0cd273208553.jpg

and Ness chased down the other bad guy who took refuge in the cabin.

4b9a10273208569.jpg 4734fe273208620.jpg

Both of those people were wearing light colored coats.

World War Z (2013)

Another Zombie/Apocalypse/Virus Pandemic/The World Is Going To End movie...

...Is Hollywood trying to tell us something?

Anyway, I had good expectations for this film when I first saw the trailer and once again, this is another film that had a better trailer than the actual movie itself.

There are just so many plot holes, stupid plot devices, continuity issues that even suspending disbelief because you are supposed to do that when you watch a movie won't even help.

Waste of Brad Pitt and Marc Forster and also, the CGI and SFX could had used a bit more work and post production cleaning.

Now there is a talk of a sequel...

REALLY? SERIOUSLY? WHY? WHY? WHY?

:rolleyes:

2/5

• 2 weeks later...
Gravity is only 90 min?

Figure in credits and it will be about 80 min.

I am not paying $12-$16 to see it in 3D or on IMAX!

Heck, it's not even worth to see the very first show of the day for $6 in just plain digital NON 3D, NON IMAX if you can get there to make the very first show at Cinemark theatres here.

Every show in plain digital NON 3D, NON IMAX after the very first show until 6 pm is $8 and it goes up to $10.

What a rip off!!

Fast & Furious 6 (2013)

I know we are supposed to suspend some degree of disbelief when we watch a movie but this film is insulting toward the intelligent members of the audience!!

They are going to make 3 more of these movies?

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!

2/5

• 3 weeks later...
White House Down (2013)

UGH! What a bad movie!

I thought Olympus Has Fallen was bad!

This one is even worse!

Who writes these junk movies?

I gave Olympus Has Fallen 3 out of 5 stars, 1 star above A Good Day To Die Hard.

I am giving White House Down 2.25 out of 5 stars!

The Lone Ranger (2013)

In the glut of over-hyped big budget Summer movies disappointments like Pacific Rim, Iron Man 3, Man Of Steel, Star Trek Into Darkness, World War Z, White House Down, Elysium, Fast and the Furious 6 and repetitive full length animations;

Gore Verbinski's The Lone Ranger is a breath of fresh air.

This is a fun, inventive film containing panoramic cinematography of beautiful American landscape now forgotten and unexplored again;

with exciting action sequences accompanied by a rousing Hans Zimmer score and a surprisingly great performance from Johnny Depp as Tonto the Comanche Native American Indian.

Depp, who by the way is one of my least favorite actors, plays his role with so much zest and so much conviction, this is the only time I'll say he deserves an Oscar Nomination for Best Supporting Actor.

So if you are tired of the same giants robots/sea monsters/banale space travel/terrorists/zombies/Apocalyptic sci-fi/fast cars/comic books screen adaptations Summer films repetitive rehash, give The Lone Ranger a second look.

You definitely won't be disappointed!!

4.5/5

Kick-Ass 2 (2013)

The first one was fun and cute and fresh.

Not only is this sequel a big mess, it has also lost the novelty of the original movie.

Furthermore, Chloe is a teenager now.

It just not the same having Hit Girl being older.

Watching her kick ass when she was a little girls was cute.

Watching her kick ass now as a teenager is the same as watching a High School movie like Mean Girls.

Considering the Mean Girls subplot that was inserted into the storyline of this sequel, this could had been Mean Girls 3 (there was a made for TV Mean Girls 2 sequel).

Remember the first scene of Mindy and Nic together in the first movie when Nic shot her?

That scene really took me by surprise and it was a definitely a BIG "WTF?" moment!

Now you have the same scene with Mindy and Dave and you knew what was coming this time.

It wasn't fun anymore when she shot him.

I hope they don't plan a sequel.

2.5/5

Edited by J7Dadda

Despicable Me (2010)

I've finally brought myself to watch this after all these years!

Weird strange movie but cute and enjoyable!

Still don't know what those little yellow one-eyed and two-eyed workers are?

Why are they yellow and not another color?

4/5

Man of Steel (2013)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0770828/

Thank You Christopher Nolan!

First you ruined the Batman franchise.

Now you have also ruined the Superman franchise.

Is this an new unwritten rule in Hollywood that's set in stone?

Whenever they need someone to write a screenplay for a Comic to movie adaptation, you must have a hand and a say in it?

You are a hack, Nolan!

Very disappointed in this movie!

Furthermore, Lois Lane is not supposed to know Clark Kent is Superman.

Damn you Nolan.

You took 75 years of Superman history and you changed it!

Siegel and Shuster are rolling in their graves!!

1/5

• 2 weeks later...
The Lone Ranger (2013)
In the glut of over-hyped big budget Summer movies disappointments like Pacific Rim, Iron Man 3, Man Of Steel, Star Trek Into Darkness, World War Z, White House Down, Elysium, Fast and the Furious 6 and repetitive full length animations;
Gore Verbinski's The Lone Ranger is a breath of fresh air.
This is a fun, inventive film containing panoramic cinematography of beautiful American landscape now forgotten and unexplored again;
with exciting action sequences accompanied by a rousing Hans Zimmer score and a surprisingly great performance from Johnny Depp as Tonto the Comanche Native American Indian.
Depp, who by the way is one of my least favorite actors, plays his role with so much zest and so much conviction, this is the only time I'll say he deserves an Oscar Nomination for Best Supporting Actor.
So if you are tired of the same giants robots/sea monsters/banale space travel/terrorists/zombies/Apocalyptic sci-fi/fast cars/comic books screen adaptations Summer films repetitive rehash, give The Lone Ranger a second look.
You definitely won't be disappointed!!
4.5/5

I haven't seen it yet, but my room mate was Johnny Depps Stand-in in the movie and it was filmed where I live. I heard he had gone into where I worked but sadly I was off that day. :(. But it seems like a lot of big movies are being filmed here where I live.

Despicable Me (2010)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1323594/

I've finally brought myself to watch this after all these years!

Weird strange movie but cute and enjoyable!

Still don't know what those little yellow one-eyed and two-eyed workers are?

Why are they yellow and not another color?

4/5

Finally got around to watch

Despicable Me 2 (2013)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1690953/

It's even cuter than the first one!

4.5/5

The best part in the movie is still:

:D

a286b3287133524.jpg 81d8f8287133604.jpg 4076a3287133692.jpg c106b1287133761.jpg

If you like the minions, have you seen this?

Edited by J7Dadda

Paranoia (2013)

What the heck was the point of this movie?

Whose idea was to pick the director of The Ugly Truth, Legally Blonde and Killers (Ashton Kutcher, Katherine Heigl) to do a high tech corporate espionage film?

1/5

2 Guns (2013)

What a waste of talent: Wahlberg, Washington, Paxton, Ward, Olmos, Patton, Marsden, Burke!

This should had been a direct to video DVD.

After all, it felt more like a B movie than an A movie!

1.5/5

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So today i went and seen The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug

I really enjoyed it for i didn't even bother to get up to refill my drink or popcorn But left the ending open as usual, what's the next film gonna be called

So today i went and seen The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug

I really enjoyed it for i didn't even bother to get up to refill my drink or popcorn But left the ending open as usual, what's the next film gonna be called

A very fitting title to the last part of the Hobbit trilogy and also seen at the beginning of the first Lord of the Rings movie:

There and Back Again

:smiley:

I enjoyed it too.

So much more than the first one.

But I just didn't like the ending.

I was just starting to immerse myself into it without having to pay too much attention to the dialogue.

:angry2:

• 3 weeks later...
Rush (2013)

Here's another movie that was snubbed by this year's Academy Awards nominations.

I've seen Dallas Buyers Club and 12 Years A Slave and Captain Philips and The Wolf Of Wall Street and Gravity and American Hustle, 6 of the 10 Best Picture nominees of this year.

None of them moved me.

None of them made me shed any tears.

Not only did "Rush" moved me:

I had a few tears streaming down during several of the scenes.

So why is this movie overlooked by the Academy?

No Best Picture. No Best Director. No Best Actor.

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!

Ron Howard is showing why he is getting better and better as a director whenever he directs a dramatic movie.

He is in the same league as Clint Eastwood now as director.

I give this film a 5/5, not only it's a perfect score, I am also rating it .25 higher than my previous rating for 12 Years A Slave and 1.25 higher than my previous ratings for Dallas Buyers Club and The Wolf Of Wall Street.

"Inside Llewyn Davis" is another much better film than any of this year's Best Picture nominations and yet the Academy totally passed it by.

I think the Academy succumbed once again to Political Correctness and Special Interest.

They picked a movie for Best Picture because they didn't want to offend the Gay and Lesbian community and they picked another movie for Best Picture because they didn't want to be accused of Racial Discrimination.

Then they picked Gravity for Best Picture because it was commercially popular.

Edited by J7Dadda

• 2 weeks later...