Guested Account

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I agree.

I don't like the title Shatterhand either especially in the British English language, Shat means something else!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-6734987/Bond-25s-ridiculous-working-title-Shatterhand-BLASTED-fans.html

Edited by j7wild

Just finish watching all 10 Episodes of Season 2 of the Icelandic series

Ófærð aka Trapped

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3561180/

95644f1147594984.jpg 

What an intelligent. riveting, thrilling, white-knuckle suspenseful show with so many twists and turns you will never see coming:

how many secrets can a small town have and how were they able to keep them all a secret for 20 years???

WOW!!

Season 3 is already in the works.

Why can't American TV make shows like this???

10/10

Edited by j7wild

Vox Lux (2018)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5960374/

6809581153305204.jpg 

WARNING: This review contains SPOILERS!!

Plot Device or plot mechanism,

is any technique in a narrative used to move the plot forward. A contrived or arbitrary plot device may annoy or confuse the reader, causing a loss of the suspension of disbelief. However a well-crafted plot device, or one that emerges naturally from the setting or characters of the story, may be entirely accepted, or may even be unnoticed by the audience. (source: WIKI)

The first half of the movie begins with Celeste (Natalie Portman) being born in 1986.

In 1999 at the age of 13, while she was attending a public school in New York city, a student shoots up the school and in the process, injures her and kills several students including her friends.

Celeste recovers from her wounds and sings at the memorial service. Her singing gets noticed and with the help of a talent manager (Jude Law), she becomes a rising star.

The second half of the movie begins 2017, Celeste is now 21 years old:

she has put her personal tragedy of the school shooting behind her.

Celeste has become a global pop icon, a celebrity powerhouse, an American icon and she is also seen as a secular deity by millions of her fans worldwide.

She makes a music video of her latest pop single.

In it she and the troupe of dancers wear masks.

In a beach town in Croatia, a group of gunmen wearing the same exact masks shoots 14 beachgoers to death and injure many others.

The media tries to put a negative spin on Celeste by tying her music to the terrorists.

Can Celeste deal with the media and again recover from another tragedy and continue to be who she is and the musical pop star she has become and rise above it all?

Now I don't know what this movie was aiming for!!

First to use a school shooting as the plot device for the origin of the main character, the movie makers should be ashamed of themselves.

They could had used something else like maybe someone Celeste loves survives a personal battle against cancer and it inspires her to write songs and sing.

Then to start the second half of the movie with another mass shooting event just to re-elevate and rebirth her character, that's just unacceptable!!

E especially in this day and time where almost every week there is a mass shooting occuring in the USA somewhere.

Furthermore, the movie does not try to convey any solutions or explanations to why these mass shootings are occuring and what we as society can do to prevent them and to stop them from re-occuring.

The acting and dialogue is also very bland.

The singing and concert sequences were very unconvincing.

There were also several scenes where Natalie Portman came across as being bored or distant or just aloof to the whole thing:

it was as if she showed up on the set for that day of filming just so she can get a paycheck.

Why did someone as talented and straight headed as Natalie Portman even agreed to make this movie after she read the script is beyond me!

On the top of the movie poster, it reads:

"Prepare to be Vowed"

I was not Vowed one bit. I was bored while at the same time I was puzzled.

To use such controversial topic as school shooting and mass shooting as the plot device and to not make any effort to explain why such tragedies keep occuring and to not offer solutions, it just makes the entire movie quite pointless.

It also makes me question whether this film's screenwriters and director and producers have a unhealthy and morbid fascination with mass shootings.

Sorry, Natalie, you know I have always admired you, your talent, your tenacity ever since you made your critically acclaimed film debut in The Professional when you were just 13 years old:

in the the past 25 years since that film, you have made many great movies which have showcased your great acting skills and range.

But this is one time I have to say you dropped the ball with this film.

Natalie: hopefully your next film Lucy in the Sky where you play an astronaut, loosely based on these events will be better:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lisa_Nowak#Charges_of_attempted_kidnapping_at_Orlando_Airport

In the meantime I can only give your latest cinematographic appearance an:

1/5

Edited by j7wild

They sure consume a lot of alcohol on the Orville.

I don't remember hardly ever seen any Federation crew members drink in any of the Star Trek series and movies.

Only sparingly during special occasions and ceremonies and high profile meetings like in Star Trek the Undiscovered Country when the TOS crew met with the Klingon delegation.

• 4 months later...

Alita: Battle Angel - not much style, no substance. Where the $170 million budget go? A story that no one cares about. Then to have an ending that makes you feel robbed - considering they spent the entire movie talking about it and then not show it - so now you will have to wait for the sequel. The James Cameron of The Terminator, Terminator 2, Aliens and True Lies has been long gone. Even Avatar was marginal: it was nothing but a rehash of the Cowboys conquering Indians movie theme.

We obviously have a different opinion on Alita Battle Angel and Avatar. I enjoyed Alita a lot and thought the story was great.

It was heavy CGI but it was the future lol.  Was kinda like Elysium where there is a city in the sky where the rich live and the people below have it rough.

Alita was a character you really enjoyed the journey of her finding herself and who she was. Avatar was one of the best uses of CGI and 3D ever and I

can't wait to see the sequels. Imagine the care being put into them since it's taken so long 10 years so far since the first. The story was well written and

if was Cowboys and Indians I'm ok with that because Dances with Wolves is one of my favorite movies. I understand you can't please everybody and I'm sorry

you didn't enjoy them as much as I did.

Yeah it was the VPN. Even the direct link didn't work via VPN. Once I logged out of the VPN network (and I was using a VPN server in Switzerland) and connected directly using my ISP, it worked.

USING 7 of 9 to get people to watch. Per IMDB, she will only be in 1 episode, and most likely a quick short appearance. I don't even watch Star Trek Discovery. It was stupid plus you had to pay CBS All Access to watch it.

Edited by j7wild

Yeah this streaming service thing sucks. Even the Orville which I like is going to Hulu next season.

If you subscribe to every streaming service you'll go broke and if all the good shows are to be on streaming services then

what is the point of having cable anymore to have a 1000 channels of mediocre television. 

That's why I pay money for very good VPN and get a lot of this shows you have to pay to stream and watch - for free.

In the past 9 years, I have watched over 3 dozens very good TV series and Mini-Series made in other countries that will never see broadcast here in the USA, not even on Netflix or on Amazon Prime, all thanks to the free download system.

I have also watched countless numbers (at least a couple of 100) of very good movies made in other countries that will never see the inside of a U.S. movie theater or a Region 1 DVD.

Most of what Hollywood puts on TV and on the big screen nowadays is TRASH!

Edited by j7wild

Cruise learned to fly real jet fighters to make this film. So the scenes of him in the cockpit flying the jet fighter are real with Cruise in full control of the aircrafts: they were not made by putting him in a cockpit mock up and using CGI to make it look like he is flying. In Mission Impossible Fallout, he also learned to fly a helicopter. The helicopter chase scene at the end of that film, Cruise was really flying a helicopter. Cruise claims he does so because he demands realism in his movies but I think the true reason is because he is very arrogant, he wants to be in every scene and he will not allow CGI and stunt crew to create a scene when he can do it himself.

So according to this trailer, Maverick has been in the Navy for 30 years as a Naval Aviator.

Does the U.S. Navy really allows someone in his mid to late 50's to still fly Jet Fighters?

• 2 weeks later...

We saw Men In Black: International the other week.

There is a reason why they haven't made one in 7 years.

Will Smith left the franchise and he was the reason the first 3 films were so successful.

Some studio moron decides they can still make money without Smith:

"let's get the blonde guy from the Comics movies that the ladies all ooooh and aaaah over and we will sell plenty of movie tickets."

It was not funny at all, not one time.

Again!!

It's not funny because Will Smith is not in it.

As of right now the movie is a box office flop. $110 millions budget, barely made $250 millions total worldwide.