Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum
j7wild

Everything about Movies and DVDs

It was dull.

Save yourself some time and don't waste time watching it, Morphie.

New Captain Marvel Full Trailer

Am I the only one who doesn't run to the theaters whenever one of these Marvel Comics Universe movies comes out and you are like me:

I'd rather wait for the home video ?!?

Edited by j7wild

You use to have to wait a year for a dvd but now it can be as short as 3 months. I think that and high popcorn and soda prices have killed the movie theater business.

It's a lot cheaper to wait and the whole family can watch for one price for on demand.

I only saw 4 movies (2 of them being The Predator and Tomb Raider) in the theaters this year and the other were kids movies (The Incredibles 2 and Smallfoot) and we took our children to it.

Every 2018 theatrical release I've seen this year I waited for the home video or online web download.

Here another Marvel movie that's also due out next year.

:rolleyes:

Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6320628/

Edited by j7wild

I think I've only been to see three movies this year -- and they were Tomb Raider, Deadpool 2 and Jurassic World 2...it just gets too expensive. For what it costs for two tickets, I can pick up the bluray three months later cheaper.

December 10th, 1978:

That was the day almost 40 years ago that Superman was released to the theaters.

Filmed concurrently with Superman II, from a script that originally ran 550+ pages for both films and was rewrote several times to cut it down to 300 rough pages, with a budget of over $55 million, it was at the time the most expensive movie ever made.

Stuck in production hell since 1973, some of the actors that were originally considered for the role of Superman and a few of them were even offered the role of Superman were:

"Muhammad Ali :confused:, Al Pacino, Steve McQueen, Clint Eastwood and Dustin Hoffman.

Robert Redford was offered a large sum, but felt he was too famous. Burt Reynolds also turned down the role, while Sylvester Stallone was interested, but nothing ever came of it.

Paul Newman was offered his choice of roles as Superman, Lex Luthor or Jor-El for $4 million, turning down all three roles.

Olympic champion Bruce Jenner had auditioned for the title role. Patrick Wayne was cast, but dropped out when his father John Wayne was diagnosed with stomach cancer.

Both Neil Diamond and Arnold Schwarzenegger lobbied hard for the role, but were ignored. James Brolin, Lyle Waggoner, Christopher Walken, Nick Nolte, Jon Voight, and Perry King were approached. Kris Kristofferson and Charles Bronson were also considered for the title role.

James Caan said he was offered the part but turned it down. "I just couldn't wear that suit." :D

"We found guys with fabulous physique who couldn't act or wonderful actors who did not look remotely like Superman," creative consultant Tom Mankiewicz remembered. The search became so desperate that producer Ilya Salkind's wife's dentist was screen tested.

Finally, (now famous) casting director Stalmaster convinced the director and producers to have an unknown actor named Christopher Reeve screen test in February 1977 and the rest was history. 

Directors that were offered the helm of this movie or were considered to direct included George Lucas (who was busy working on Star Wars), Steven Spielberg (who already committed to Close Encounters of the Third Kind), Guy Hamilton (director of four James Bond films: Goldfinger, Diamonds Are Forever, Live and Let Die, the Man with the Golden Gun), Francis Ford Coppola, William Friedkin, Richard Lester, Peter Yates, John Guillermin, Ronald Neame and Sam Peckinpah.

Finally Richard Donner, who at the time just made the very successful The Omen, was hired as the director for both Superman and Superman II.

He filmed both films concurrently and when Superman II was almost 75% complete and Superman was only partly complete and had gone way over budget, it was decided to stop filming Superman II and concentrate on Superman - with everyone saying that the film will bomb so why even bother to finish filming Superman II."

source ^^^: WIKI[

There are 3 versions of this film that's now available on DVD.

Version 1:  1978 Theatrical Release

dc75711031081424.jpg 

Version 2: 2000 Restoration (8 minutes longer than Theatrical Release)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superman_(1978_film)#Other_editions

811dc71030961744.jpg

Version 3: Extended 1982 Television Broadcast 188 Minutes Cut aka the Director's Cut and aka the Original Version that was filmed before it was cut down for the Theatrical Release

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superman_(1978_film)#The_extended_TV_version

cea72d1030961794.jpg 

Edited by j7wild