Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum

SEARCH LARA CROFT ONLINE HOME

Tomb Raider: Underworld Teaser Trailer!

*speechless*

She does it... This must be related to her quest! Maybe she needs to disappear and be considered dead to do it?

That is intense!!

I watched it this morning at 5am (Because I had to go to London, not because I wanted to :blink: ) and I've been thinking about it all day....

I've got my theories....namely, if Lara's actually going to blow up her own house, she's either got nothing there to go back to...which suggests to me that something quite terrible happened there, especially since she laid out her guns in a 'respect' position to me....so maybe some friends are getting killed of?

Another theory...she's gone a bit dark due to an artefact maybe? The unknown entity?

My third theory...it's not THE Croft Manor we've been in...apparantely she has 3 mansions dotted around according to her new Bio...or was that Core's Bio...I always get 'em confused.

BP, I did not think about that...faking her own death...interesting. Ahhh...November, please be here when I wake up tomorrow!

MsC

EDIT:

I think it is her Mansion we've been playing now...her Gun's are laid on what looks like Zip's desk in the TR: Legend Mansion. Ohhh CD, you are evil yet brilliant!

Edited by Ms.Croft

JD, I think that's what I watched and favorited on YouTube. Oops. Ah well, just let me see it, that's all that matters. Since I'm on dial up for the moment, YouTube works a lot faster than those other sites.

It's a'still loading for me, lol.

Apparently it doesn't show any of the characters? I'm sure that'll be in the next trailers though. I really want to know if

NATALA AND AMANDA

are in the game or not!

Judging by the comments and view counts, this WILL be the best-selling Tomb Game ever, mark my word, MARK MY &*^(^ WORD! No other TR game recently has gotten this much positive attention on the Internet. It's like it's Tomb Raider II alllll over again.

I'm kind of glad it'll be a little like AOD (the dark-theme). Now, where's Mr. Kurtis Trent, is he in the Underworld?

OOPS!, hehe

AHH, LARA -- I think I've turned straight. MUHAHA!

I've got my theories....namely, if Lara's actually going to blow up her own house, she's either got nothing there to go back to...which suggests to me that something quite terrible happened there, especially since she laid out her guns in a 'respect' position to me....so maybe some friends are getting killed of?

Maybe they're killing off Zip and Alastair :D I remember that Core were planning on burning down Lara's mansion during AoD, so I was a little surprised to see that idea coming back in Underworld. Interesting, looks like the game's going to have a darker tone than Legend...

She didn't even blow up the entire manor, just the foyer. Must've been trying to destroy something (someone?) that was held in that part of the house. That or the animators just got lazy with animating the sides of the manor exploding.

:lol:

Looks kinda like a weak fire after the explosion, too. Hmm..... :glare:

Also, is her eye bleeding? Yeowch. But at least that suggests she may have just come from a fierce battle, maybe from inside the home?

(although I didn't see any bodies, but that may be CD trying not to give too much away)

:woho: Psycho Lara is back!!!! :woho:

Edited by BeansOnToast
Maybe they're killing off Zip and Alastair :D I remember that Core were planning on burning down Lara's mansion during AoD, so I was a little surprised to see that idea coming back in Underworld. Interesting, looks like the game's going to have a darker tone than Legend...

lol, that was what I was getting to...in a sick way, I kinda hope I'm right :blink:

There have been tons of theories over this already...some that are looking rather interesting that I will share:

Some people believe this is not Lara, it's some form of weird look-a-like, possible Amanda...

What sounds more realistic (If that can be possible with this theory) is that Lara's somehow travelled back in time to blow up her Manor to stop some great catastrophe...

These two theories come from the fact that Lara is wearing her pistols at the end of the CGI trailer whilst they are on the table at the beginning. This has led people to believe the Dais from TR:L is somehow playing a part in helping her get back in time...or because of the Mayans.

Another theory is that this is a somewhat darker Lara from another world that our Lara (The good one...confused yet?) released from opening portals.

Like Mike said, this really has brought back some amazing talk all across the internet...and I really hope this is gonna bring back the popularity we had with Tomb Raider 1 and 2...Lara deserves it and so do CrystalD after releasing that!

MsC

Ms. Croft those theories sound awesome. Maybe some of them are true. Perhaps, a CD dev/employee lurking on the internets, giving a lil something-something away every now and then. It's possible, believe me. lol

The blowing-up must happen fairly near the start of the game since it's in the first trailer, I think (I'll be annoyed if they've given away the ending of the game anyway, lol). The theory of her going back in time to prevent a catastrophe is interesting, but surely that sort of thing would have to happen at the end of the game... I'm leaning toward the idea that she does it to fake her death.

I see what looks like a key from St. Francis' Folly flying inward for a few seconds, although it may be a part of a clock.

Piccie:

tru_key.jpg

Bah, crappy Youtube quality. <_<

Anyway, it definately has the same design as the TRA keys, and didn't St. Francis' Folly have a Thor room? :)

Yes, that's what I'm leaning towards too...plus, she appears to be wearing her wetsuit with just trousers over the top...maybe what she finds at the end of Level 1 is what leads her to do this...

And I don't know why, but I have some weird feeling AoD is gonna be re-made, or something like that after Underworld...or at least incorporated into the story somehow.

MsC

Of course, they could always have Lara destroying the place in the very first cut-scene, and then do the whole "10 days earlier" thing so we can spend the whole game finding out why she would do such a thing...

lol amazing what such a small video can cause!! :smiley: Everyone's talking and discussing possibilities, which is great!

Glad some people share my theory! ;)

By the way, Tom uploaded a better quality video! You can check the goodies section HERE:

EDIT:

By the way, does anyone else recognize that room, where the pistols are, from Tomb Raider, the movie? The techie office?

BP

Guest Fusion

MSC I was going to reply to your message saying it is her mansion cause you can see the glass frame that was Zip's office door and the desk ETC but you added a EDIT :rolleyes: and anyone who has seen this thread at a glance and seen all the spoiler tags knows if they dont want to know anything dont read the posts so im not going to post in spoilers now

and I've been looking closely there are multiple fires one of them is coming from the front door, others from what appears to be from nowhere . I think one of the whole points in this video being in reverse is to stop up seeing something obvious. which is why im working on reversing it again

Yes, that's what I'm leaning towards too...plus, she appears to be wearing her wetsuit with just trousers over the top...maybe what she finds at the end of Level 1 is what leads her to do this...

Yeah, that's an idea.

And I don't know why, but I have some weird feeling AoD is gonna be re-made, or something like that after Underworld...or at least incorporated into the story somehow.

I'd love it if they re-made AoD, or if they don't do that if they took some of Core's ideas for the sequels and continued the story.

and I've been looking closely there are multiple fires one of them is coming from the front door, others from what appears to be from nowhere . I think one of the whole points in this video being in reverse is to stop up seeing something obvious. which is why im working on reversing it again

No worries. (not mine)

TR:U Teaser Trailer Backwards

I dunno, I don't think we were meant to watch it in reverse to discover anything else, I think it was just CrystalDs way of cleverly and slowly revealing what it is that's exploding.

I mean, when I watched the trailer for the very first time, it didn't click with me that it was the mansion exploding right until I saw the exterior shots of it forming back together...and then I kinda realised what was gonna happen when I saw Lara there, and it made it that much more shocking rather than watching her explode the house and then seeing it happen....if ya get me :wacko:

Oh this is so mean of them really lol, I'm even more confused now than I was before...but I so cannot wait for this game to come out!

MsC

Updated picture of the "key", thanks Gia :woho:

Wow! Looks cool! Lol :lol:

Of course, they could always have Lara destroying the place in the very first cut-scene, and then do the whole "10 days earlier" thing so we can spend the whole game finding out why she would do such a thing...

Yeah I was gonna say that this could be the ending, otherwise we don't get to go in her house lol :(

Anywhoo! exciting stuff :)

OH MY GOD!!!!

WOW!

I was a little scared at first that lara was in the mansion! :blink:

I feel better though because it is only a part of the mansion.

Then again fire does spread!

:blink:

Maybe she was trying to hide this special key! and frame it as someone getting to her first and she then tries to fake her death!

:blink:

The graphics are stunning!

I know Lara is a woman but her walking is a little too swishy LOL :lol:

CANT WAIIIIIIIIIIT! :woho:

LOL she woke up that morning and hated everything!

LOL LOL

I dont think she would take it to that extreme though lol

Edited by tombraiderguy's back

I don't think that's her wetsuit... her wetsuit has yellow stripes on the sides, arms and collar so it must be a completely different suit (which I don't really like by the way).

BPanther

I agree Panther.

The wetsuit color is meh.

I feel so bad for LARA man.

I wish the chick didnt have to do that like if it was nothing.

CD did says Lara is going to get really really angry......

I hope it wont be too dark of a chapter in Lara's life. I liked that happy & polite yet rude when necessary Lara.

Don't get me wrong i love psycho Lara but it hurts me (lol :lol: ) to see her do something like that!

I hope she is happy in the end :lol: