Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum

LARA CROFT ONLINE HOME PAGE

Tomb Raider: Underworld Teaser Trailer!

Shrensh

I really hope they don't make her or the game too dark! Reminds me of Prince of Persia, such a colourful game in the beginning, that ended up being too dark (eventually put me off playing)! A bit is ok.. but too much, it's not Tomb Raider anymore!

BPanther

I really hope they don't make her or the game too dark! Reminds me of Prince of Persia, such a colourful game in the beginning, that ended up being too dark (eventually put me off playing)! A bit is ok.. but too much, it's not Tomb Raider anymore!

BPanther

I don't mind Tomb Raider being "dark" (or even M Rated), as long as they handle it better than they did with AoD. With AoD, the dark atmosphere seemed so....fake. Like they were trying really hard to make it gritty, which made it just seem out of place with the other games. Lara even cursed sharply when she set of a set of harmless lasers. :rolleyes:

So as long as Lara doesn't break a nail and decide to bring out the kerosene jugs, I'm fine.

After listening to Podcast 4 again, it mentions the trailer and what they were trying to achieve with the concept of it. They mentioned that it was extremely layered...so I'm beginning to look at the metaphorical side of the trailer, as apparantely some of the 'layers' are plot points.

One thing that's got me thinking is how her guns were pretty much the only thing that survived the blast inside the house, and didn't seem to move much, but I don't know what this could signify. There's a globe that burns at one point (When the camera shoots through the balcony in the background), which could symbolise the destruction of Earth or it being brought about by Lara. Then there's the key...I really don't quite know what this is representing but it does end up outside of the Manor through the window blast if you were to reverse the scene.

This game is definitely darker...but I don't think the overall theme of the game is to be dark, just that whatever Lara's doing could have disasterous effects.

MsC

Guest Fusion

I just saw the ultra HD version and she has a detonator in her hand. I thought it was a accident that blew it up. and i've been looking closely there's alot going on

Edited by Fusion

LOL she woke up that morning and hated everything!

LOL LOL

I dont think she would take it to that extreme though lol

LOL :lol:

You never know lol! ;)

I love the walk at the end! Like, I just blew up my mansion and I don't even care lol

• 3 weeks later...

You know what would be good?

Miss Sphiere Lee

Natla

Amanda

All working together to defeat lara :P

Natla And Shiere lee are alike.. :woho::woho::lol:

awww

Poor lara her house blew up

Wat about the butler?

:( Thats really sad

cause she won;t get no tea be4 she starts her adventure.. :(

SELFISH BUTLER! :P

Cn't wait to november..

Please use the "edit" option instead of double posting! Thanks! ~~BPanther

Edited by BPanther
Double posting

I think I've been taking this trailer far too literally...

*Spoilers Ahead for those who have not watched the Gameplay Trailer*

After watching the Gameplay trailer it seems that this teaser trailer is just full of metaphors rather than major plot points:

Lara's guns were pointed at Zip's table, in the teaser trailer Lara threatens Zip with her guns.

There's a silhouette of what looks like Natla (With wings) in the ash just behind her guns, in the trailer we discover Natla is still alive.

Now I don't think Lara blowing up her house in this trailer necessarily is suggesting that Lara is going to blow up her house; rather that Lara is the cause of destruction in TR:U...possibly the destruction of Earth (A globe is burning in the teaser trailer too).

Now I just have to look at this trailer again...extremely carefully.