Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Raider Man

Thats what I don't like about Tomb Raider Underworld :I

It said that Tomb Raider Underworld will release in PS3 originally, but that also crystal dynamic will give us chance to play it in PS2, but that its not like 3, since I have the second old machine which is PS2, I am going to hate the TRUW for it, and that the graphics are awful, the moves are going to be suck, it may stuck in any level in sudden, thats what they said according to the official Tomb Raider, Core Design company, and that it sucks, we must never agree with that, Tomb Raider must have the same experience in both, so we will like it more, its awful if we keep buying Playstaion machines, why would that happen to us, teenagers :( I can't take it anymore, now with PS2 I have relaxed buying it, and now what?! PS3, and when I get it, the PS4 come and stop infront of my world also?!! Thats awful, most of people will stop being fan of TR and that what they said in most of TR unofficial forum, if they keep working in that way. TOM!! Please, I BEG YOU, Eric Lindstrom must listen to this :angry2:

Edited by Raider Man

I can agree with you 100% Raider Man. I remember watching Tomb Raider Legend and Anniversary Videos and noticed that the company only showcased the next gen graphics. It does suck a lot. I hope she wont be a stiff block. I am going to say that i am fortunate to have a PC that pulls its weight when it comes to graphics. I got Legend for the PC and turned on Next Gen. When i went to buy Anniversary and bought it for the PS2 i did see a huge difference. I agree it does suck 100% :angry:

Do you have a PC Raider Man? :huh:

Guest Fusion

If i buy im going to buy for PS2 cause its the only console i have. anyway it cant be any worse than anniversary was and I was very pleased with the graphics for PS2

It's not the fault of Eidos or Crystal Dynamics that your PS2 is outdated, Raider Man, and Eric Lindstrom isn't going to be doing anything about it. Consoles get updated every few years, that's just the way the gaming world works. Yeah the graphics on PS2 aren't going to be as good as on PS3, but since Eidos originally weren't even going to make a PS2 version they're doing you a favour by releasing a PS2 version.

... we must never agree with that, Tomb Raider must have the same experience in both ...

The only way to have the same experience in both is for them to purposefully make the PS3 graphics rubbish. They're obviously not going to do that because it makes no business sense and will understandably upset all the people who've paid lots of money for a PS3. I can understand your frustration at not being able to afford a PS3 and having to settle for second-best, but there's not much that Eidos can do about it.

I can agree with you 100% Raider Man. I remember watching Tomb Raider Legend and Anniversary Videos and noticed that the company only showcased the next gen graphics. It does suck a lot. I hope she wont be a stiff block. I am going to say that i am fortunate to have a PC that pulls its weight when it comes to graphics. I got Legend for the PC and turned on Next Gen. When i went to buy Anniversary and bought it for the PS2 i did see a huge difference. I agree it does suck 100% :angry:

Do you have a PC Raider Man? :huh:

Yes, ofcourse I do :tongue2: but I never buy games on PC, I only use the PS1, or 2 for gaming, except the original TR old version from 1 --> 5 beat them on PC, thats the only game that I can play it on PC, I use PC for internet and work in making video games with easy programs and working in some stuff like photoshop 8.0

It's not the fault of Eidos or Crystal Dynamics that your PS2 is outdated, Raider Man, and Eric Lindstrom isn't going to be doing anything about it. Consoles get updated every few years, that's just the way the gaming world works. Yeah the graphics on PS2 aren't going to be as good as on PS3, but since Eidos originally weren't even going to make a PS2 version they're doing you a favour by releasing a PS2 version.

The only way to have the same experience in both is for them to purposefully make the PS3 graphics rubbish. They're obviously not going to do that because it makes no business sense and will understandably upset all the people who've paid lots of money for a PS3. I can understand your frustration at not being able to afford a PS3 and having to settle for second-best, but there's not much that Eidos can do about it.

Even though, they must not release it in PS3, they must put the exact version for PS2, even though if alots of people have the PS3 console, but others dont have, and they are not ready for it yet, its not like that, but its all about the money, even if I get the PS3 how am I suppose to buy the TRU c.d for PS3? Its more expensive than PS2, It costs like PS2 concole, it cant be. And you said that they are doing the best to release it from both consoles right?! Well TRU is going to be the last part in PS2, Shame on them both everyone, crystal Dynamic, Eidos interactive and Core Design, SHAME ON THEM ALL!! :( :( :( :( :( I don't care who's under this but Shame on them.

Edited by Raider Man

Even though, they must not release it in PS3, they must put the exact version for PS2, even though if alots of people have the PS3 console, but others dont have, and they are not ready for it yet, its not like that, but its all about the money, even if I get the PS3 how am I suppose to buy the TRU c.d for PS3? Its more expensive than PS2, It costs like PS2 concole, it cant be. And you said that they are doing the best to release it from both consoles right?! Well TRU is going to be the last part in PS2, Shame on them both everyone, crystal Dynamic, Eidos interactive and Core Design, SHAME ON THEM ALL!! :( :( :( :( :( I don't care who's under this but Shame on them.

Why should Eidos not release a PS3 version just because you can't afford it though? They can't release the PS3 version on PS2 because it's impossible, and Eidos will never refuse to release on PS3 because they'll lose a tonne of money if they do. You get what you pay for, so if you pay a load of money for a PS3 or a very powerful computer, you'll get a much prettier game than people with a PS2 or a less powerful computer. That's just life ;)

HELLO! pls listen to yourself... what you are saying doesn't make sence. I mean TR U will also be realeased only for XBOX360 and not for the XBOX, if they would stop making games for the new consoles and only for the older consoles the graphics will never be better. That wouldn't be fair at all, and would be really bad for business. If you would have a PS3... would you even have made this thread? I think its rather selfish to say ppl with a PS3 shouldn't play TRU only cause you can't play it with todays graphics. And if PS2 graphics would be as great as PS3 are... there wouldn't even be a PS3 in the first place.

And just like Shrensh said... thats just life.

PS: if they wat to give everyone the same chance.... they must also make a TRU version for the XBOX and older PC's.... wich will cause a delay in the release date!

Edited by SlamBoy

And how, Raider-Man, when I ask you this, is it fair that I don't get a next-gen version of TR:U because I'm lucky enough to have a PS3? I paid a lot of money for that machine and saved up for months so I could play next-gen titles, and to be honest, I would be extremely annoyed if they didn't make TR: Underworld next-gen after I'm now playing next-gen games.

Also, Eidos and CD have really no choice but to upgrade to next-gen, every other games company is doing it, and if they stayed last-gen, they'd probably be losing a lot of profit on next-gen gamers, and a lot of fans.

Eidos/CD weren't originally going to put it on the PS2, so you're lucky enough in the first place that they did that for you. Besides, when the next Tomb Raider after Underworld comes out, the price of next-gen consoles then will probably have sunk even lower than they are now and you'll have time to save your money for one. You can't expect them to stay in the past because not everyone can afford to purchase a next-gen console.

MsC

Yes, the only reason they are still releasing PS2 titles - is because it brings in more money at the moment.

Guest Fusion

Who cares what the game will look like. if they cut some of the story out then i'd be complaining. when you think back to the previous games you cant remember all the detail anyway. its the story and the game play that makes a good game not the graphics so much. But I wont be buying it anyway so it doesn't matter to me

Edited by Fusion

Who cares what the game will look like. if they cut some of the story out then i'd be complaining. when you think back to the previous games you cant remember all the detail anyway. its the story and the game play that makes a good game not the graphics so much. But I wont be buying it anyway so it doesn't matter to me

Half of the appeal of Crysis and Half-Life 2 were the graphics. Those games would have hardly sold as much as they did if the graphics weren't as good as they turned out to be. Obviously, there is a consumer market out there for people who want the best graphics in their games or companies wouldn't be so focused on making their games next-gen with all these fancy new lighting effects, and multiple skin layers.

To me, graphics help the player immerse themselves in the game better, and it also allows the director/writer, etc, to tell their story better as they have the tools to do it...look at Mario games on the 2D...hardly any story, and most of it was imagination to the player...and now look at MGS4, in fact, compare MGS to MGS4 and you'll see the difference in story telling.

Yes, gameplay is important, but it's not the only thing that needs to be in a game these days, there needs to be a balance of good gameplay, good graphics, good music...atmosphere etc, that's when the games truly stand out.

Unfortunately with using last-gen graphics and technology, some things from next-gen TR: Underworld are going to be missing (Like dual-aiming apparantely), but at least fans are getting the choice to have the same story on a console they already have instead of maybe having to wait for ages to get TR:U next-gen.

MsC

I usaually don't respond to such rantings but this absolutely does not make sense.....

If your main concern is the graphics, and yes, Underworld will look like crap (relatively speaking of course) on the PS2 (sorry but I'm spoiled silly on HD graphics on my 360, PS3 and PC already), either get a PS3 or a PC gaming rig.

Edited by jedicri

No, the graphics will not look as good on ps2 than on ps3. But just be happy you get to play the game on ps2, where originally the ps2 version wouldnt be coming out.

Like Shrensh said you get what you pay for.

So you're saying that I am not going to join playing the game? you're saying that its not the original one? Are most of FMV gonna earase? According to the PS2? HUH!!! Better and better! I don't think that I am going to but on PS2 neither on PS3, I may stop one time.

Guest Fusion

Going by the title of the thread i'll add the reason i dont like underworld. And that is I dont like the engine. In fact I hate all the engines that CD have created anniversary was better but it had to many bugs. with all the new stuff she can do i'd be surprised if there aren't loads of bugs. and I dont want to pay for that I can't get to the end of anniversary any more cause of a bug where she always falls on the pole balancing.

Funny, I didn't get one single bug with Anniversary or Legend! Still, all games have one or two bugs, not always related to the engine, sometimes it's the circunstances that lead to one (computer + engine), but most of them out there have a solution, even if that's a save game or replay a part of the level!

Now I understand how hard it is to please fans. I'm sure that when they read the forums (and apparently they do it), they'll have to look for the majority and with no doubt, everyone loves the new engine and the way things are being done! So, sorry if you're a minority but if you hate the engine so much and what CD is doing with the game, I don't see the point in playing the game at all. Is it just to find ways to criticise what's being done? Or to stop the rest of us of actually enjoy the months preceeding a game?

Doesn't make much sense to me.

Guest Fusion

im not playing the games... as I said im not buying underworld, if they make TR2 i might buy it. I brought legend on a whim, i played AOD was so disappointed I didnt want to play again. Legend was too short. which ruined my view of the games I gave it another go with anniversary and i was still disappointed, oh and part of the reason i brought anniversary was because TR1 is now unplayable on the computer

im not playing the games... as I said im not buying underworld, if they make TR2 i might buy it. I brought legend on a whim, i played AOD was so disappointed I didnt want to play again. Legend was too short. which ruined my view of the games I gave it another go with anniversary and i was still disappointed, oh and part of the reason i brought anniversary was because TR1 is now unplayable on the computer

I'm surprised you come back to this forum every day! lol :smiley:

BPanther

Well, to counter-act your negativity of the franchise, because I think it's only fair we give CrystalD a balanced argument here...

Legend was short, I agree, but it was their first TR game, launching TR in a completely different direction, trying to revive the series (Which was successfull btw, Legend was the fastest selling TR), so it's only understandable that they may have made it a bit short in the beginning, they were, afterall, 'testing the ropes' so to speak.

I haven't encountered any 'bugs' in Anniversary that make it un-playable, and that pole you seem to be having trouble with doesn't sound like a bug to me, more like a tricky jump. If you had posted the difficulty you had here at LCO, we may have been able to help you out with it and you could have finished it. I'm not saying Anniversary doesn't have bugs, there are some, I have seen it posted around, but as soon as major bugs that halted any type of gameplay were discovered, CD had them fixed pretty sharpish with solutions.

Finally, the original TR isn't unplayable, I played it one week ago on Vista using new patches and before that on XP.

MsC

Gaming and Computer technology is constantly changing which will mean games like Tomb Raider are constantly changing too.

I am sure many people (Playstation 1 owners) have made the same complaint when Tomb Raider Angel of Darkness came out on the Playstation 2.

To play the latest games, you must change too, my young Padawan - either get a new PC or a PS-3 or an X-Box 360, no way around it!!

:lol:

you do have 4 months to get a Playstation 3 - pretend a new PS 3 is $600,

600 divided by 120 days, that's only $5 a day you need to save/earn.

;)

Edited by J7Dadda

I unfortunately was terribly disappointed with AoD (a game that is no longer part of my gaming library) but that didn't stop me from purchasing, playing and enjoying both Legend and Anniversary. I'll have to admit that both games are short compared to games of old where gameplay far exceeded 20 hours (thank God for RPGs and Adventure games!); the fact of the matter is that games nowadays are notoriously too short. Let's hope that there is a fair amount of replayability (Achievements) where consoles are concerned --- can't say much though for the PC version.

As an aside: yes games are short but some developers are incorporating non-linearity into their games so no one gameplay will be identical from another gamer's --- thus the game's outcome will be different: different and multiple endings in other words. I know this has been done before but replayability seems to be the key here. A good example is the new Prince of Persia game if anyone has not watched the developer's interviews over at Gametrailers.com.

Gaming and Computer technology is constantly changing which will mean games like Tomb Raider are constantly changing too.

I am sure many people (Playstation 1 owners) have made the same complaint when Tomb Raider Angel of Darkness came out on the Playstation 2.

To play the latest games, you must change too, my young Padawan - either get a new PC or a PS-3 or an X-Box 360, no way around it!!

:lol:

you do have 4 months to get a Playstation 3 - pretend a new PS 3 is $600,

600 divided by 120 days, that's only $5 a day you need to save/earn.

;)

Exactly! When TR AOD got released i didn't had a PS2 yet... and my PC got older back then and my parents didn't wanted to buy a new PC just yet. So i got a PS2 for my birthday and enjoyed TR AOD aswell as all the other PS2 games i own. But about a month ago i got sick of the PS2 cause there weren't any cool games (for me) released and the PS3 was getting good titels. SSOOO i got a PS3 as a graduation gift. And now i can enjoy all the new games. And just like Ms.C.... i also didn't got a PS3 to play TR U with crappy graphics. As it matters for all the games.

Why should Eidos not release a PS3 version just because you can't afford it though? They can't release the PS3 version on PS2 because it's impossible, and Eidos will never refuse to release on PS3 because they'll lose a tonne of money if they do. You get what you pay for, so if you pay a load of money for a PS3 or a very powerful computer, you'll get a much prettier game than people with a PS2 or a less powerful computer. That's just life ;)

HELLO! pls listen to yourself... what you are saying doesn't make sence. I mean TR U will also be realeased only for XBOX360 and not for the XBOX, if they would stop making games for the new consoles and only for the older consoles the graphics will never be better. That wouldn't be fair at all, and would be really bad for business. If you would have a PS3... would you even have made this thread? I think its rather selfish to say ppl with a PS3 shouldn't play TRU only cause you can't play it with todays graphics. And if PS2 graphics would be as great as PS3 are... there wouldn't even be a PS3 in the first place.

And just like Shrensh said... thats just life.

PS: if they wat to give everyone the same chance.... they must also make a TRU version for the XBOX and older PC's.... wich will cause a delay in the release date!

And how, Raider-Man, when I ask you this, is it fair that I don't get a next-gen version of TR:U because I'm lucky enough to have a PS3? I paid a lot of money for that machine and saved up for months so I could play next-gen titles, and to be honest, I would be extremely annoyed if they didn't make TR: Underworld next-gen after I'm now playing next-gen games.

Also, Eidos and CD have really no choice but to upgrade to next-gen, every other games company is doing it, and if they stayed last-gen, they'd probably be losing a lot of profit on next-gen gamers, and a lot of fans.

Eidos/CD weren't originally going to put it on the PS2, so you're lucky enough in the first place that they did that for you. Besides, when the next Tomb Raider after Underworld comes out, the price of next-gen consoles then will probably have sunk even lower than they are now and you'll have time to save your money for one. You can't expect them to stay in the past because not everyone can afford to purchase a next-gen console.

MsC

Yes, the only reason they are still releasing PS2 titles - is because it brings in more money at the moment.

I hate when that happen, why you always defend you're favroite company, please just be with the right one, you all are not going to understand me, well I'll make it clear this time.

People who own the PS3 must think about others that they dont have this console, Core design must help us about the game, but they are just showing us something good and then disppear it later, Core design making this a big mistake for us, and yes, BY THE WAY!!! Playstation 3 also works the Playstation 2 and 1 games, so NO COMMENT, Be with the right one please, if they're releasing into the newest version, people who own playstation 3 are TAKING EVERYTHING!!!! I have playstation 2 so only with playstation 1 games can work and PS2 games also ofcourse, but can it work with PS3 games? :angry::angry: NOOOOO!!! People who own the playstation 3 machine, even if the core design release it in PS2 with very nice graphics and not the newest machine, people who own that PS3 will also have a chance to play it, but Core Design is not letting us, thats why, they dont want from normal people to play it, no VIP people maybe? YYYEEESSS!! Fans are just starting to ignore this game and me too! :( :( :( :( But why they are doing this, i dont like being fool and leave the game, its my favorite but :( yes you're right this is life, it has the sugar and the salt taste also!!. Anyway hope you just get it now and thanks.

But still I have to say it again and again to all the 3 companies

SHAME ON THEM ALLL!!!! :angry::angry::angry:

Edited by Raider Man

First, let's set something straight... Core Design no longer has anything to do with the making of Tomb Raider, it's Crystal Dynamics and Eidos.

Second, Yes the PS3 will have the better graphics and so will any one the a hyped-up gaming PC.

Third You will still be able to play the game on a PS2, so what exactly is the problem???

I can't afford a PS3 or a new over-haul on my PC so I'll be playing Underworld with crappy graphics, who cares, it's still TR and I love the game.

No Gia, Not like this, the level will stuck, it is going to be a very bad moves, very slowly in some areas, her body is going to be separated like in AoD in some areas, some FMVs are cancled, the graphics are YAK, HAPPY?!!!