Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum

LARA CROFT ONLINE HOME PAGE

Thats what I don't like about Tomb Raider Underworld :I

It's not Eidos's problem that you don't have a PS3, Raider Man. They can't release a PS3 quality game on the PS2 because it's impossible, and they are under no obligation at all to wait for you to buy a PS3 before they start developing games for it. Shame on you for demanding that everyone else settle for a lower quality game just because you have to. Besides, I don't think the PS2 version is going to be nearly as bad as you seem to think it is. I reckon it'll even be pretty good, even with the less pretty graphics and a few features missing.

By the way, where did you hear that FMVs were are going to be left out of the PS2 version of the game? I've heard that a few features will be left out, but I haven't heard that any of the cinematics will be cut.

Um, Raider Man, what you're suggesting is conjecture, you have absolutely no idea if the FMVs are gonna be cut...and they're not anyhow, due to the fact there are no FMVs. The cutscenes in the game are all being made by the in-game engine, therefore, they'll be exactly the same.

I really don't understand why you're complaining at all, they were not going to release it on the PS2 at all, so what's the problem? You've got the game on the PS2 in the first place because they decided to make it last-gen, so you're just being selfish really. Complain after you've seen more evidence of the PS2 version, because it's not fair on Eidos or Crystal Dynamics to judge them when you have no information on it at all.

MsC

Guest Fusion

I think, that Raider-man is buying for PS2 and is worried that cutscenes an other content will be cut from his edition of the game due to lack of graphics and memory that is on the disc's, which wont be as high as a PS3.

like burning to a 8x DVD-R when you could burn to a Blu-ray

Edited by Fusion

This is all pointless... nothing is going to change! Raider Man will continue complaining about this and we'll all argue back with valid points. If he can't understand something as logic as this, no point in continuing!

Raider Man, my advice is to be happy because you'll be able to play the game! Imagine if you didn't have a PS2? Why do people always complain about the things they don't have instead of being happy with the things they have? Some people in this world never heard of a PS2 or a PS3... some not even a Computer!

This is a waste of time.

BPanther

I hate when that happen, why you always defend you're favroite company...

I'd just like to make another point here. Raider Man, if you're engaged in a debate with people, do not ever just dismiss their arguments like this. It's extremely rude. We are not disagreeing with you because we love Eidos so very much, we are disagreeing with you because we think your arguments don't make sense. If you have valid points to make, post them, but "you always defend your favourite company" is not a valid point. If you can't handle the fact that other people have different opinions to you, don't start the discussion in the first place.

:(:(:(:(:(

I dont mean to let all of you mad at ME Oh god you are my friends, Shrensh you're my best friend but what I just did?!! :( :( :( :( :(

Just understand me, People who own the PS3 can also play the Tomb Raider UW because they can play in both versions, PS3,2 and 1, but people who own PS2, WE CANT!! And thats what Eidos must stop doing this, you'll understand me if you waited for 5 years and when the PS4 releases and the newest newest newest Tomb Raider will release in PS4, you may bet my pojnt if thats happen one day :( I just giving my opinion, :(

Edited by Raider Man

I realize that I probably fell into the trap of the ever increasing prices of the video game industry... but I bought a PS3 almost exclusively for TRU.

They probably made the PS2 version suck so bad that if you WANT to enjoy the game you'll have to buy a PS3 to enjoy it.

Meanwhile all the people buying the PS2 one will still be giving the video game company more money, and when they realise that they'd rather have the one on PS3 they buy another copy and the companies make even MORE money. It's brilliant actually, but it's just making games for money and it's tricking the gamers into paying the high prices. I bought a PS3 even with it's high prices and I should have waited for the prices to go down first. Yes, they got me. They get everyone. It's not about the gamers, the games, or even the video game icons(like Lara herself) anymore. It's about money. Just like everything else in the world.

However, you're a very lucky person being able to play TRU at all. See because they were going to make it for PS3. Most games ONLY come out for the PS3. The fact that it's coming out for both PS3 AND PS2 is a miracle and you should be glad that you get to play it all. What if they didn't make it come out on PS2? Then you would be forced to buy a PS3. And in that case... we'd be having a completely different discussion right now.

And believe me, I know what I'm talking about. I've had that discussion thousands of times.

Edited by TRXpert

Just understand me, People who own the PS3 can also play the Tomb Raider UW because they can play in both versions, PS3,2 and 1, but people who own PS2, WE CANT!! And thats what Eidos must stop doing this, you'll understand me if you waited for 5 years and when the PS4 releases and the newest newest newest Tomb Raider will release in PS4, you may bet my pojnt if thats happen one day :( I just giving my opinion, :(

That has happened to me though, and will happen in the future. When AoD came out my computer was below the minimum hardware requirements and there was absolutely no way I could afford a new one, so I ended up with a game that would barely run and that kept crashing and locking up. It would have been nice for me if Eidos and Core had made a game that was designed to run on weaker computers like the previous games were, but I realised that wasn't possible.

By the time Legend came out I had a better computer, but it still doesn't run properly with next-gen turned on, it's going to struggle a lot with Underworld, and there's no way it'll run whatever game comes after Underworld. I might be able to upgrade before Underworld is released, but probably not. I've accepted that the game will run slowly and not look the best and I'll just have to deal with it, but I would never demand that Eidos and Crystal Dynamics not release the game to take advantage of the newest hardware that other people have but I don't. I'm just going to have to start saving up for new hardware for my PC.

:)

So you all got the problem and you just accepeted?! Maybe you're right, hope I am going to enjoy it, anyway Tomb Raider UW for PS3 is going to be gifted for me from secret someone, and its going to be in my Birthday but that I dont have PS3, well I will put it as a look! What do I have to do :( I must wait 349058340958349058 days to buy the PS3 and welcome PS4 into our world when I buy the 3. :( :( :( But anyway I just agree with you I will have fun playing it in TRUW in PS2 hope its great :(!

And yes I will open the same thread if thats happened again Between 3 and 4 and this TIME PLEASE NO COMMENT!!! :angry::angry::angry:

So you all got the problem and you just accepeted?! Maybe you're right, hope I am going to enjoy it, anyway Tomb Raider UW for PS3 is going to be gifted for me from secret someone, and its going to be in my Birthday but that I dont have PS3, well I will put it as a look! What do I have to do :( I must wait 349058340958349058 days to buy the PS3 and welcome PS4 into our world when I buy the 3. :( :( :( But anyway I just agree with you I will have fun playing it in TRUW in PS2 hope its great :(!

And yes I will open the same thread if thats happened again Between 3 and 4 and this TIME PLEASE NO COMMENT!!! :angry::angry::angry:

Firstly, if you are going to open another thread like this in the future when the next-next-gen TR comes out, expect comments, because this is a forum. It's designed so people can share their opinions with each other. We're not angry at you, Raider Man, we're just trying to see that what you're arguing isn't fair by expressing our own opinion.

Also, I very much doubt anyone (Unless they're extremely obsessed with Tomb Raider and have some sort of collector's system) is gonna buy both the PS3 version and PS2 version just because they can play it both on their PS3. That'd be crazy. You seem to think this is unfair because TR:U on the PS2 is going to be completely different than the PS3 version. It's not, trust me, it's going to be like Legend was. They'll keep the levels, story, cutscenes, etc, all the same in both versions, they will just have to downgrade the graphics, and perhaps get rid of some small things that aren't possible in last-gen titles. The only game that's going to be completely different is the Wii version, since it uses the Nunchuck and will be controlled differently.

MsC

Guest Fusion

I wouldn't worry about the PS4, i brought my PS2 back in 2005 i think it was pricey about 200 but when it first came out it was 300, its 2008 now it took them 3 years to develop the PS3. so if you buy a PS3 in a year when the price's are down you're guaranteed 3 years of playing on it before the PS4 comes along

Edited by Fusion

We all know they are releasing everything on all formats all at once and the better quality or lack of will depend on what system or pc config you own.

Hence it is moot to point out the obvious of which version will support what and what is going to get the best from a higher or lower format therefore after

much debate on the subject I use my power bestowed on me and close this thread and hope you have saved your pennies for the best format you can afford!

Crystal Dynamic had listened to fans accroding to the official forum, and they are saying that they are trying their best to make the exact version for PS2 and 3 in underworld so :woho::woho::woho::woho::woho::woho:

But that, the C.D TRUW is going to be 2 parts of c.ds for PS2 and ofcourse only 1 c.d for PS3, but there are 2 discs for PS2 but thats ok I dont care as long as we have the newest version :woho::woho::woho:

I am sorry for what did I say, and thank you thank you thank you :lol:

cool, do you have a source?

I was just about to ask the same thing, because I looked for this information on the official TR forums and didn't find it!

BPanther

Guest Fusion

i just searched the dodgy totally unreliable sites... nothing, although i did see "I played the PS2 edition and it was just fine." confirms everything that we have been saying for a while. If underworld looks like anniversary then i'll buy it. you need a HD tv aswell as a PS3 to see things in HD. (no one deny that cause i will tell you to play underworld on a 14" B&W screen and tell me its true)

Edited by Fusion

My understanding was always that the PS2 and PS3 versions were going to be the same, with the PS3 version having better graphics. I'd read that some features might be left off the PS2 version, but going back looking at the information again, it seems like that isn't for certain.

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=78504

Yes, I read that too, Shrensh, and I've always been in the understanding that both games were going to be near identical except from the obvious, e.g. graphics.

That list you mentioned is where I got the information earlier in the thread that she won't be able to dual aim in the PS2 version. In the Thread you've linked, this is missing from the PS2 information:

*New range of combat options: Choose to pacify or kill, target multiple enemies at once with the new dual-target system, and shoot with one hand while suspended with the other.

Whether or not they aren't able to achieve this in last-gen for whatever reasons, I don't know, but as far as I'm aware the levels are going to be near identical and so is the story.

MsC

flippin eck!

my head's hurting after reading through this thread!

It is frustrating when new consoles come out all the time (especially for us parents!!) but everything changes all the time, tis the same with mobile phones etc - you just have to decide what's right for you and what you want from your games console.

For me personally, I have always played TR on PS and I have a PS2 (old chunky version) so I'm really glad they're releasing for the ps2 and I will buy it and it will take me longer than anyone on this forum to complete (still haven't finished Anniversary) but that'll do for me.

oh, I also still have a PS1 and a gameboy colour - hehe, retro or what!

I have a SEGA me too, PS1 and PS2 and gameboy color :P But later PS3 I hope :( :( :( :( Who can have a heart to leave these poor old machines, I dont have a heart to do this, I still play games in PS1 tell now, and I really cant do this so.

Anyway they were saying about this I am not sure about it wait to let you see the source its 70% going to be but not for sure ;)

Edited by Raider Man

• 2 weeks later...

Hm. I think it's kind of strange to be angry at Eidos/Crystal about this. Don't you think Playstation2 owners must be happy that Underworld will actually have a PS2 version in the first place?

The majority of new game titles only come out for X-Box 360 and Playstation 3. So I think you must be very happy that they decided to make a PS2 version too.

The next Tomb Raider will be only for nextgen consoles I'm 99% sure about that.

I for one am glad for another TR game on PS2. I have some games from when I had a PS1, and now I don't plan on giving those up as they are very hard to find now.