Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum

LARA CROFT ONLINE HOME PAGE

New trailer - No text

BPanther

Here is the HD video of the new trailer released today without the text in the middle of the screen!! CLICK HERE

If you need a player to see the video, GO HERE

OMG!! *speechless*

So Natla it is! :| She's the God that Lara wants to kill. But I don't understand "Drop it, Zip, or I'll drop you?" - She's going to kill Zip??

We're finally getting rid of Natla? Wow..

zip.jpg

Looks like Zip is protecting someone! Winston? Who?

Gamespot experience playing the level

We play through an extended version of the Tomb Raider demo that will be shown at next week's Games Convention in Leipzig.

Earlier this week, during a meeting with representatives from Eidos and Crystal Dynamics, we had an opportunity to play Tomb Raider Underworld for the first time. The Xbox 360 demo version that we played was set exclusively in the "Coastal Thailand" level that will be shown at the Games Convention in Leipzig, Germany, next week. Some of the puzzles had clearly been reworked to make them more demo-friendly (i.e., shorter and easier), but we were still able to get a really good feel for how the finished game is going to play.

Before taking the controls, we discussed Crystal Dynamics' plans for Tomb Raider Underworld with Eric Lindstrom, the creative director for the game. He explained that Tomb Raider Legend focused primarily on action, while Tomb Raider Anniversary was heavy on puzzles and exploration. Underworld, however, will incorporate the best features of both games while also introducing some new features of its own.

The demo began on the deck of a yacht, where Lara is standing and looking across an expanse of beautiful blue water at a rocky coastline topped with lush vegetation. Sharks could be seen swimming in the water below. At the risk of making the swim to shore a little more dangerous than it needed to be, we confirmed that you can indeed target and shot at the sharks. Diving into the water, it became more apparent than before that the waves in the water are quite realistic. When we found a small rocky outcrop to climb onto, we were only able to reach up and grab it when the waves afforded us something of a boost.

Attempting to reach the mainland, it wasn't long before we were treated to a display of some of the new moves at Lara's disposal. We had opted to play through the demo without the benefit of any tutorial assistance, but the moves all fit so seamlessly into Lara's preexisting arsenal that we found performing them to be almost second nature. Free-climbing on rocky walls, pulling ourselves up onto narrow ledges then hugging the walls, and hanging from ropes one-handed while shooting with the other are all good examples of new moves at Lara's disposal, but there are plenty more. One especially neat touch, which we might not have noticed if it weren't for the fact that we were told to look out for it, had to do with making a jump from a hanging position. When attempting to jump, Lara's arms will let you know if it's safe or not. If Lara thinks she can make a jump, she'll get ready to grab whatever you're aiming for by dropping one of her arms. If she thinks you're having a laugh, she'll hold on tight. The new camera system being implemented in the game will purportedly make blind leaps of faith a thing of the past, but because it wasn't in the version of the demo that we played, Lara's visual clues proved invaluable.

As we progressed through the junglelike environment, which was dense enough with vegetation in places that Lara had to brush leaves aside, we encountered our first enemies: bats. Locking on to targets in Underworld is every bit as easy as it has been in previous games, and you're still able to perform all manner of acrobatics to avoid enemies without it ever affecting Lara's impeccable aim. Lara can even target two enemies simultaneously if she has her pair of pistols equipped, though you'll still just be using a single button to fire them both.

It wasn't long before we happened upon the ruins of a very large temple in the middle of the jungle, and after instinctively reaching for a lever near the entrance, it became clear that our goal (or at least one of our goals) was to repair an ancient elevator-like contraption. Needless to say, doing so required us to navigate our way all over the temple, solving puzzles that related to machine parts and such. Spotting ledges and handholds in the crumbling environment was rarely difficult, though none of them were obvious in a way that looked out of place.

Worthy of a mention are the tigers and lizards that livened up the puzzle-solving proceedings quite considerably. This is not because tigers and lizards are anything that Lara hasn't faced in games before, but because these tigers and lizards are quite unlike anything that she's faced before. The tigers, for example, move quite intelligently. They are fast and agile enough to do a good job of keeping up with Lara's acrobatics--following even when she uses a new move to speedily vault over a small wall. The lizards, which were referred to in our meeting as naga, also moved convincingly and were able to scale walls, as well as spit poison.

When enemies like these get too close, Lara can perform a swift melee attack that knocks them back. If you're so inclined, there are plenty of objects in the world that can be used as melee weapons as well, though doing so obviously requires Lara to holster one of her guns. During the demo, we were able to wield what appeared to be a very large pin at one point and later found that by inserting it into a hole in a wall, it could be used as a bar to climb on, grab, or swing.

Without wishing to give too much more away about the contents of the Coastal Thailand level, other highlights of our demo included using Lara's grapple to rappel down a wall, as well as noticing for the first time that Lara gets increasingly and convincingly dirty as you play. Another highlight had us solving a puzzle involving two giant statues that was epic in a way that not nearly enough puzzles have been since the first Tomb Raider game. Managing to survive our first ever "adrenaline moment" was pretty exciting because, at first, we were convinced that it was an elaborate death scene that we had no control over. Rather, adrenaline moments will be replacing the superactions from recent games. The main difference is simply that in the new set pieces, you retain full control of Lara, whereas in previous games, you've been prompted to press a sequence of buttons in something resembling a rhythm-game mechanic.

Tomb Raider Underworld is currently scheduled for release in October. We look forward to bringing you more information on what could well be Lara's greatest adventure yet as soon as it becomes available.

Source : Gamespot

The text says the game will be released in October but I think that's a mistake, since all official sources say November!

BPanther

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my God, that was extremely epic!

I can't...I mean, that was even more epic than the teaser trailer! This...I really am speechless...

Let me just collect myself and share some theories:

When Lara is going mental at Zip, she looks more possessed than herself, and Zip looks more protective than anything else, which leads me to believe that Lara's being controlled by either Natla herself (She did want someone to rule with her) or by some artefact she found in The Underworld...possessed by Thor or something.

I also think she may end up killing Zip, Alister, or Winston which'll shock her out of her 'evil' state...at least that's what I think...

But oh my God, Natla's back...but I've noticed that her wetsuit is on when she 'meets' Natla again...which suggests this happens fairly early on...unless, of course, she goes back underwater.

Omg, excited!

MsC

I can't wait to play this game. When I see the first sign of a pre-sale at Gamestop, you'd best believe I'm putting my reserve deposit down for it. I'm not gonna wait for it to come out to buy it.

I've looked at the trailer again...and my ideas have switched...

It looks to me like Lara's trying to reason with Zip or something when she is talking to him. Zip then appears--at least to me--to be shooting someone off-screen...as if he's the one under possession. Maybe he shot Alister, which caused Lara to get a little bit angry...and maybe she'll have to be forced to kill him too...

:lol: I find it ironic I'm more interested in that than the huge surprise at the end :S

MsC

Guest Fusion

I've only just seen it. and I've only seen it once i just have to say

I KNEW NATLA WAS BACK

^_^

I said it only last week that TRA and TRU are connected, there are plot points all over TRA, and the key in the last trailer confirmed it. I'm amazed by lara she doesn't look old she looks very movie like, with a hint of improved AODness which im guessing is the motion capture AOD was quite realistic. again I only saw the trailer once, but the tone when she

talked to zip. Suggested that they arent on the same side any more, but why did she introduce the trailer by talking so normally, it seems that he is going to change at some point. If she kills him perhaps he stages the body in the manor and blow it up to look like a accident.

Oh and we still dont know what the seventh age is. that is one of the weaker plot points from TRA

Edit: second view... do my eyes deceive me or is that Winston when she has the torch?

EDIT, edit: look at the two pics now

post-6837-1218838659_thumb.jpg

post-6837-1218838680_thumb.jpg

Edited by Fusion

OMG!!!!!

LoL i am just as excited as evryone else!

I wonder how the hell

Natla came back

and why?

This is just my opinion but how come the graphics in the beginning look a little blocky?

It's a rather poor quality trailer in all honesty, especially from Gamestop; considering they got the exclusive. They're using trial software by the looks of things since that huge advertisement pops up on screen about 40 seconds in, so it's gonna be a bit low on the quality side. When the proper HD trailer is released on Monday from www.tombraider.com, it'll look much better.

MsC

It's a rather poor quality trailer in all honesty, especially from Gamestop; considering they got the exclusive. They're using trial software by the looks of things since that huge advertisement pops up on screen about 40 seconds in, so it's gonna be a bit low on the quality side. When the proper HD trailer is released on Monday from www.tombraider.com, it'll look much better.

MsC

THANK GOD!

WOW!

IM EXCITED !

AHHHH! :woho:

i feel much better now :lol:

Guest Fusion

I think I got the HD trailer here... And I made a pic for people who want to know (which is everyone) look at the pic in the link

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/4562/lara4cv3.jpg

this pic is when lara says

drop it Zip or i'll drop you!

she is talking about the gun and he is holding Winston hostage

but all might not as it seems there could be a clever little cut between my screenshot and when she says that in which her position has moved, but being a game its possible the camera angle moved

all my posts are changing alot so re read them lol

Edited by Fusion

There is a higher definition version of the Gamespot one, but the official HQ one without the gamestop tag, and bad framrate, etc, will be released on Monday as stated here:

Clicky!

"....before appearing on tombraider.com for full download in high quality on Monday."

Also...

I can't really tell since I haven't seen a non-text version of it yet, but Zip appears to be shooting something in the foreground. If you rewatch it, you'll see that bits of debris/glass, etc, fly off from something behind Lara...

MsC

If you download LCO's version from the goodies section (Link on my first post), Tom got the HD video without text!! :D We're very lucky here!!

Msc Croft, you're right! He shoots at something/someone. My first reaction was to say he was shooting at Lara, but he's aiming at something above/behind her... This video cleared some doubts but it created much , much more! lol

Guest Fusion
If you download LCO's version from the goodies section (Link on my first post), Tom got the HD video without text!! :D We're very lucky here!!

Msc Croft, you're right! He shoots at something/someone. My first reaction was to say he was shooting at Lara, but he's aiming at something above/behind her... This video cleared some doubts but it created much , much more! lol

then im right. It is a cut I notice now he is shooting behind her (maybe he misses) but he is shooting behind her. Then why does she say it. Unless its cut to make it dramatic, she says it then he shoots behind her saving her life like she did with kurtis in that chamber with the mutant. And i never noticed that we have a HD vid already well now we have 2 I guess a FLV one and a AVI one

Edited by Fusion

Im not showing off or anything but i thought everyone caught that.

(Zip shot someone behind Lara and not her)

Anywho i wonder how ugly they made

Natla

this time around. :lol:

I wonder if Lara has another undeveloped meaty version of herself to fight off

:lol:

Edited by tombraiderguy is back

I keep reading things like "Why is Natala alive///? OMGOMGM WHY? WHY?".

She is a God. Can not die by shooting, falling into lava, etc. Lara is searching for Thors Hammer to hopefully kill Gods. Amanda is in the game also. Is she a God now? Is she the one that is helping Natala. Who knows.

People seem to have forgotten that it was Natala that started this whole mess. If it wasn't for her, maybe Lara would never have been searching for the Scion, etc. I'm glad she's back.. there's plot lines that need to be resolved before moving on.

Will Kurtis be in it? Who knows. If so -- I'm sure it's just a flashback.

What happened to Zip? Hell this is Tomb Raider he could have been a 'double' agent the whole time. No one is your friend in these type of games lol. Or like some of you say, Lara gets possessed with something. That could very well be true, as she is messing with dangerous relics (re: read the text. "Some relics should never be discovered", etc.

;-)

OMG OMG OMG I CANT IMAGINE THAT IM THE FIRST ONE TO POST THIS!!!

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/tombrai...icial-trailer-3

You dont believe me that Amanda is coming back?! OK! Then! Listen to last minute before the trailer finish!

"I am very pleased to see you again Lara" <------- HMMMMM! Remember that voice?!

Yes RIGHT ITS HHHEEERRR!

OMG! BP is too fast!! Fusion you dont even know what you did in my heart!! I got shock! Its Natla! And Zip, he's a bad guy!! UW is going to be VERY COMLIACTED STORY!!