Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum

SEARCH LARA CROFT ONLINE HOME

Sign in to follow this  
BPanther

New trailer - No text

Guest Fusion
Well I rather like spiders (provided they don't try to crawl on me... eek!), so I'd totally play the spider bits for the arachnophobes on the board :lol: As long as something jumps out of the shadows and causes me to scream like a little girl and start randomly mashing buttons in a total panic I'll be happy :D

I really cant wait for your videos :D they make my year *reminisces Lara smashing face first into the wall* I dont like Spiders either, Even Boaz gave me chills

Edited by Fusion

Boaz wasn't nearly as creepy as she was FRUSTRATING!! Grr...

As long as something jumps out of the shadows and causes me to scream like a little girl and start randomly mashing buttons in a total panic I'll be happy

You gotta be on your toes Shrensh... it's a useful survival skill. Lol

GUYS Its not the first time, how did you end up killing spiders in Tomb Raider 2? Huh?!!!

:smiley: With eyes closed and running as much as we could!!! LOL :smiley:

We don't like spiders and we hate them to bits! But our love to Tomb Raider is bigger than anything else and something so insignificant as spiders!! :smiley:

BPanther

Its ok! Time to give spiders what they want!! YOU!! WAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

I like to be evil sometimes :P

Well, to get some more insight into the whole Zip and Lara thing, I've provided some images for us :P

post-74-1219254238_thumb.jpg

In this picture, we can see what Zip is shooting at. The debris from the pillar behind Lara is spraying, so it looks like it could be a warning shot from Zip to Lara.

post-74-1219254247_thumb.jpg

Here's Lara looking at what was shot previously, and now notice Zip is going to aim towards Lara as she is distracted.

post-74-1219254255_thumb.jpg

Now, finally, we see Lara looking past the pillar into the background possibly at something else Zip shot...a person perhaps. Here, Zip looks quite unhappy to be shooting Lara and Winston is pushing his gun away to stop him.

That's what I got from those pictures anyhow :wacko: Still confused? I am.

MsC

Guest Fusion

Thanks for those MsC. Its what I said in a story board. Im sure in Anniversary and Legend when you enter the manor there is a desk (where the note from Winston Was) I think the shattered thing is a vase rather than a pillar. The important thing though is Zip isnt protecting Lara, Winston isnt standing by Zip by chance nor is he pushing his arm by co-incidence. Its all happening for a reason and as I said before Tomb Raider isnt about magic if there is 'magic' in this game i wont be happy this is supposed to be realistic :/

Edited by Fusion

Thanks for those MsC. Its what I said in a story board. Im sure in Anniversary and Legend when you enter the manor there is a desk (where the note from Winston Was) I think the shattered thing is a vase rather than a pillar. The important thing though is Zip isnt protecting Lara, Winston isnt standing by Zip by chance nor is he pushing his arm by co-incidence. Its all happening for a reason and as I said before Tomb Raider isnt about magic if there is 'magic' in this game i wont be happy this is supposed to be realistic :/

Well I call Greek Mythology some type a of "magic".

It's believed somewhere in the world, perhaps far underground that gigantic spiders could possibly exsist. It's not that far-fetched, it's just the idea that we've never seen it before. That's what Tomb Raider is all about. The whole thing is an adventure of discovery. It's not just about finding the mythical objects and artifacts, it's about going around the world, underground, and into dark temples discovering places, things, creatures, and ultimately, the main prize.

It's not about the destination, it's how we get there.

If I were worried about how realistic it is, I probably would have stopped playing after Natla came back to life the first two times. Now she comes back again? PLEASE! This woman has more lives than Jack Bauer.

Well, to get some more insight into the whole Zip and Lara thing, I've provided some images for us

I feel like a Crime Scene Investigator... examining all of these images and things. It's like we're trying to find out exactly what happened on very little evidence. Mucho fun!

Personally, I don't think Zip is betraying Lara nor do I think he intends to kill her. I think what she is meddling with is a power much too evil for human hands. And he doesn't want her using it, but she feels the need to use the power because she has a personal vendetta against Natla.

So she may kill Zip when he tries to stop her, but after killing Natla, Lara blows up her house, with her pistols on Zip's desk as a tribute to him, and she walks away saying "I can't do this anymore..."

Until the next time, when something strikes her fancy, and she has to get back in the habit, to continue her father's work and once again, save the universe.

That's what I think. I find it very cinematic, actually. I could write a screenplay.

Now, finally, we see Lara looking past the pillar into the background possibly at something else Zip shot...a person perhaps.

He might be shooting at Lara's doppelganger/impostor, that's why Lara looks so freaked out.

Guest Fusion

if there was someone behind lara she doesnt seem to care no help in the killing. If Zip is shooting at another person then that leaves Alistair

Why would she aim at Zip and threaten him if he were protecting her? It doesn't make sense? I think it was just a warning shot, or else he's a crappy aim.

The possibility of Lara being possessed has been mentioned a few times and I have a theory:

I've been thinking, this may sound insignificant but, Lara has this wrist band on her right wrist, right? This is something new and like I say probably nothing but a new accessory with absolutely no use what so ever. However, I also noticed other little things, like the way Lara carries her big weapons on her back in the opposite direction and uses her left hand to use her spear gun when she normally uses her right hand to fire her big guns. (All right, I know! she's probably just ambidexstrous , She is an amazingly multi talented lady.)

My point being is that this is a very, very subtle change in her mannerism which suggests she could well be possessed...So, this wrist band could perhaps be a little hint almost.

Any thoughts on this theory of mine? Or am I just reading into the minutest little details way too much,lol :D

Ah, I love sharing our rants together..It's the beautiful sign of a new TR game on the horizon, hehe...

LOL!

I think the wrist band could be her new grid/ navigator system. (when enemies approach or when there are things hidden in the walls.)

OR your theory could be true!

Edited by tombraiderguy is back

Or maybe that's not Lara at all.... :tease::ohmy2::wacko:

Maybe Lara ate the last scone and Zip just can't get over it.

Maybe Lara ate the last scone and Zip just can't get over it.

LMAO! :lol::D

Here's another screenshot about something some of you may have missed.

Here's a pic with Natla's Wing in the tube container thing.

post-74-1219597991_thumb.jpg

It may be that Natla is regenerating or something after having a huge stone smashed onto her. She may not die, but it doesn't mean she can't get hurt as shown in Anniversary. She does, afterall, lose the ability to fly after Lara shoots her wings a couple of times. Perhaps every time she regenerates, she gets stronger...who knows, but Natla's definitely still in her winged form in Underworld.

MsC

Ms. Croft I can't really see her wing? I'm not looking in the right spot I suppose. :S

It's in the very bottom right part of the picture at the bottom of that huge tube thing. It's not obvious as a wing, but it's more obvious if you watch the trailer as you can see the edges of it as well.

Ah, it's just better if I edit it in paint and circle it :lol:

post-74-1219603535_thumb.jpg

MsC

That very well could be a wing... I mean, it could be a lot of other things too, but it really does resemble a wing.

I hope she has her skin back though.

Maybe she'll look like Natla at the end of TR1 when she has her skin but she sprouted wings and has a fireball gun attached to her arm. That'd be sweet and she'd be a bit harder since she can attack you from afar without having to lunge herself at you or body slam you.

You'd think after ten years, she'd be able to discover some cosmetic products that work for her.

Edited by TRXpert

That thing in the picture does resemble a wing... Alot like Natala's wing from Anniversary?!?!

So Zip could just be shooting at Natla to protect Lara but Lara thinks Zip is shooting at her. :blink: