Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum

SEARCH LARA CROFT ONLINE HOME

I'm thinking about buying Siren for my ps2 but i'd like some insite I buy it. and i'd also like money to buy it but apparently that won't happen cause i just quit my part time job at a french reasturant that i still can't say the name right.

I bought Siren on Ebay. It's a wickedly creepy game, and if you play it at night, alone, in the dark... it'll make you wanna crawl under the covers and cry.

There's a lot of characters to play,(most of which I liked) and they each show up in different places at different times, and they all cross paths, it's brilliant actually.

The one thing that bothers me about it though is the fact that it's REALLY confusing.

The storyline still isn't clear to me... you start off as a guy in the beginning who witnesses some kind of ritual in the woods and when they spot him, he runs. And then after that a siren goes off and the whole thing goes to hell... literally.

Then as you play a few more levels as him, now trapped in a world that's caught between reality and some strange paranormal alternate universe, you just seem to find more questions and less answers.

Then out of the blue, you start playing as a completely different character, who is somewhere else at a different time (it may be an hour ago, or it may be the day after...). It get's confusing there.

So let's say you beat a level... but it doesn't let you continue. Well that because you missed something and you have to go back and find a piece of paper that's locked in a box for some strange reason... okay, you got that and now you go back to a new level with a new character. This person has two objectives and one leads to one level and the other may lead to another.

Okay... yes, confused? I am. BUT once you play through all the levels(there's a diagram of each day and person so you know what happens when) you can sort of put it all together. Now when you reach the end of the game with one character, you see what happens with him in the end. If you beat it with another character you see what happens to them in the end.

But the game has so many secrets. And I'm sure I've made it sound more confusing than it actually is.

I really honestly loved it though. You can learn the past of each character by their story, personality and objects that you find. You can learn lots about the town and the people and the creepy rituals. It's all really cool if you get involved. There's one item you find with a secret code and then later you find the thing that deciphers it(if you look closely, you don't even need to find the thing to decipher it). It turns out it's a website and if you go to that website, it tells you the story about it like it was a real town. It's really authentic and really cool. I was impressed. It's a very involved game... it's like you can actually get into it, even when your not playing it.

The whole thing is a desperate search for answers, and some parts of it are REALLY hard. If you think, and try, and take risks, you'll make it far... but I still had to use an online walkthrough.

Now if you're fortunate enough to find the strategy guide anywhere... BUY IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been looking for that guide for over a year now, and I think it will make the whole game sooooo much less confusing. I want that guide so bad, but it's as hard to find as the holy grail or the ark of the covenant.

If you have any questions, just ask. You know how to reach me. Have fun, and get involved!

Good luck!!

Thanks TRXpert.

I am soooo gonna buy this game!!! I love Games and movies that are really confusing.

And since you said that if i play it alone in the dark at night it will make me want to crawl under my covers and cry, i'm going to assume that means it's really scary, which is good then i can tell my friends about it in story form and scare the crap out of them. (My BFF Alyssa says it's impossible for me not to scare the crap out of people)

This is the kinda game where you can hide in a cupboard and watch as a surprisingly intelligent zombie searches for you. Just that moment, wondering if it will find you or not, is enough to get your heart racing. And if it doesn't find you... you still have to get out of the cupboard and make your way through the house until you can find whatever it is your looking for and leave. Meanwhile the zombies are in there making dinner and playing with toys.

Lol It's creepy, it's like they think they're going on with their lives, but yet, their dead, and they're insanely homicidal. And when they get deformed... it's just... ugh. And I think there may be a sequel coming out. Which will hopefully have better voice acting.

Tell me what you think of it when you play it. I may be able to lend oyu some tips if you so ever need any, but try to get through all the hard parts yourself, that's the fun of it. You know all that though.

I've not played the first two, but I recently downloaded Siren: Blood Curse from the PlayStation Online Store.

Apparantely it's a kind of 're-telling' of the first Siren using Americans instead of Japanese characters. The controls are meant to be better too, plus you can move your character whilst you site-jack, which is useful :lol: It's very difficult for a game to scare me these days after playing so many horror video games, but I must say that this one had me feeling un-easy in certain places.

A game I do love that does scare me though has to be Fatal Frame (A.K.A Project Zero in Europe). It's beautifully well handled in the scare department.

MsC

I heard Fatal Frame was good! I want to play that some day.

I've not played the first two, but I recently downloaded Siren: Blood Curse from the PlayStation Online Store.

Now you've confused me. "The first two" you said... I read once about a sequel to Siren (also known as "forbidden siren") years ago, but I thought the project was canceled and it never came out. Or at least, I've never found it.

What I was referring to as a sequel was "Siren: Blood Curse". Is that the third or second game of the series?

I read that Blood Curse is about American journalists or something like that who stumble upon the creepy town while doing a report, and they begin investigating it.

Moving while sight-jacking sounds good. I wish I could have done that before, though it may be hard to see what I'm doing when I can't even see through my own eyes.

I heard Fatal Frame was good! I want to play that some day.

Now you've confused me. "The first two" you said... I read once about a sequel to Siren (also known as "forbidden siren") years ago, but I thought the project was canceled and it never came out. Or at least, I've never found it.

What I was referring to as a sequel was "Siren: Blood Curse". Is that the third or second game of the series?

I read that Blood Curse is about American journalists or something like that who stumble upon the creepy town while doing a report, and they begin investigating it.

Moving while sight-jacking sounds good. I wish I could have done that before, though it may be hard to see what I'm doing when I can't even see through my own eyes.

There is indeed a Siren 2, (Known as Forbidden Siren 2 in USA and Europe I think), released in 2006. I've heard it's rather hard to buy now but if you live in Europe, you can order it from here: http://www.play.com/Games/PlayStation2/4-/...-2/Product.html

Though you'll probably be able to find it if you look in the second hand bins at your local game shop.

Siren: Blood Curse isn't officially Siren 3 as far as I know, because it's a re-telling of the original Siren using more Western people. They probably did this due to it being on the PS3 knowing they had new ways to scare people with that technology and therefore thought it'd be good to tell the original story again.

MsC

Oh that makes sense.

I'm going to have to find Siren 2. It's going to be a heck of a hunt, I can tell.

Like when I went out to the stores to find the Final Fantasy Strategy Guide. That thing is a relic.

I did get it though, amazingly.

So there is hope yet for Siren 2, and the hunt is part of the fun, afterall...

Yeah, I started playing the game last night and i'm already sorta scared so I never even got through 10 secounds of gameplay LOL :lol: I'll try again Later today