Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum

LARA CROFT ONLINE HOME PAGE

Can these people get it through their Ignorant Thick Heads?!?

Just about every article I've seen on the net and the comments posted by people below them, they keep saying Alison Carroll is replacing Angelina Jolie as Lara Croft.

Alison Carroll is the Live Model to represent the games!! She has no freaking anything to do with the movies!!

Get your facts right before you post it!!

Ignorant Morons!!

Example:

http://videogames.yahoo.com/feature/britis...-raider/1236791

p.s. I sent a nasty email to Yahoo Editorial telling them how ignorant they are!!

:D:rolleyes::woho:

Edited by J7Dadda

People consistantly get things wrong, and the more they do it, the more they confuse other people, and as a result, we end up with even more confused and wrong people. It's a vicious cycle and it's very frustrating.

I get tired of explaining things to people, especially when it's something that common sense should have told them awhile ago.

Just about every article I've seen on the net and the comments posted by people below them, they keep saying Alison Carroll is replacing Angelina Jolie as Lara Croft.

Alison Carroll is the Live Model to represent the games!! She has no freaking anything to do with the movies!!

Get your facts right before you post it!!

Ignorant Morons!!

Example:

http://videogames.yahoo.com/feature/britis...-raider/1236791

p.s. I sent a nasty email to Yahoo Editorial telling them how ignorant they are!!

:D:rolleyes::woho:

J7, although some articles may in fact say those things, you need to read some articles a lot more carefully before you send nasty e-mails to them...because in the exact same article you've posted, it says:

"Although her Lara role won't involve any movie work, she'll still be kept sufficiently busy traveling the world promoting the latest Tomb Raider game, Underworld, to allow her to quit her day job -- as a receptionist."

Just because the same article says "Move over Angelina Jolie" it doesn't necessarily mean they're saying she's being replaced in the movies by her just that maybe Alison is doing a better job at impersonating Lara Croft than Angelina Jolie did.

MsC

I dont think the article was the only source J7 was indicating, perhaps he read that one wrong. But there are a lot of misconceptions causing confusion elsewhere

That's why I said "although some articles may in fact say those things."

I think a lot of people took something Alison said wrong when the BBC asked her what was in store for her in the future. She said something like, "I would like to do TV and Film." and the narrator made a joke about her acting in Tomb Raider. That's possibly where this confusion has stemmed from.

MsC

We don't need to go that far... We had the same issue in one of our threads here in the forum, where a member posted complaining about Allison replacing Angelina!

I agree that people should read/see news articles, posts, videos, before posting anything. With the amount of information out there and the fact that all TR and LC fans are glued to the screens to learn more about what's coming, it's almost a fact that mistakes will be made!

I understand the anger, but we need to be patient and try to elucidate those that aren't big fans like us. And what might be dead obvious to us, it's not for others!

BPanther

That's true, you know mistakes happen.

It just bothers me when people who boast about being big fans of Tomb Raider still make the mistake of calling Lara "Laura". Though I admit, I've made that mistake, but for me it was just a typo.

I can be patient with people though. I know sometimes I can get a bit patronizing. Lol

Just because the same article says "Move over Angelina Jolie" it doesn't necessarily mean they're saying she's being replaced in the movies by her just that maybe Alison is doing a better job at impersonating Lara Croft than Angelina Jolie did.

As far as that statement goes, I want to point out that I'm still less then impressed by Alison.

I have seen two pictures of her that I really like though.

Well isn't "Laura" the spelling in the UK?

I don't see how it matters. AJ has said she was gonna be in the gym after she had the twins -- working out -- getting "ready" for TR3. I haven't heard anything else from it though.

But I would hope AJ continues the role. However, I would be open-minded to other actresses. But my heart is out for AJ! lol

I adore Angie! And personally, I would love to see other actresses play Lara, but when I look at Angelina... she looks so much like Lara, she's played her before, it's almost like she was born for the role, and it seems a waste not to utilize that. Not to mention I absolutely love her.

Rhona Mitra would be great in a Tomb Raider movie though.

Oh, and as I recall, Lara's name was originally Laura Cruz, but they changed to Lara Croft, indicating that they are not the same name. But then again, they're basically pronounced the same way... I just have OCD for these things. Lol

Well isn't "Laura" the spelling in the UK?

Nope, it's Lara everywhere ;)

Oh, and as I recall, Lara's name was originally Laura Cruz, but they changed to Lara Croft, indicating that they are not the same name. But then again, they're basically pronounced the same way... I just have OCD for these things. Lol

Yeah, the story I heard is that Core changed it to Lara because Americans couldn't pronounce Laura. For me there is a distinct difference between when I say "Lara" and when I say "Laura", but it depends on one's accent.

Nope, it's Lara everywhere ;)

Yeah, the story I heard is that Core changed it to Lara because Americans couldn't pronounce Laura. For me there is a distinct difference between when I say "Lara" and when I say "Laura", but it depends on one's accent.

Yup, I'm called Lara in real life (Hence my LCO forum name; I'm ever so witty :wacko: ) and I'm in England...I do get, ironically, the occasional person think I've just typo'd my name and it's actually Laura, then after explaining I am Lara, I get the whole "Oh, Lara Croft." etc.

As for a Tomb Raider 3 movie? I dunno--that's up to Eidos before it's up to Angie. If they wanted to make a movie and Angie said no, they'd do it anyway and find an alternative actor. If there's money to be made, business will do it regardless of what's normally stopping them...though Angie owes a lot to Tomb Raider really. The film had her travel to Cambodia and that eventually led to adopting Maddox and helping them.

Whether I want a Tomb Raider 3 or not is another matter really...I don't know, I'm still quite undecided, and if it turns out Alison Carroll is a fantastic actor and gets chosen for the part, I'll be happy to know she'll be doing her own backflips.

MsC

• 4 months later...
Jesus calm down !

So people are wrong get over it.

This thread is quite old and J7 knows that people make mistakes. It doesn't mean he can't show how much it annoys him, especially because lots of people do and keep saying the wrong word. But, the thread "died" 4 months ago, so I'm sure this is all ok :)

BPanther.

Well yeah, but aside from the fact that this discussion is dead, if we "calmed down" and "got over it" on every subject we wouldn't have much of a forum now would we. This is a place for discussion, and though I admit, I have probably been one to say things like that myself, I realize now that I shouldn't.

The pointless discussions are the ones I usually find the most interesting for some reason, and since people don't have pointless discussions about the mispronunciation of Lara's name in every day life, I tend to take that topic to an online forum dedicated to Lara Croft.

• 5 months later...