Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum

SEARCH LARA CROFT ONLINE HOME

OMG!! Thank you trg very much!!! MUAH!!

LOL!!!!!!!! LOLOLOL!!!!

WOOHOOOOOOO!!

:undecided: ummm.. sry LOL

Im all warm and tingly! LOLZ! LIfe is COmplete! ROFL! :smiley:

EL-- E- VATION!!! WOHOOOOOOO!

You should really play Spitfire from Prodigy while watching this because the movement is in SYNC with the beats of the music LOL!

I hope know one steals that idea from me lol!

They would probably take that and turn it into a fan clip LOL!

Wow.... this type of leak must be an inside job! That or someone from the magazines/websites managed to record it while they were playing... amazing stuff though!

Omg, motion capturing is so sexy! That has to be the future of platform games now :lol: She does feel real now when she's moving about :P I've done that flip over a low wall before and now Lara can do it too :woho:

Lol, so excited! I see they've implemented the wall jump that they wanted to add in Legend, which I guess is good, it does add dynamics to the scaling. Overall, it's looking awesome...oh also, woo blood!

MsC

Awesome!!! :woho:

I cannot wait for this game! :wub:

Oh and no-one has said yet how pretty and shiny her hair is lol :lol:

Wow, absolutely stunning! Thanks for the links, Tombraiderguy and Kostik Raven. I want this game noooooooooooowwwwwwwwww.......... :lol:

I dont like it, its blocky

Not compared to the old Tomb Raider games it aint :P

looks really complicated too.

The more complicated the better, I say :D

Using the second link Raven gave us, I downloaded the torrent. It's HD and you can see everything really well! I don't see how this game here is blocky!

As for complicated, It was mentioned before that the moves, even though there are more than before, they're all very natural and it will feel easy to perform! I have to agree that she looks more normal, human like when she's walking around! The jumps are more realistic too, when you're able to pu her in the right direction before jumping, and to be able to jump diagonally! I'm impressed!

BPanther

The moves certainly look nice, and I'm very glad for the return of blood (come on, it was ridiculous to see Lara look down at her "blood-stained hands" after shooting Larson in TR:A), but I'm worried that this is going to follow the same formula of the two previous games, and CD isn't going to deliver all they promised. It certainly looks like I've played this a few dozen times already. :/

Edited by Ragnarok
The moves certainly look nice, and I'm very glad for the return of blood (come on, it was ridiculous to see Lara look down at her "blood-stained hands" after shooting Larson in TR:A), but I'm worried that this is going to follow the same formula of the two previous games, and CD isn't going to deliver all they promised. It certainly looks like I've played this a few dozen times already. :/

I dunno, I always felt that they delivered well in the previous two games in my opinion. Sure Legend was a bit short, but I gave them a chance with that, it was the first TR they'd ever done and over complicating it probably would have made it worse at that moment. I didn't have any problem with Anniversary, it seemed like a really good re-make to me, it was never going to beat the original, but then again it didn't feel like they were trying to remake the original...it felt like a re-telling of Core's original story, and by treating it like a completely separate game instead of a remake, I think they did fantastically in Anniversary.

I have every faith in CrystalD for Underworld. They said Lara would look realistic whilst moving and she does. They said it'd be longer and more detailed and it looks like it to me. I mean, the person playing that is just going straight through the level without stopping to absorb the scenary or to look at the alternatives. I saw another ledge Lara could have moved to that was possibly a secret, I saw a pot that needed to be smashed, I saw a lot...and it's only a snippet...and it's ever so juicy. I'm sure what they are displaying here is what the magazines and internet gaming websites were given to sample...like a demo, which could be the demo we get to eventually play.

In my opinion, this game is looking outstanding. I doubt it'll get a 10/10 (I'd be extremely happy if it did), but I can very well see it getting a 9/10 if the rest of the game is anything like we've seen here.

Keep this up, Crystal, it's looking good!

MsC

Edited by Ms.Croft

It's not so much the lack of alternatives, it's just... you know, climb onto this ledge, then jump to grab the painfully obvious - er, grabbable thingy on a column, then look back and jump off to grab another painfully obvious grabbable thingy on the other column, and so on and so forth. I liked Anniversary a lot (though I'm one of those who really believe they could have delivered a much better game with Legend, regardless of it being their first TR game), but I get the feeling they followed the same basic gameplay formula with this one. Not to write the game off altogether while we know so little about it - I'm definitely very excited for it and will play it when it comes out - but in all honesty, this video did take away a bit of my excitement.

Another version, 10 minutes long (fourth video down):

http://www.jeuxvideo.fr/gc-videos-exclu-fi...ctu-157002.html

I love the way Lara swats the vegetation out of the way as she runs :D

EDIT: Hey she can stamp spiders now! Because really, who shoots spiders unless they the dog-sized kind? Also, there's some sort of big monster near the beginning of that video...

Edited by Shrensh

I see your point Ragnarok, but Core Design didn't really do much different either. Each game was about traversing ledges and shooting and solving puzzles. They didn't even update the engine that much for 5 games. I've never seen much problem in it myself, I've always loved the dizzying heights of Tomb Raider and exploring the lush scenery through climbing and scaling walls. The only thing that irks me a little is that you tend to know where to go rather than explore to find out as ledges are a clue...but I've heard CrystalD have made this game a lot less linear than Legend and Anniversary, so at least that's good news.

Thanks for the Vid, Shrensh. I don't quite see what you mean by a big monster at the beginning...do you mean the bit where they wait for ages on the ledge and you hear some growling noise, 'cause I don't know if that's some background noise from another game...you can even hear the Tomb Raider trailer in the background at one point. There was also some red glow and something move on the left hand side, but I thought it was a quick flash of someone's hands or fingers or something...still though, if it is a monster, I'm quite excited to see it!

MsC

Taking a look at the HQ version made me see more!... WOW

I love how Lara does these 360 flips and spins!

2 or 3 problems

1) Lara runs funny

2) Lara's ledge grabs look to blocky and lazy

3) A couple of bugs i saw i.e. Lara's feet disappear into the ground! Lara's hand phases through things in certain climbing areas!

IM STILL EXCITED AHHHHH! :woho:

Oh you gotta love that beautiful hair and charm of the woman LOL

Thank you Shrensh for the last video! Some parts are different: you can see the adrenaline dodge now and some other jumps! Very exciting!

Oh my, how amazing does this look!? Thanks a billion for sharing :)

However, as beautiful as this looks now. I get the feeling this still needs a lot of work still. Some of Lara's movements look jerky and incomplete...I realise this is only a demo and probably doesn't fully represent the finished product. It still needs tweaking a bit in my opinion.

Another thing that bothers me is the HUD display in the top left corner of the screen. I can't figure out what it's all about and how it works...Is that the new health meter??

I'm loving the blood already though :woho: Oh, and the wall jumping moving. yeah! and I like how she can carry two SMGs on her back as well :lol:

I'm not too sure about the duel aiming system. It's as if Lara doesn't know where to shoot, but to be fair I'd probably behave the same way with multiple enemies coming at me at once :blink:

But all this is based solely on my first impressions. The majority is simply breath takingly stunning.

Just one question, when do we mere mortals have the chance to get our grubby mits on the demo??? :wub:

Edited by Controlled Chaos

I was just thinking the same thing about vehicles!

I hope it isn't just a bike (even though Ill be grateful anyway) I wish Lara would use a canoe like in TR3!

The water and her paddling or motorbiking or just about any other vehicle would be EXCELLENT!

LOL RaiderMan I feel your pain :lol:

Not any pain, I cant stand it anymore :( :( :(

• 2 weeks later...